Profile for Mr. E. Davies > Reviews

Mr. E. Davies

Samsung WMN1000B Ultra Slim Wall Mount
Samsung WMN1000B Ultra Slim Wall Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wall Mount, Best I've Seen, 14 Oct 2010
I was a bit sceptical of this mount when I saw the price compared to other models available but I have to say it really is worth the money. It was very easy to put up, took 2 of us about 10 minutes. The instructions aren't the best but luckily it's fairly straight forward anyway. The mount adds virtually no depth to the screen, and the screen can be tilted forward to allow wires to be plugged into the TV.

The mount hangs your TV like a picture, I was a little wary of this at first but it seems rock solid and you have the advantage of being able to adjust the position of the TV (to straighten) easily like you would a picture.

It is well worth checking the contents of the box before you do anything though, unfortunately my box didn't include the anchors for mounting the TV on plasterboard walls. I have contacted Amazon and Samsung about this and hopefully it will be remedied by one or the other.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2011 4:20 PM BST

Nikon D60 Digital SLR Camera - Black (AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DSLR, definately worth the upgrade from point & shoots!, 13 Feb 2009
I began my search for a DSLR quite a while ago now, I'd done hours of research on the internet, looked at dozens of reviews and trawled through way too many forums looking for opinions. In the end I realised it was getting me nowhere, one place would say Nikon, one would say Sony and another Canon, the more I looked the harder the decision became.
In the end I took the plunge and bought the D60 kit with VR lens, and I do not regret this decision at all. I'm a total beginner with DSLRs, I'd barely touched one until recently, and the first thing I will say is how shocked I was by how easy this camera is to use. There may be dozens of options available, but I get stunning shot after stunning shot using the Auto mode. I'm looking forward to developing my skills and experimenting with the many options.
If you're thinking of upgrading to a DSLR from a point & shoot digital camera you can't go wrong with this camera, I love it. It really does put my old P&S cameras to shame, and it has made me want to go round taking pictures of everything in sight!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2009 12:22 AM BST