Profile for J. Bonner > Reviews

Content by J. Bonner

J. Bonner (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Dentel Stain Eraser Teeth
Dentel Stain Eraser Teeth
Offered by Care-by-Mail

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 5 April 2015
Total rubbish. Didn't do a thing for my teeth.

Logitech Fold Up Keyboard for iPad 2
Logitech Fold Up Keyboard for iPad 2
Offered by Invero

4.0 out of 5 stars Typing made easy!, 5 April 2015
This has made working with my iPad (4th gen) so much easier! I'd tried a regular Bluetooth keyboard previously but found it almost as awkward as the iPad keyboard to type on due to the tiny keys. This one, however, folds out to a normal-size keyboard so that touch-typers like me can tap away with ease.

I prefer to keep my iPad in its proper case, so I just hook it over the keyboard's built-in stand which does the job OK for me. If I were to put my iPad into the stand it would be rather heavier than I'd like and the screen wouldn't be protected. The keyboard has a plastic film over the top, which I hadn't even noticed at first. I pulled one side off, only for it to leave a horrible sticky mess, so be careful not to do the same!

Although a lot more expensive than a mini Bluetooth keyboard, the fact that this one has a built-in stand and allows you to type at full throttle using full-size keys makes it worth the extra money.

Amazon Fire HD 6 Standing Protective Case (4th Generation - 2014 release), Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a case that fits!, 18 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was pleased to finally get my hands on a case that actually fitted my little Fire. Being purpose-designed it's obviously a good fit and the magnetic closer still works if you fold the cover back to read one-handed. I can't say I'm convinced about the stand function. It seems a bit flimsy and I can't get it to stand up either way but it doesn't bother me because I just wanted something to keep my Fire protected when I take it out and about to read with.

ARCTIC P253 BT II Gen.- Bluetooth (V4.0) Stereo Headphone, Built-in Mic, A2DP/AVRCP, iOS/Android/Windows - Black
Offered by Nord PC GmbH & Co. KG

4.0 out of 5 stars Great functionality, 21 Sept. 2014
Style-wise I'll keep these for using on the treadmill indoors because I think I look silly wearing them and there doesn't seem to be a way of adjusting the band to fit my little head. Function-wise, though, I can't fault these, especially for the price. They worked straight out of the box (didn't even need to charge them), the sound is perfectly OK for my needs, I can fiddle about with the volume etc with one hand and I've not had any trouble with losing connection, music stuttering etc. They fold up small enough to store in my treadmill's drinks holder, too. I'm not sure how long the ear coverings will last in terms of coping with getting sweat on them, but for now these headphones have been a good purchase.

Portable Travelling Adjustable Folding Table-Click NEW for colour options.
Portable Travelling Adjustable Folding Table-Click NEW for colour options.
Offered by worldofbargain888

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for reading but definitely not for eating, 12 Sept. 2014
"Similar to as seen on TV" is what the box says. Yes, it is relatively flimsy, but if all you need it for is something to lean on while reading or writing, it'll do the job just fine. However, the main reason I got it was so I didn't have to use a tray if I wanted to eat while watching the telly and it's useless for that job because none of the table top settings allow it to sit horizontally, meaning I'd risk my dinner sliding into my lap! The first setting actually makes the table top slop away from you - who on earth would need or want that?

Oral-B Pro 6000 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity and Smart Series Powered by Braun (Packaging May Vary)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but gimmicky!, 13 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had a Braun Oral-B toothbrush for years, but it was looking a bit worn so it was great to be able to try out a full-featured model. This toothbrush is slightly longer and chunkier than what I'm used to, but it comes with its own little travel box, which will come in useful. The stand incorporates storage and the charging lead. However, it takes an absolute age to charge and I can't really understand why when it still only lasts as long as my older toothbrush, despite only being used for four minutes a day. There's not much warning - one second it's running, the next it conks out! Another charging annoyance for me is the fact that the lead isn't long enough to reach my shaving socket, so I have started to charge the toothbrush using the unit from my old one.

My teeth feel really clean after brushing with this toothbrush and the Smart Guide unit does help to motivate me to brush for the recommended two minutes. I quite like getting the four stars and smiley face, so that's a gimmick that would definitely appeal to kids and aid them with establishing good brushing habits. It's a shame that the Smart Guide has to be powered by a battery. The toothbrush is rechargeable, so it would be better if the Smart Guide was too. When the battery runs out I don't think I'll be that likely to replace it, although having the clock display is quite useful in the bathroom!

The toothbrush "talks" to the Smart Guide via Bluetooth without the need for any user input but I've not tried it with the phone app because that's one gimmick too far for my liking. This is a good toothbrush, it does its job well and the extra touches are nice. Despite this I was shocked to discover the full retail price of this product and can't understand why anyone would pay so much money for what is, at the end of the day, still just a toothbrush!

Confidence Gtr Power Pro Motorised Treadmill
Confidence Gtr Power Pro Motorised Treadmill

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, 23 July 2014
I'd had a first generation Reebok iRun for years and recently bought its current style from another well-known retailer whose name also begins with A. However, the problems I had with trying to get it to fold up and down were immense and led me to wondering why on earth I didn't consider buying the Confidence GTR treadmill instead. I'd been put off by its comparatively flimsy appearance and it would be fair to say that the build quality isn't great. I had to be sent two, both of which had various scratches and scuff marks on them, and the plastic isn't the most durable.

On the plus side, this treadmill does everything that the Reebok iRun did, for half the price. In fact, it does it better, as there are controls on the arms as well as the main console and I love how I can press one button to take me right up to a certain speed from which I can then make adjustments.

The best thing for me is that I can fold this treadmill up with one hand and it's easy to wheel into a different spot. The iRun, on the other hand, required me to use every ounce of strength I have and was very cumbersome to move around. The new generation iRun also has a design defect (Reebok told me this themselves) with the handles that have to be pulled and twisted to fold the unit up and down. The Confidence one, on the other hand, is dead simple and can be done without bending down to the floor. The iRun folds up more compactly than the Confidence treadmill, the handles and console of which both just out quite a bit, but it takes very little actual floor space and for me hasn't been too much of an issue.

It's early days, but so far everything is going well with the Confidence GTR treadmill. I am 5'8" and don't have any problem with the length/texture of the running surface, nor the overall stability, plus the unit does what it's supposed to by stopping if the safety magnet is pulled off.

Yes, the Reebok iRun looks wonderful and is solidly built but it's also extremely heavy and twice the price but without twice the functionality. I returned the iRun in favour of the Confidence treadmill and I think I made the right choice.

Mindfulness at Work For Dummies
Mindfulness at Work For Dummies
by Shamash Alidina

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 6 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book contains some excellent theory about mindfulness and lots of practical tips, tests and exercises to put it into practice. There is certainly plenty of content that would bring positive results to workers' lives... as long as they buy into it. For me, I felt that some of the advice was a bit "hippyish," eg "When you notice the traffic light just about to turn red, stop; don't accelerate. Use the time to look at the sky... or think about how fortunate you are to own a car." On a practical level, most busy people would find it difficult to find the undisturbed 15-25 mins advocated for some of the exercises.

I've read other mindfulness books and attended a 6-week course on the subject, so I'm aware of the benefits it can bring. There are lots of positives to recommend this book, but I struggled to find the enthusiasm and can only suggest it was down to the writing style.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2014 6:03 PM BST

Rosewood Combo Comb and Moult Stoppa, Small
Rosewood Combo Comb and Moult Stoppa, Small

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit hit and miss, 9 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, the comb side of the product that I received is not the same as in the website photo - mine still has the tiny teeth but the comb itself is not straight-edged but curved. I'm not convinced that such tiny teeth are going to have that much effect on animals' fur, which even in short-haired cats, is considerably longer. Nonetheless, my cat does actually tolerate me brushing him with the comb and even purrs as I do it. Normally he jumps off my lap within seconds if I start brushing him, so that was a success, even if it doesn't actually have the capacity to pick up much hair. (I have a Zoom Groom for my cat which is silicone, so much softer, and it does a much better job on picking up dead/loose hair.)

The rake side of this product was a total no-no. I felt the teeth were too "extreme" and pointed to be used on my short-haired cat. I can see it working well on dogs with rough coats or longer fur, but not for cats.

Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Apple and Cinnamon 50 g (Pack of 16)
Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Apple and Cinnamon 50 g (Pack of 16)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for emergencies, 1 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a pleasant apple smell as soon as you open the packet and the apple taste is also quite pronounced, although I couldn't detect any cinnamon at all. These biscuits are crunchy (lots of crumbs) and oh so dry. I tried to eat one while walking down the street and really needed a drink to help get it down. I guess these biscuits are OK to put in a pocket if you're not sure when you'll get breakfast, but they're not something I'd buy myself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9