Profile for Loli P > Reviews

The Longest Holiday
The Longest Holiday
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 7 Jun 2014
I was lucky enough to get this as a free download although, had I realised what a brilliant read it was, I'd have been more than willing to pay! I confess it is not my usual type of book but. . . . I liked Laura, & the friends desperately trying to help her with the relationship issue which has really dragged her down, so it didn't take too long for me to get into especially once we were introduced to Leo, the moment he appeared I was rooting for the two of them. There are the standard twists & turns with its 'Afair to Remember' moment adding to it for me. Over cooked the dinner a couple of nights as I couldn't put it down! Re read impending, excellent.

Magic Pillows, Hidden Quilts
Magic Pillows, Hidden Quilts
by Karin Hellaby
Price: 17.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking good., 7 Jun 2014
Figured this may be a way to use some of my stash (tho may have to buy more fabric, you never know)! The patterns & instructions look really easy to understand & are well laid out. I like the fact that lots of the designs are shown in a tonal format rather than in fabrics which I don't have a hope of finding, There are also alternate ways of storing the quilts aside from the usual attached pocket method which I look forward to trying out.
Would be a good start point for those reasonably new to patchwork as the designs start with the basics. Very happy with this purchase.

Lingstar(TM) Faux Diamond Studded Necklace Blue Butterfly Pendant Necklace Xmas
Lingstar(TM) Faux Diamond Studded Necklace Blue Butterfly Pendant Necklace Xmas
Offered by UKLINGSTAR
Price: 1.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty., 29 May 2014
Purchased as a gift for my daughter who loves butterflies. Looking at the photo I thought the colouring on the wings would be translucent but it is quite opaque, this certainly doesn't detract from it though & she loved it. A very pretty necklace & a little different with the double chain.

A Day at the Office
A Day at the Office
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A work of genius., 29 May 2014
I shall most certainly be looking at getting more from this author. It isn't often I laugh out loud at a story &, although at times there were bitter sweet twists, the confusion that reigns on valentines day at the office had me chuckling on more than one occasion. The characters are beautifully written & believable, & putting the book down was difficult as I had to know what was going to happen next (resulting in a very late night)!Can't say enough to praise the writing, total talent & I've already recommended it to a few of my friends. FANTASTIC.

Sun Style Tai Chi - 73 Forms [DVD]
Sun Style Tai Chi - 73 Forms [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sun Style Tai Chi - 73 Forms
Price: 22.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Works the brain as well as the body., 28 April 2014
You will need space to do this & the ability to reverse all you see, Each move is demonstrated facing the camera but sadly they are executed in the opposite direction. If you have ever experienced the dance games on the Wii they are done so that you mirror the movements, naturally in this case the 'performer' turns to face the right way & you are presented with their back. Considering learning a few of moves at a time & gradually building knowledge of the sequence.

Stitch, Craft, Create: Sewing
Stitch, Craft, Create: Sewing
Price: 0.46

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 stars., 28 April 2014
Was looking for something quick & simple to make for fund raisers & came across this book. As with the weddings book there are some sweet ideas but finding the patterns is proving a little more difficult. Really want to make the elephant toy once I get my printer up & running again & manage to find the patterns!

Stitch, Craft, Create: Weddings: 17 beautiful craft projects for your special day
Price: 0.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure your printer works., 28 April 2014
Two & a half stars really from me. There are some decent enough ideas in here but naturally, being an e book, the patterns are not included & have to be downloaded from their website, Admittedly I was in a bit of a rush when I found it, but trying to work out what to do to even view the patterns has as yet proved illusive.Basic & hopefully quick to make designs if I can ever get the patterns!

The Stress-Free You: How to Live Stress-Free and Feel Great Every Day, Starting Today
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds so simple., 20 April 2014
Read through a couple of times & it confirmed my thoughts. Cheaper than therapy & although meditation in my household is difficult to say the least I have also purchased a Tai Chi dvd & hope I've enough space to try the theory out. Realising where the issue stems from seems to help assess the best way to tackle it. Don't know if it will help but I hope so & feel it's worth a try.

Opal's Wish: Book Four of The Crystal Warriors Series
Opal's Wish: Book Four of The Crystal Warriors Series
Price: 2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for more!., 20 April 2014
Pure indulgent escapism, Normally I'm quite patient & will wait for a book to go down a bit before purchasing but not this time. Totally hooked & waiting on the next one (which should happen given the mention of more crystals in Pieters possession). Slight twist in this one as our Warrior is released by the daughter of his intended life mate but it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. It also proves that Pieter is as much a victim of the curse he cast as the men he now tries to help. Really can't wait for news of the next Warriors release.Proof that I can multi task too, housework whilst reading, not easy but it happened.!

Forged in Ash (A Red-Hot SEALs Novel)
Forged in Ash (A Red-Hot SEALs Novel)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars When's the next one please?, 20 April 2014
Read Forged in Fire & adored the strength of the characters. OK, so it's a little different with the 'powers' our main characters possess but I loved it & couldn't wait for Forged it Ash to appear, not disappointed! For me it was a 'just finish this chapter & I'll get on with things' book, problem was I finished the book ! ! If you like your men to be men & the ladies to be a little feisty these are fantastic. There was no mention of more but another three at least & soon I hope. Books I'll read happily read more than once, loved them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10