Profile for Ella > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cats In The Cradle
Cats In The Cradle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song!, 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Cats In The Cradle (MP3 Download)
Another song I've always enjoyed, but never got round to buying until now. Thoroughly enjoying it.The only one of his songs I have and love it! I was reminded of it recently while listening to the radio and decided to get it! If you don't know what it's about, it's about a dad who's son is longing to spend time with his dad, his dad is always making promises to be there and do things with him.....but work always comes first to keep the family going, while the years fly by as they inevitably do! The twist in the tail is, the father gets old and now he's on his own. He calls the son to make arrangements for them to meet up and spend some time together, but the roles are now reversed and the son doesn't have the time now as his, marriage, work, family etc. are now making him too busy.

Maybe it means a bit more to me now as I watch my son with his son. He always makes time for him, he loves spending time with him and is very well aware of how quickly the time with him passes, he's already 7. When my son was young his father was never there and always working, it killed him to have a day off and he wasn't really into his kids. So I love watching my son with his, it's wonderful and I know my grandson will always look back and relish the time they had together while he was growing up. Such an important special time.
Great song that makes you think!

Cellophane
Cellophane

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song!, 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Cellophane (MP3 Download)
Love this song. Not got much to say about it really...great song...sang brilliantly. I haven't ever bought any Amanda Ghost music. I bought this because I had forgotten about it, and then I heard it in the film (Sweet November) and thought I must buy it as I'd always liked it but never got round to buying it. Have listened to it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: 25 (Audio CD)
Brilliant, then I knew it would be. I love Adele and this latest offering from her is of the same brilliant standard as her last album. Some people are accusing her of plagiarising others work. I don't hear it myself no matter how hard I listen. Hello....is not a copyrighted word.....and this song is NOTHING like Lionel Ritchie's Hello, in fact it's light years away from it. What ARE these people listening to that say things like this, they need their ears syringed.

Other's are comparing another of her song's, to one from Neil Young called Old Man and another one to an artist I can't quite remember. There's no likeness whatsoever as far as I can hear.

Anyway I'm still playing it enjoying it and loving every minute. Can't go wrong with auto-rip either, as it means you can play it in the house while having a copy in the car...brilliant...what's not to like! Buy it!

Crafty Candy
Crafty Candy

1.0 out of 5 stars ZZZzzzzzz, 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Crafty Candy (App)
Uninstalled it! Extremely boring!

200pcs x 4mm Red Cherry Round Crackle Glass Beads "Great Spacers!" - Jewellery Making (Ref:13A22)
Offered by k2-accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 8 Feb. 2016
Great beads very nice colour and size.

Universally Challenged: Quiz Contestants Say the Funniest Things
Universally Challenged: Quiz Contestants Say the Funniest Things

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 1 Jan. 2016
Heard them all before. Could've written this book myself as could a million others! I bought this thinking it would be a good laugh but I actually just found it boring. Nothing new in it!

Tcm on Moonlight Bay / By the Light of the Silvery [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 1 Jan. 2016
Brilliant! I have just loved this film for years and years. So thought it was time to have my own copy, I can watch whenever I feel like it. I wasn't disappointed. I got all cosy on my own and watched both in a mini film-a-thon with a small sherry. I love Doris Day! It was wonderful, she really was brilliant.
The performances of all the cast are memorable too, each one in it's own right. The family are so lovely and wholesome they make you want to be a part of them. The young boy who plays the brother is hysterically funny in these films, the mother is brilliant as is the father....and the maid...well it's well seen she's been with the family for years, or she'd never get away with some of the things she says.

Doris Day was so good in her time, it's such a shame that while she gave so much pleasure entertaining others, she suffered so much horrible abuse from a husband who beat her up regularly..controlled and spent all her money, leaving her with nothing after years of hard work! Then losing her only child/son, it's amazing she carried on.

Anyway if you're thinking of buying...don't hesitate as you'll smile from ear to ear as you watch! Films of this era, really were enjoyable films with great stories, unlike the tripe you get now!
She was made of sterner stuff of course and worked harder to gain it all back again.

Golden Gum Nuggets, Pack of 3
Golden Gum Nuggets, Pack of 3
Offered by Fizzyizzy sweets

5.0 out of 5 stars There's gold in them thar hills!, 1 Jan. 2016
I threw these in along with my sons Christmas presents for a laugh. They are men now all grown up with their own kids etc. but they were quite pleased as they hadn't seen these in years. I don't know if they've tried them yet, but I'm sure they bring back some happy memories. I had a pack myself as I remember them too.
They aren't as full as the picture, it seems to have them bursting out of the bag lol! They are inside the little cloth drawstring bag (pictured) with some chewing gum gold nuggets in a cellophane bag inside. You can't open them and leave them for long or they become very sticky and all clump together. They were fun and the flavour was more or less what I remember it to be. Good fun full of childhood memories!

NEW WOMEN LONG SLEEVE TARTAN SWING FLARED DRESS CHECK LONG SLEEVE DRESS TOP PLUS UK SIZE 8-26 (L/XL 16-18, ROYAL TARTAN)
Offered by ColourYourFashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much...buying more!, 1 Jan. 2016
I bought this top, honestly thinking at the back of my mind, it'll do for wearing about the house. Well I was really quite pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It is as others say a bit on the larger side size wise, but that doesn't bother me as it goes with the kind of top it is. I ordered a 16-18, next time I'm going to try the 12-14 and see how that is. The material is thin, so need to wear something warm underneath (maybe a nice lacy thermal) The colour is beautiful. I bought the blue.

I haven't worn mine (just tried it on) so not had cause to wash it yet. It may be on the big side because the material may shrink, who knows? I didn't have any problem with the sleeves others have mentioned, my arms went straight through no problem.
Length wise (I'm 5ft) it comes down to my knees which I like as I could actually wear it as a dress, with a full underskirt and thick tights.

I love this and I'm going to order another 2 in other colours.
16-18 measurements.....
Bust: Under arm to under arm...20 inches...51cms. (so 40 bust approx.)
Sleeve length: 24 inches.....61cms. (no problems for me, quite stretchy)
Length from back neck: 33 inches....84cms. (covers a multitude of sins)

Hope you find this review helpful with the measurements included. When I first read the reviews for this item I was hoping to find some measurements but couldn't find any.

Mr. Skeffington [1944]
Mr. Skeffington [1944]
Dvd ~ Bette Davis
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Mr. Skeffington [1944] (DVD)
I just love this film and always have since I first watched it on TV with my mother. It's wonderful. I felt though that there were bits missing on this version?? Not sure if this has been edited to make it shorter, I still loved watching it though? I've seen this film so many times now throughout the years, and I just know that I'll watch it again and again now that I have my own copy.

Great film to curl up on the sofa with when all's peaceful, with a nice glass of something.......... then drift away into Mrs Skeffington's life. Wonderful ending too, they just don't make films like this anymore, more's the pity. I won't go into any details of the film in case I spoil it, but you can be guaranteed, with Bette Davies and Claude Rains it's going to be a wonderful story and a brilliant film! Don't hesitate...buy it and Enjoy!

Oh and .....would you call Janie Clarkson...
...and tell her I can't possibly see her
for lunch today?