Profile for Sandra > Reviews

30ml Tea Tree Essential Oil
30ml Tea Tree Essential Oil
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea Tree Oil, 11 Feb. 2014
Seems to be the real deal, but I'm no expert. The smell isn't that nice, it's not horrible, but definitely not like flowers. Has kind of a.. branchy (after you peel away the bark, kind of), eathy smell to it. That's the only way I can describe it. Nonetheless, it's nice and I enjoy using it. I just mask the smell with another essential oil, like peppermint.
I'm not sure if it does what it advertises or if it's actually helping my acne but I hope it is. Again, nevertheless it's oddly soothing to use it. I mix it with aloevera gel and use it as a moisturizer and it's really nice. Next time I'm going to try a stronger mix, I think I'm using about 2% strength now.
(Here is a great page if you wanna know how much to use to get a certain percentage: [...])

Recommended.

30ml Peppermint Essential Oil
30ml Peppermint Essential Oil
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppermint oil, 11 Feb. 2014
Seems to be the real deal, but I'm certainly no expert. Smells nice and will last me forever. You only need a few drops for the smell to be strong.

Recommended.

Panasonic ES246AC Heated Bikini Shaper & Trimmer
Panasonic ES246AC Heated Bikini Shaper & Trimmer
Offered by Price Grabber

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., 11 Feb. 2014
Does what it says, and does it well. I would have prefered it to be watertight, and instead of batteries it would have been nice for it to be rechargable. But even when using batteries it's strong and lasts for about, according to the pamplet, 45 mins. But mine hasn't run out yet and I'm pretty sure I've used it for more. We've even used it on the cat when she had a really thick clump of tangled hair. Went though it way better than my dad's hairclippers, which by the way brings me to another good point, it's super easy to clean. Just pop of the blades, use the little brush or water and voilá. Clean as a whistle.

Gives a pretty close damn trim, close enough to satisfy most. If you want it closer you're just going to have to shave. It didn't snag my skin once, or pulled on my hair for that matter, and I even used it without the guard on my bikiniline, legs and under my armpits. I wasn't brave enough to try my private area without it but I found that about setting 3-4 was more than short enough for me.

Bottom line is: If you want to trim your vagee-gee without having to fiddle around with scissors or razors, this is for you. Small, light, travelfriendly (the batteries) and more than strong enough to handle even the roughest hairs.

Highly recommended.

P.s I would suggest getting a pouch for it as none is supplied. Makes it wasy easier to store.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 6:29 AM BST

The Sewing Book
The Sewing Book
by Alison Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for beginners!, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Book (Hardcover)
So! Much! Information! I don't think I'll ever stop needing this book. Even if you're a complete beginner or someone with alot of experience this book is a good read. Awesome step by step pictures, which I desperatly need as I can not for the life of me just read what to do.

Highly recommended!

Camera Wrist Strap / Hand Grip For Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus SLR/DSLR (Round Strap)
Offered by XCSOURCE

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably better suited for bigger cameras, 12 Sept. 2013
I have a Sony a33 and I think the foam part is just a tad too long to make this fit on the side of the camera with the strap tight enough. There's also a bit too much friction on the underside of it, making it hard to get your hand in fast and without using the other hand to drag the foam into place. I decided to remove the foam piece and now only have the strap, and that works alot better!

I also had to cut off the little plastic bit on the bottom, probably put there to prevent the bottom piece spinning, as it just ended up in the middle and left a gap between my camera and the bottom piece.

What I do love though, even if it is something that you expect on a piece of equipment like this, is how they have a tripod "screw" on the bottom, so you don't have to remove this to put it on a tripod.

Over all I'm pleased with the buy but it needed some modification to fit my needs and the size of my hands/camera.

Kaavie Memory Card Case for 8 x SD Cards(Rubber Sealed Waterproof)
Kaavie Memory Card Case for 8 x SD Cards(Rubber Sealed Waterproof)
Offered by UK Highland Photography

4.0 out of 5 stars Great storage for your SD cards, 12 Sept. 2013
I'll start by saying I really like this SD card holder. It's practical and very useful for someone like me who has 5+ cards with more on the way. Even though the holder in my opinion is far from ugly they haven't focused that much on design but more on it being able to withstand the everyday adventures of an active photograper. Which is the way it should be. Since I just recieved it I haven't been able to test the water"proof"ness or how durable it is, and I probably never will as I'm not what you would call a risktaker when it comes to taking photos. But it's good to have just in case.
I wouldn't call it super-light, but it's also not heavy. Also neither slim nor bulky. So somewhere in between on both.

Now onto the things that made me give this a 4 and not a 5.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the clasp really is kind of tricky to open. You can't just easily snap it open with your thumb, unless you have -really- strong nails. But this is technically a good thing as it certainly won't open on it's own. Still, this brings down the score as I will probably be frustrated "on the field" when I can't get it open fast enough. Extending the clasp just a tiny bit would help immensly as you wouldn't have to use your nails to get under it.

Another thing mentioned is how the cards pop out easily. I say this is both true and not-true. Yes, they do pop out. But I had to smack hard and shake violently to make them do so. And even then only one fell out at a time. As long you make sure they are properly in the slots and don't put it in a tumbledryer I think it'll be fine. But maybe I got a good version, who knows. The slots sure could be a little deeper, then the cards would sit more securely.

Over all, well worth the price if you need something to organize your cards and keep them safe.

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

2.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the shipping etc, not so happy with the game., 10 July 2013
It was delivered as usual, very fast and in great condition. So happy with that aspect. Now the game on the other hand was a let-down. It completely lacks the essence of adventure that the first two games had. I would even go as far as to call it boring and long-winded. The missions all feel the same and just feel like a chore rather than something you want to do to progress in the game. The character interactions, even though not horrible, lack depth and feeling.

The mechanics are actually pretty good and you don't have to think about them when playing the game, which is how it should be. Also the leveling up wasn't bad, not the best I've seen but certainly not the worst.

Then of course, the ending itself. Putting aside the fact that what you do in the game doesn't effect the ending AT ALL, (and I'm not even kidding, I could have let everybody die and I would have gotten the exact same ending, just less people in it) all the plot-holes in the ending sequence itself is appaling. It's like they ran out of time and just made something up to get some kind of ending. Then when they decided to listen to its customers and released a "new" ending it actually didn't change much at all. Pretty much nothing was changed. They just added a couple of very short scenes to get rid of the plotholes and that was it. Highly disappointed. A horrible ending to what was suppose to be a wonderful trilogy.

2 Piece Yin Yang Friendship Pewter Pendant Necklace
2 Piece Yin Yang Friendship Pewter Pendant Necklace
Offered by Dan Jewelers, USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the prettiest, 10 July 2013
I have seen prettier versions of this. But they are often more expensive and might not serve the purpose you want. For the price I'm happy. I shared this with my boyfriend, he has the white (not actually white, but silver) one and I have the black one.
I have barely taken it off since I got it. I shower with it, I sleep with it. So the pendant itself can withstand alot, don't know about the necklace since I've changed it to a chain. I don't think there has been any fading in the black part yet, but I'm not sure since it was a bit faded to start with as a part of the design. So for quality, it's great. Looks are another matter, but that's all down to preference.

Set of 64 Half Sticks Jackson's Artist Square Soft Pastels [Toy]
Set of 64 Half Sticks Jackson's Artist Square Soft Pastels [Toy]
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colours., 10 July 2013
For the price, it's worth buying. The colours vary from muted to vibrant and 64 colours are alot to choose from.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because they aren't as soft as I would have wanted them. Yes, they work really well if you shave them, the colours really become vibrant when used like that, but since they are so small I don't wanna waste product by shaving off too much. So if they had been softer you could have simply dragged the brush over them and gotten enough pigment to draw.

Now I'm not an expert on pastels, far from it, but if you're a beginner "artist" like me these will do the trick. Cheap, alot of colours and decent enough to learn with. But if you have high standards and want them to be really soft, like Schmincke pastels, then look another way.

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely fun., 10 July 2013
If you like action/adventure games, this is for you. The character development in this is amazing. The mechanics are easy to learn and understand. It's just alot of fun exploring and climbing about, which isn't hindered by bad mechanics.

Highly recommended.