Profile for PaulH > Reviews

Content by PaulH

PaulH

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 NEOPRENE CARRY CASE WITH SHOCKSOCK LOGO BY CELLAPOD CASES BLACK
Offered by Cellapod
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What You See Is What You Get!, 18 Oct 2013
Bought this case because having just bought the new Galaxy Note 3 no shop that I could find sold a case for the phone - how stupid!!! I looked and looked hard for a case having some experience from buying cases for past iphones. I simply couldnt make my mind up as there arn't that many cases to chose from at the moment from known brands. I've been using my phone for work so needed a case urgently and decided to buy this case as a stop gap just like previous reviewer did (Mr. Geoffrey Phillips). Just got the case today and it's what I expected. The seller was good enough to send it earlier than expected after I initially discovered it was going to take a week to arrive - which was no good for me.

Early days yet cause I've only just got the case but it provides simple all round protection of the phone where most cases only cover the back and sides. I was tempted to buy the survivor case on here but having had one for my iphone previously found the belt clip useless and it was annoying to keep removing all the rubber covers that covered the camera etc. Plus despite having a case that covered the entire phone, you do lose that feel of the phone and EVERY screen protector and case that provides a perspect screen cover reduces the brilliance of the screen, kind of dumbs down the look of it. So in short this case allows full protection when the phone is not in use and when in use I get to experience the phone in all it's brilliance. For me it might be a stop gap or not but provide the protection I need.

Good price.

The Story of Jesus [DVD]
The Story of Jesus [DVD]
Price: 7.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Typical Liberal Views, 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Story of Jesus [DVD] (DVD)
The mini film clips look great but was unhappy with those "professionals" being interviewed. Some clearly didn't believe the bible's account. It's wasn't blatant differences but subtle. All in all I couldn't re comment this DVD as being truthful.

Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Digital Display and Black Resin Strap SGW-100-1VEF
Price: 38.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 July 2013
I needed a replacement watch for my work. After a lengthy stay in Argos I decided to buy this watch which was 20 more expensive than Amazon. Not a problem, shops have higher running costs. But my biggest disappointment with this watch is the stop watch only clocks 1hour. What a waste of time!!!! I need to record the time I spend working and per job and sometimes each job goes over an hour.

What worse is that the info from Argos about exactly what their watches do is seriously limited and the Casio website wasn't much better. How can people make an inform decision when the info isn't available and the cashier hasn't a clue?

This seems to be a trend I've noticed from other retailers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 12:25 AM GMT

HP Pavilion dv6-6c56ea 15.6 inch Laptop PC (Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 1TB, Windows 7 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Technicians Review!, 3 Mar 2012
I'm a computer technician - so I work on alot of customer computers and laptops. One thing I find is that most customer computers are sluggish because they buy cheap not understanding or caring about the spec of their computers. I ALWAYS advise people to spend as much as they can afford because laptops are not upgradeable apart from RAM (sometimes). The cheap slow laptops come slow out of the box - very frustrating. The end result is customers call me to speed up their computers all the time so I know a thing or too about sluggish computers / laptops.

I needed a replacement laptop as my 8 year old HP laptop has been handed down to my children. I've always liked HP. I wanted something portable so 17" laptop was too big. I also wanted a laptop as high end as I could afford because laptops are not upgradeable and i don't like sluggish computers. I would have liked an Apple Mac Book Pro but I wasn't going to spend 1500-2000 on a laptop. I didn't have an open cheque book so price was important. I came very close to buying the new ASUS Red A53E-SX1339S 15.6" Laptop - from PC World for 599. Then I saw a better spec HP Pavilion dv6-6c12sa at Staples for 650 and bought that although I really wanted a laptop with an i7 CPU rather than AMD. CPU's are very important! I came home and searched the internet to find a better DV6 model - HP Pavilion dv6-6c56ea for same price on Amazon so I bought that one and returned the other DV6 laptop to Staples unopened. So here I am typing away on my new HP i7 laptop.

So far I'm very happy with it. Keyboard is easy to use. Nice screen. It's super fast for a laptop and with further tweaks here and there and replace the bloated Norton Internet Security with MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) - this laptop probably rivals Apple for every day performace. This laptop is a great buy for the spec vs price. As a technician in the industry, I highly recommend this laptop! If you don't like slow buy better to start with is my advise and this laptop is highly recommended.

14/4/12 Update
Since owning this laptop for a few weeks as my backup laptop I've had chance to get to know it better. Battery life does not last anywhere near 6 hours when set to high performance. Unless you set to high performance it can feel a bit sluggish, power is everything! Love the cool metal chasis. Lighter and less bulky than my last ZV6179ea HP Pavilion laptop! When converting my owned DVD's for my iPad it really comes into its own for speed beating my Quad Core PC for performance. Remember, the slower your computer the more you have to wait for everything!! USB 3.0 sockets work fine!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 10:59 AM GMT