Profile for Mrs. J. Abbott > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Abbott

Mrs. J. Abbott

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting, abusive advice., 16 Sept. 2014
I was really disgusted to read this book. I can't believe, despite decades of research, that this author is promoting abusive methods of sleep training. It actually made me feel sick to read it. I don't know how ANYONE can advocate doing what she suggests to an innocent, helpless baby. I'm so angry!

The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution:  Gentle Ways to Encourage Your Child to Eat-and Eat Healthy
The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Your Child to Eat-and Eat Healthy

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 19 Dec. 2011
Whilst I highly rate The No Cry Sleep Solution, I was sadly disappointed by this title.

The first part was excellent. Her descriptions of a picky eater resembled my child to a T and I was anxious to get on to the 'solution' part of the book as I felt after reading this part that she really understood picky eaters and would be able to help me.

Some of her suggestions are interesting and certainly worth a try but there was very little that I hadn't heard before. I was very disappointed to reach the end of that part without finding any ideas that I really felt we hadn't tried, or that would make a real difference.

I was mostly disappointed though by the recipes at the end. After showing she had a good understanding of how picky eaters work, I can't believe she suggests such recipes including things like casseroles, that I can't imagine any truly picky eater, certainly not my son, would ever entertain.

I realise every child is different and perhaps these ideas and recipes would work for some but I don't feel it has helped my situation at all.

Where Is the Green Sheep?
Where Is the Green Sheep?
by Judy Horacek
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece!, 25 Oct. 2011
I bought this book for my son's 1st birthday and he loved it the first time we read it. He is now 2 and a half and it is still one of his favourites. We can read it several times in a day sometimes.

It's a very carefully crafted rhyming book with fantastic illustrations and as an adult I enjoy reading it too and appreciating the work that has gone into creating its perfect simplicity. I buy it now for every friend's child on their first birthday.

I recently came across an article by Mem Fox on how she wrote the story and it is a fascinating read in itself - [...]