Profile for John C Cambridge > Reviews

Content by John C Cambridge

John C Cambridge

Proporta iPad mini Case Leather Style Swivel 360 Degrees Rotating Cover with In-Built Stand Function- Black
Offered by Microlink PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, works well and is light weight, 6 Feb. 2013
The iPad Mini has been in the case since it arrived and fits perfectly. It feels fine in your hand, adds very little to the size or weight. It activates the auto on and off feature and has easy access to all the ports. The swivel feature works very well. It looks good and gives reasonable protection to the iPad. It is held closed by a elasticated band, which works well but could be a weakness if it snaps as it does not look replaceable. This is the only aspect of the design I think warrants further development.

Panasonic TX-L42E5B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD - Black (New for 2012) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the package, 20 Aug. 2012
I have had this TV for a month, replacing a 20 " CRT TV. It was easy to unpack and start, tuned in well and has been easy to use. It has a good set of built in screen, sound and other settings which give you a reasonable set of setup choices. I have not yet explored the detailed setting changes you can make beyond these. We have watched the Olympics and it has preformed well with picture quality. I have not been able to use the wi-fi link to try the web applications due to none delivery of the dongle. I have also not used the sd car reader. I have connected my Humax SD PVR and the playback has been fine, my five year old happy to see her favourite programmes on the bigger screen.I connected it using the included scart adaptor. I have also connected a cheap DVD player using the composite video connections. Play back again has been fine.We have the TV in a corner of the room on a TV cabinet, standing well to the back and it is very stable and we have not had to use the screw hole to fix to the furniture. I my daughter was not five I would have considered doing so.

The remote control is easy and logical to use. The on screen guide is clear and customisable. Improvements would be [a] to have guide and picture on screen at the same time [b] to jump scroll sideways in time. [b] when I start the Humax the picture on the screen at the time is momentarily interrupted, it should be possible to screen this effect out [d] position the ON switch directly on the side or bottom edge of the TV as it is behind the right had edge and I have to locate by feel a screw head and then move up my fingers by feel to press the small ON switch. My five year old at present does not fortunately try to put the TV on for herself as it is only this action that would bring her in to contact with the TV.

Like all LCD/LED TV's the connections are round the back so connecting cables once the TV is in position it awkward give the TV's size. This is one reason I have not screwed the stand to the TV. I took photos of the rear before positioning so I can read the labels and locate connection more easily.