Profile for R. A. Somogyi > Reviews

Content by R. A. Somogyi

R. A. Somogyi

Page: 1 | 2
Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go 1GB Preloaded Data Standard SIM for 3G Tablets
Offered by Zeto UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing reviews, 1 Jan 2013
A lot of these reviews refer to 3 month validity but the product description states 1 month. So makes me think they refer to a former product, not this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 6:22 PM GMT

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Istanbul
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Istanbul
by Rose Baring

3.0 out of 5 stars Glossy but short on substance, 19 May 2012
I bought this in April 2012 because it was the most recently updated of the Istanbul guidebooks. Lots of colourful illustrations and diagrams and a high standard of finish make it attractive to look at and the fold-out map and other map pages are useful. However, once I started using it I was disappointed at the haphazard way information was presented. Upon visiting the major sights such as the Haghia Sophia Museum or the Suleymaniye Camii Mosque I found beautiful diagrams but little real information.
A lot glossier but not as useful as the Rough Guide.

1.8M USB 2.0 Data Cable A Male to A Male - Black
1.8M USB 2.0 Data Cable A Male to A Male - Black
Offered by Storage Depot Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok - if you don't need it for a fortnight !, 13 Oct 2011
Judging by the other reviews, this cable is very good value. Can't say myself, because although I ordered it nine days ago, it has not yet arrived. After I ordered, I did get a polite e-mail, telling me that it had been posted - in Hong Kong! Pity this was not stated on the order page.
I needed it urgently, so ordered an identical lead on eBay. It cost 20p more, but arrived within 36 hours and works perfectly.

A&D UA-767 Plus 30 Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
A&D UA-767 Plus 30 Digital Blood Pressure Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and reliable, 16 Jun 2011
This does what it claims to do.
Readings are taken quickly and easily.
What more would you want?
Recommended.

H & L Russel Ltd Chopping Board, FSC Beech Wood 40 x 30 x 1.5 Centimetres
H & L Russel Ltd Chopping Board, FSC Beech Wood 40 x 30 x 1.5 Centimetres

2.0 out of 5 stars Board that changes shape, 16 Jun 2011
Our old beech chopping board split down one of the glued seams after thirty years of use and we looked for a replacement that would give us comparable service.
Unfortunately this board isn't it.
The surface is a bit on the rough side, but the main issue is that after only a couple of weeks use the board has developed a curve. If it is placed convex side down it wobbles, so effectively it is now a one-side-only board.
We have taken care not to leave the board soaking, but it has been rinsed and sponged down after use and stored in an upright position. That is exactly what we have always done.
Our old board was thicker, so maybe that is the explanation.
Not a quality product.

Ruff-n-Tumble Serve-n-Sling Retractable Ball Thrower
Ruff-n-Tumble Serve-n-Sling Retractable Ball Thrower

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun for dog and owner, 6 Jun 2011
After disappointments with many ball launchers, some that flexed too much, others that broke, at last I have found one that does the job very effectively. It is sturdy and strong, whilst at the same time it can be retracted so that it fits in a rucksack or carrier bag.
The only problem encountered at first was a tendency to fire the balls straight down at the ground a few feet ahead of me. However after some experimentation I discovered the technique that works. With my previous ball launchers I needed to use an overhead launch, rather like the service action in tennis, whereas this one works best if I use it with a sideways swing, more like a ground stroke in tennis. So now I can send a ball whistling off into the distance. My very energetic Border Collie is impressed!
A good product, not cheap but you get what you paid for.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad disappointment, 18 April 2011
Everything went swimmingly for almost 4 months, then the hard drive failed to recognise anything, hence no recording or viewing of existing recordings possible. Rang makers who told me that all I could do was re-format data storage, losing all my recordings in the process. So, if you want to keep any of your recordings this is not the machine for you!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2012 1:59 PM GMT

Humax HD-FOX T2 Freeview HD Set Top Box
Humax HD-FOX T2 Freeview HD Set Top Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad disappointment, 18 April 2011
I was thrilled by the clear recordings and large capacity of this PVR machine. It was very useful to be able to watch one programme and record one or even two others.
I had a quite a few favourite films recorded as well as all 20 episodes of a favourite series and my hard drive was still only about a quarter full. Then out of the blue after three and a half months the data storage failed. I was advised by the makers that all I could do was to re-format and as a consequence I lost all of my recordings.
If you want to keep anything that you have recorded, this is NOT the machine for you !
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2013 4:45 PM BST

Kenwood HM320 3-Speed Hand Mixer - White
Kenwood HM320 3-Speed Hand Mixer - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hand mixer, 19 Mar 2010
Our trusty Kenwood hand-mixer, which came with a turntable and deep glass bowl, gave up the ghost after more than thirty years of service, and this was the nearest thing, though without the bowl. It works well and is very similar in size and concept to the old one, though I will be amazed if this also lasts thirty-odd years, but then what does?
The blades are easy to change, the dough mixers are also useful, everything works. An essential aid for making cakes !

Infiniti Professional 52X CDR Full Face Printable 700Mb 80min Cakebox (50pk)
Infiniti Professional 52X CDR Full Face Printable 700Mb 80min Cakebox (50pk)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not perfect, 8 Oct 2009
I have had no problem burning a school prospectus with lots of large colour photos on these discs, using a Macbook laptop. A couple of discs were ejected by my computer, with a comment that the copies could not be verified, but when I checked them all data seemed to be OK. Otherwise all burning went smoothly.
Printing on a Canon Pixma inkjet printer produced quite a good image, but yellow lettering on a blue background came out a bit fuzzy and green at the edges. When I used TDK discs for the same image these letters were crisp and pure.
These are quite a bit cheaper than TDK-s, so it's your choice!

Page: 1 | 2