Profile for R. Wilkinson > Reviews

Professional SQL Server 2008 Internals and Troubleshooting
by Christian Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Must Have, 13 Mar 2012
Just a great book.
So well written it's as easy to follow and just as enjoyable as reading a childrens bedtime story. The troubleshooting sections give you a great insight on how to go about doing the things you know you need to do when you have a problem but can't quite work out where to start and how best to go about it.

Mueller Hg80 Knee Stabilizer - Black, Medium
Mueller Hg80 Knee Stabilizer - Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Knee Support, 24 Oct 2011
I ruptured a ACL years ago but never opted for surgery, recently though I tore my cartledge in the same knee to the continuing de-generation of my knee. I am now in the process of organising my knee reconstruction so whilst I wait I thought it's time to get a decent knee support to see me though to the op. I did not buy this support as a means to go back to doing everything I could before my injuries to save me having a op.

I first of all opted for the hinged knee brace version of the mueller hg80 but found it very uncomfortable, bulky and restrictive to the point where it actually caused me constant knee pain, so I sent it back and I went for this more simple but effective support instead.

Fitting : First thing to say is that Mueller hg80's are small fitting. I measured for a medium but I have skinny quads and calfs so I was worried it would be too big but it fits snugly without being over restrictive, unlike the hinged version. I think if you have large quads and calfs then a large would be better as a medium would be quite tight in my opinion.

Level of support: Well this is the main reason I bought it so what's it like? First thing that strikes you is the length of it. It covers a large area which certainly helps with stabilisation of my whole joint (guess thats why its called a knee Stabiliser then) because you almost feel like you're wearing a legging not just something to support your knee joint.

The steel springs in the lining offer a great deal of support for the lateral and medial ligaments and this is a very important point, I feel it's often overlooked in the treatment of symptoms caused of a defficient ACL . If you have no ACL and a torn cartledge, which ligaments are taking the strain and over-compensating? Yes, it's these two and they need all the support they can get.

Comfort: For a knee support it is very comfortable. The material it's made of doesn't warm up like neoprene so you can wear it for long periods without overheating, this is especially good when wearing it whilst exercising. It's also discreet, it isnt bulky in the slightest so it fits under normal trousers easily. No one will notice it even when you're sat down.

Don't get me wrong, this support won't replace your lost ACL and/or other ligaments but it does give a great deal of extra support to you knee whilst one of more of your ligaments recovers or settles after an initial or recurring injury. Glad I bought it.

Come to Tea on Planet Zum-Zee
Come to Tea on Planet Zum-Zee
by Tony Mitton

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant childrens book, 21 Jan 2011
An excellent childrens book we read to our 3 year old and will probably be doing so for years. Bright, colourful pictures and a great story made better by the ryhming text, which makes it fun to watch as your child learns to follow the ryhme.

This is one of the books that we intend to have as a keepsake when our child grows up to remind us of the fun we had reading our once little boy about the time we went to an alien party on planet zum zee.

Just a great book.

Laser 1314 Brake Caliper Piston Re-wind Tool Set
Laser 1314 Brake Caliper Piston Re-wind Tool Set

5.0 out of 5 stars don't struggle, just buy this, 19 Sep 2010
if you have a VAG group car, don't struggle with you rear pads just buy one of these. Very easy to use provided you read the instructions, unlike some who have reviewed this.

Etnies Toddler Callicut Black/White/Pink 4401000009888 8.5 Child UK
Etnies Toddler Callicut Black/White/Pink 4401000009888 8.5 Child UK
Offered by Surfari

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes for toddlers, 27 Nov 2008
We've bought a couple of pairs of Etnies Callicut for our 21 month old boy now in 4.5 and 5.5

They are a very good quality and durable shoe. The soles are very good and our son finds them very comfortable, they have had no detrimental effect on the development of his feet. The velcro fastener is much better than his other Clarks shoes, plus they look better and are cheaper. I would definately recommend these shoes.

Sony DAV-DZ260 - 5.1 ch - DVD Home Cinema System - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars No brainer, 25 Nov 2008
What can I say about this product that hasn't been said already, it is fantastic given that it is not the most expensive of home cinema systems around.

The sound is awesome, especially the sub-woofer. The HD upscaling DVD is quality and you can hook up your MP3 player and play that through it (I can verify that the Sony Walkman NWZ-S618F works with it).

Give your TV and DVD's a new lease of life with this beast, you will not regret it.

Wired-up HDMI Pro Gold, HDMI TO HDMI Cable With Ethernet
Wired-up HDMI Pro Gold, HDMI TO HDMI Cable With Ethernet
Offered by Hostey

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the price, 25 Nov 2008
Please don't be put off by the low price of these HDMI cables. I ordered 2 of these to use with a Sony Bravia and Home Cinema System and they work perfectly. You can buy HDMI cables that cost nearly 10 times this and come in fancy moulded plastic case but don't bother wasting your money, just get these instead.