Profile for Clare Leonard > Reviews

Content by Clare Leonard

Clare Leonard "maryclare" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Love in a Cold Climate - The Complete Series [DVD] [1980]
Love in a Cold Climate - The Complete Series [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A British family., 2 Oct 2013
A bit antiquated and not successfuly so. Lovely countryside and another view on English life. Sometimes hard to work out who was who....

Berkeley Square [DVD]
Berkeley Square [DVD]
Dvd ~ Victoria Smurfit
Price: 13.07

4.0 out of 5 stars The three nannies, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Berkeley Square [DVD] (DVD)
Very enjoyable, with personalities differing and a viewpoint on a job that no longer exists in this way any more. Good story.

Fortunes Of War (Three Discs) [DVD] [1987]
Fortunes Of War (Three Discs) [DVD] [1987]
Dvd ~ Emma Thompson
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, 29 Aug 2013
First saw this series the 1980ss, but enjoyed it just as much this time around. Subtle and humorous.
Recommend it.

Ravel Ravel ladies Large Case Fashion Watch on PU Strap women's quartz Watch with white Dial analogue Display and red plastic Strap R0105.10.2
Offered by QBD Watches
Price: 5.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for the purpose., 6 Jun 2013
This watchface is fine, clear and easy to read, but the strap - although I like the colour - is not durable. Not sure what fabric it is. However, for the price I imagine I cannot complain - after all the item was cheaper than its delivery!

L'Appartement [DVD]
L'Appartement [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romane Bohringer
Price: 9.15

4.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 9 May 2013
This review is from: L'Appartement [DVD] (DVD)
Enjoyed this dvd with Vincent Cassel - it showed a very European view of life. Anyone who has spent time in France would recognise the atmosphere.

Samsung WB150 Compact Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 18x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Offered by eZee Trade

4.0 out of 5 stars Digital camera, 9 May 2013
The camera is compact and quite easy to use although I still need to study the manual. I bought it to replace a lost item and was able to take it with me and use it on a recent holiday. The controls are a little bit fiddly but the results are ok.

The King And I: 2-disc [Special Edition] [DVD]
The King And I: 2-disc [Special Edition] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Deborah Kerr
Price: 7.40

5.0 out of 5 stars The King and I, 11 Feb 2011
Totally escapist. Enjoyed it thoroughly! Although I know this film well, it was great to see it again. It lived up to the memories.

Notes from an Exhibition
Notes from an Exhibition
by Patrick Gale
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Notes on Notes from an exhbition, 23 Dec 2010
I bought this book to read for my book group and really enjoyed it. In fact, most of us did, there were very few negative remarks. The heroine, a bipolar artist who lives in Cornwall, touched several strands that we could sympathise with. The book was very human. Instead of chapters, it was divided up by descriptions of pictures that Rachel had painted and the lives of her children provided different episodes in Rachel's life. A very satisfying read and one I will go back to.

Penny Plain - Brown 14short Beba Skirt
Penny Plain - Brown 14short Beba Skirt

3.0 out of 5 stars Beba Skirt, 22 Sep 2010
This review is from: Penny Plain - Beba Skirt (Apparel)
Bought this as a present, and it has been well received although I have yet to see my sister-in-law wear it! She tells me she likes it and that the material is excellent.

Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books
Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books
by Azar Nafisi

4.0 out of 5 stars Reading Lolita in Tehran, 15 April 2010
I enjoyed this book, which I ordered for a reading group. Nonfiction,and contemporary, it discussed issues relating to women in particular, just 30 years ago when the regime in Tehran changed to the rule of the Ayatollah. The style of the book is not rigid, and the author tends to "come and go" a lot, but this can contribute to the atmosphere. It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle. I would recommend it, and especially recommend buying it from Amazon Marketplace where it cost me 1p plus postage and arrived within 48 hours!

Page: 1 | 2