Profile for J. Furlong > Reviews

J. Furlong

Citadels Card Game
Citadels Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most played games in our house, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Citadels Card Game (Toy)
I bought this game after my sister showed it to me six years ago. I took to it right away and our family, as they grew up and were introduced to it learned to love it as well. In its basic form the game is exceptionally well balanced and there isn't one dominant strategy that will allow you to win. This is because the interaction between the players is critical during the phase in which you select your role for the turn. The expansion cards are good, but I recommend that you only use one role expansion card at a time; otherwise the game becomes unbalanced.

Not only is the game play excellent, but the theme fits well and the art, while quirky, really appeals to me.

Overall an exceptional game and one that we will continue to play for many years, in fact we've played it so much we will soon need to purchase another copy as it is almost worn out.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels like Homemade card, 6 Mar 2010
With some decent paper and a fresh printer cartridge I could have printed out this card myself. The football player pin that comes with it is a generic football player - it doesn't have anything Aston Villa on it.