Profile for Ms. Sj Noble > Reviews

Content by Ms. Sj Noble

Ms. Sj Noble (Belfast, Northren Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dempsey Designs Minicraft 25cm Panda Kit Height
Dempsey Designs Minicraft 25cm Panda Kit Height
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 9 Oct 2013
I wanted to make a panda toy that was something more old fashioned than the stuff out now. And I also enjoy doing crafts as I was going to customize the panda afterwards by adding a tutu and a glitter bow, so it would be an old fashioned pandas with a modern twist.

Positives:
1. The fur was reasonable enough.
2. There are eyes and nose in kit.

Negatives:
1. The instructions weren't that clear.
2. You don't get the bamboo as in the picture.
3. It doesn't turn out like the picture.
4. You don't get any needles with it.

Personal Issues with kit:
When I was making it I found it extremely difficult to do the arms.
Once I had stitched it up according to the instructions and there was a huge gap left at the front, my dad who's a retired fabrication engineer and who knows about putting things together checked over it and the instructions and he cant understand where the gap has came from.
I would have preferred it if there was some picture instructions as well.

Over all the item has left me confused, and I'm slightly disappointed by the over all result.

Flensted Mobiles (Flynn Hempstead Mobile) Flynn Homestead Mobile Moomin Mobile FSM-13-117 (japan import)
Offered by Planet Japan1
Price: 41.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 27 Sep 2013
As a huge Moomin fan I thought this would be fantastic to buy. But as it turns out but does not instruct any where that the actual characters are only made from cardboard! I was expecting them to be made out of metal at that price! I got a refund!

Flensted Mobiles Moomin Mobile

Moomin mobile
Offered by FUTURACOMMERCE SRL
Price: 25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Moomin mobile

Moomin - Pillowcase -Hearts- pink, 55x65 cm (Finlayson)
Moomin - Pillowcase -Hearts- pink, 55x65 cm (Finlayson)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy., 13 Jun 2013
Purchased this pillow case after buying one of the same shape and make cheap on ebay second hand.

This Moomin pillowcase is worth the money as the cotton is lovely quality and very soft.
The print quality is also fantastic it's ingrained into the fabric and not some rubbery plastic design like some cotton tshirts are printed up.
It also washes well.
And it arrived quickly and was well protected and packaged.
Its a must have for any Moomin fan.
And I will be buying more of these covers in the future!

Do be aware that this pillow case and any pillowcases made by Finlayson is of European sizing which means that the pillowcase is more square than rectangular and may not fit your pillow on your bed and such.

I found this out from buying the previous one on ebay and realized when I took it out of the envelope that it was not typical British pillow sizing.

How ever Ikea do sell a filler pillow in that size for about 6 that's where I got the filler pillow and it fits fine with the Moomin pillow case.

The Dangerous Journey (Moomin Valley Trilogy)
The Dangerous Journey (Moomin Valley Trilogy)
by Tove Jansson
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read!, 10 Feb 2013
The Dangerous Journey (Original Swedish title Den farliga resan) is a children's picture book in the Moomin series by Tove Jansson. It was published in 1977.

It follows the nightmarish adventures of Susanna, the Hemulen, Sniff, Sorry-Ooo and Thingummy & Bob through Moomin Valley. However with every original Moomin book adults too can enjoy them! I'm 23 and I've read many of the Moomin books in book, and comic form and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Its a must have for any Tove or Moomin fan!

Although this version is a modern reprint etc it still had the original artwork by Tove herself. And it has a lovley photo of Tove at the back inside the book.

The book inside is colorful, bright and pleasant to look at, and although only about 26 pages long it's well worth it. It is also a hard back.

Amazon is also selling it at the cheapest (I have compared prices with all book stores in my city along with Ebay and Amazon) Waterstones (my nearest bookstore) is charging the RRP which is 9.99.
So if your a Moomin or a Tove fan order it!

Make The Yuletide Gay [DVD] [2009]
Make The Yuletide Gay [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Keith Jordan
Offered by Gayfilmlover
Price: 4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, 14 Mar 2011
it's funny and romantic. gunn's dad always seems to be doped up, his mum seems to be in her own happy smiley world, and on top of that a little bit simple/dim...but they're much more ''with it'' than expected. Nathan and Gunn are not an overly camp couple, nor is the movie plastered with loads of sex scenes, also it being a christmas themed movie it is surprisingly not cheesy. It's a well balanced movie with enough of the right things. I love gay movies and many I saw saw are too full of sex (or not enough), not enough kissing, too cheesy, poor storyline, too much muscle, sometimes the characters can be embarrassingly camp. However this movie is great, and it's great to see a gay movie with the right balance. It's a movie that I'd watch again.

Kinky Boots [DVD] (2005)
Kinky Boots [DVD] (2005)
Dvd ~ Joel Edgerton
Offered by streetsahead
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Kinky Boots [DVD] (2005) (DVD)
this filim I first watched with my partner in his house and I laughed all the way through it, it's smart and fab. There is no sex, no bloody voilence, hardly any swearing, no drugs, no sicking sweet sticky sweet girly romances, nor is it a all tough man gritty. It is a filim that's heartwarming and is proof that good filims still exist in this world!

Moomins - 6.5 Inch Little My Soft Toy - 20053
Moomins - 6.5 Inch Little My Soft Toy - 20053
Offered by Kapow Gifts
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars not good but not bad, 3 Feb 2011
Apart from no Finnish or Trove Jansson acknolagements. This Little My's hair is too short and shaped wrong. and the clothing would have looked better made from polycotton. But at least the nose looks better on her than Snufkin.

Moomins - 6.5 Inch Snufkin Soft Toy - 20054
Moomins - 6.5 Inch Snufkin Soft Toy - 20054
Offered by Kapow Gifts
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars not great, 3 Feb 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Apart from no Finnish or Trove Jansson acknolagements I find this version of Snufkin a little frightining the hat is too small on proportion and his hair is too short and styled wrong...and the nose also seems a little odd. and I'm not overly fussed on the clothing fabric...using polycotton would have been more realistic.
But it's the best for the open British market that I can find on amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5