Profile for Mrs. S. Le Masurier > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Le Mas...

Mrs. S. Le Masurier (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Brave Intuitive Painting - Let Go, Be Bold, Unfold: Techniques for Uncovering Your Own Unique Painting Style
by Flora S. Bowley

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 2 May 2015
very basic

Printmaking Off the Beaten Track
Printmaking Off the Beaten Track
by Richard Noyce

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 May 2015
good selection of modern printmakers

Brave Intuitive Painting: A Journal For Living Creatively
Brave Intuitive Painting: A Journal For Living Creatively
by Flora S. Bowley
Edition: Diary

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 2 May 2015
I found this book self-indulgent and not worth buying

Andrew James Food Mixer Cookbook by Norma Miller
Andrew James Food Mixer Cookbook by Norma Miller
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars ... mixer cookbook but a mixer book of recipes for sweet things only - which is NOT what I wanted, 11 Feb. 2015
It is not a food mixer cookbook but a mixer book of recipes for sweet things only - which is NOT what I wanted. Boring to look at too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2015 3:53 PM GMT

The Skinny Nutribullet Soup Recipe Book: Delicious, Quick & Easy, Single Serving Soups & Pasta Sauces for Your Nutribullet. All Under 100, 200, 300 &
by Cooknation

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because of all the reviews but there ..., 6 Feb. 2015
I bought this because of all the reviews but there is nothing in it really that isn't already in my soups cookery books, just the basic simple soups.

Nutribullet with Bonus Nutriblast Supergreens
Nutribullet with Bonus Nutriblast Supergreens
Offered by High Street TV

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it really much more than a blender?, 2 Feb. 2015
Well. it arrived a couple of days ago and the instruction booklet almost made me want to return it as there seemed so many warnings about what to read first and what not to do. However today I finally plucked up courage to use it. I filled the large cup half with baby spinach leaves, added a roughly chopped apple (without the pips as they keep warning in the booklet that those must not be eaten as they release cyanide - though my ex and current husband always eat all of an apple except the stalk and they are both fine!) I added a banana which they suggest adds creaminess. They say to add as many fruits as possible, but one apple and one chopped banana on top of the spinach leaves filled the cup to the maximum line which must not be exceeded. I then added water to the line as instructed, screwed the blades onto the cup as tightly as they would go, fitted those onto the bullet and plugged in. With trepidation I pressed down gently and the cup whirred at speed, splashing green liquid out as it did so. I didn't know how to stop it so switched off at the plug which did the trick. I went back and repeated checking the blades were screwed on thoroughly, this time no leakage. After about 20 seconds the mix looked like green vomit but there were few bits left in it. I was impressed and although I dislike some green foods I prepared to try the drink so poured it into a cup. I was thinking my husband might also try it as he has serious health problems and needs extra nutrition due to having a limited diet but luckily he left the room at that moment - perhaps he knew what was coming? I tried the 'smoothie' drink and it was completely disgusting!

I was impressed by the quietness of the bullet and also it's speed so decided to give a banana milk shake a go - the instruction booklet says nothing about being able to use the machine for things other than 'healthy smoothies' but I reckoned it shouldn't do harm - it didn't and within 20 seconds I had a nice enough milk shake.

Okay so it works. Now I need to find whether I can make smoothies that are at least tolerable to drink - it seems to me that half a cup of leaves which they suggest is unlikely to ever make a pleasant drink but will persevere. Meanwhile I have a machine which does little more than our existing blender (which would also blend greens, banana and apple at speed) but cost three times as much. Try it if you like but be prepared for however you find it.

CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker - Grey
CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker - Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
couldn't use as it doesn't work with one of our phones which has large numbers
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 5:36 PM GMT

Mountain Warehouse Storm Womens 3 in 1 Waterproof Jacket Pink 22
Mountain Warehouse Storm Womens 3 in 1 Waterproof Jacket Pink 22
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 30 Jan. 2015
The outer jacket is bulky in material but fits well, the fleece is ok but not windproof, good colour

Nelsons Clikpak Rhus Tox 30c
Nelsons Clikpak Rhus Tox 30c

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
the one thing which helps when I get muscle spasms with fibromyalgia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8