Profile for U. Nilsson > Reviews

Content by U. Nilsson

U. Nilsson (Aurora, OH USA)

Avril Lavigne
Avril Lavigne
Offered by Side Two
Price: 6.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Variation is on the menue, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Avril Lavigne (Audio CD)
All is Avril, no doubt but some songs give at least me som distinct associations. This is how I would describe it. Rock n' Roll, Bad Girl and the melodic ballad Give You What You Like sounds distinctly Avril. Let Me Go sounds Nickelback, obvioulsy. Then there is 17, very Kathy Perry to me (I'm just saying), Bitchin' Summer and You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet are countrylike a bit "T Swiftish". Some dance stuff in the middle and then there are som nice ballads again at the end like Falling Fast and Hush Hush.

Moon Machines [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Moon Machines [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Robert Seamans
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 8.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect compilation, 7 Dec 2013
This is a great compilation of the main components of the Apollo program. I am sort of a fanatic and nothing beats the beats the extensive box sets from Spacecraft films but if you are looking for a summary I would recommend this one. It will provide lots of insight, separate chapters about the rocket, command modelu, computer etc. and I especially appreciated the comments from the people involved and the amazing film sequences. Thumbs up.

I'd Rather Sleep Alone
I'd Rather Sleep Alone

5.0 out of 5 stars The voice I can't get enough of, 12 July 2012
This review is from: I'd Rather Sleep Alone (Audio CD)
This single contains two alternative acoustic versions of two songs (along with the original takes) which both add to the much too short list of recorded songs with Berenice. If you want all there is this CD Single is a must. I just can't understand that there wasn't a follow up to her album Imperfect Girl. Her voice stands out and it must have been bad marketing if it didn't sell. Being brilliant unfortunately isn't enough. You will still drown in the flow of mediocracy if people don't find you. This is so much better than most.

Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by TomTom - Anthracite/Blue Glow
Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by TomTom - Anthracite/Blue Glow
Price: 116.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Full control, 28 Jun 2012
I have owned my Nike+ GPS for about six months by now. I am very satisfied. I use it with a pulse band and a shoe chip to get all possible data. The Nike+ site has been undergoing some updating lately and has been sometimes slow and that is my only concern really. When the run has been uploaded I get a map (or even a satellite picture of the area) of the course I ran, with altitude, heart rate, tempo and km marks. With a cursor I can check my data anywhere around the track and the course profile is grafically outlined. I get average tempo, heart for every km, etc. In other words I can analyse my training to death. As I happen to enjoy that I also enjoy my Nike+GPS. I get motivated by watching my statistics. Out on the course itself I don't pay any attention to the display. Needing reading glasses I can only see well the main info in big digits, you can chose between time, tempo, distance etc. there is also some info in small digits which obviously I can't see clearly. But that doesn't matter for me.
One thing is once you set the watch for running it will take maybe 1-3 min before it picks up the GPS signal. I typically switch it on when stepping out the door or out of my car and once I have walked over to the track it typically is ready. You can chose "quickstart" and then it uses the shoe chip for the first couple of minutes until it has picked up the GPS signal. I guess you the lose some info (such as the graphic display of the altitude and exact course on the map etc.) if you use that option but it is possible if you are stressed out by having to wait. All in all, I love this gadget it motivates me. It's worth every penny. But that's me.

The Virgin Suicides (OST)
The Virgin Suicides (OST)
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Mood moderator, 7 Jun 2012
I bought this album right after watching the movie. It creates a certain atmosphere and is definitely as far as you can get from a hit parade. Almost entirely instrumental and almost meditative. I have mostly listened to it as I wake up in the morning 20-30 minutes of lazy listening in the twilight zone as I regain consciousness. Very enjoyable time of my day. Like it.

Goodbye Lullaby
Goodbye Lullaby
Offered by Amore DVD
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Is that it?, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Goodbye Lullaby (Audio CD)
I looked forward to this album. Pre-ordered it for sure. It's been almost a year and it's time enough to tell what happened. While I still listen to her first three albums over and over, some songs hundreds of times, this album never really caught me. It is mainstream, uninspired stuff that doesn't stand out. There are no songs that make me want to chose them over other, better songs by Avril or somebody else. It may be that she wants to move on to something else. It's just that I like what she did so much more than what she does. Let me put it this way, if I lost my copy I wouldn't bother to buy another one, if I lost one of her first three albums I would order a second one within the hour. Okay, I was looking for songs like "One of those girls", "Forgotten", or "Nobody's home" with lyrics that made me feel something and music that stuck. I didn't find them, maybe you will. I'm sure there's an audience I'm just not sure it's the same it used to be. Do yourself a favour and listen to the tracks before investing, unless you are die hard and want everything by Avril (I can relate to that) regardless...

SD Slot Card Reader/MP3 Player in Black
SD Slot Card Reader/MP3 Player in Black
Offered by acetoys
Price: 3.55

4.0 out of 5 stars tiny mp3 with excellent sound, 17 July 2011
I bought my device a couple of weeks ago, I also own Iphone and Sandisk Sansa mp3 and some other mp3 players. The reason was I wanted a small device for running. The sound is very good. It uses a micro SD card for memory which means I can swap music selection instantly and that memory space can be upgraded and is very inexpensive, in fact by carrying extra cards it is limitless. Iphone should have this feature (Sansa has this as expansion slot). It starts up instantly. The drawbacks are: it always begins playing from song one and you have to step to the song you would like to continue from. There is no display of any kind. There are no settings of any kind except volume and key lock, but personally I really don't miss anything except perhaps random play. I bought two just to have a spare in case the power would run out while running but it seems to last very well. I haven't measured but it's a question of a good number of hours of play.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 10:32 AM BST