Profile for Christine > Reviews

Content by Christine

Christine (Reading, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Theater Games For The Classroom-A Teacher's Handbook
Theater Games For The Classroom-A Teacher's Handbook
by Viola Spolin
Edition: CD-ROM
Price: 39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive for what it is., 17 Aug 2014
While this gives a good idea of how to play some of the games and exercises in Spolin's book (which is excellent in my opinion), it is not really comprehensive or in depth. If it was about a tenner, fine. But it is too expensive for what it is and does. Buy the Spolin books. They are outstanding and explore the exercises with your learners.

The road and the star
The road and the star
by Berkely Mather

5.0 out of 5 stars Dated but still a good read., 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: The road and the star (Hardcover)
A bit old fashioned and male character dominated but a highly atmospheric and enjoyable read. I read it once from the library about 35 years ago and I enjoyed rereading it.

Bow Bow
Bow Bow
Offered by slcmusic
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny at his best, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bow Bow (Audio CD)
As ever Johnny brings back to life themes and characters from his previous records. However he appears to have an edge to the music that has been missing for a while. Not that I am being over critical of his later output, but this was a massive move in the right direction. The title track stands in direct comparison with anything he has previously produced including such greats as Superman Lover. A must for all die hard Johnny fans and an album that emphasizes what we have missed with his early demise. Buy it now!

The Acting Book (Nick Hern Books)
The Acting Book (Nick Hern Books)
by John Abbott
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 15 Sep 2013
I think if you're a teacher of acting you will find this book a really useful resource. Highly recommended. Loads of great excercises to use with groups, probably from about 14 yrs up. His other books about improvisation and impro in rehearsal are also good.

Death Masks (The Dresden Files Book 5)
Death Masks (The Dresden Files Book 5)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to his usual standard, 15 Sep 2013
All the usual ingredients of a Dresden book combining in an inventive and enjoyable take on the daftness of the underlying premise of the whole series. I find them really enjoyable. I would recommend reading them in order, although it is possible to read them out of sequence. I am looking forward to number 8.

My Criminal World
My Criminal World
by Henry Sutton
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Criminal World (Paperback)
Interesting read. I enjoyed it and it made me laugh at times. I quite enjoyed it, a very intelligent read.

Miss Julia to the Rescue
Miss Julia to the Rescue
by Ann B. Ross
Price: 15.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Miss Julia, rather than great., 1 Sep 2013
If you like Miss J, then you will like this, although its not one of the best. If you are new to Miss J, you are in for a treat (I think), but start at number one, then read in order!

Bohn Ladies Boy Leg Swim Shorts - Blue and Black (UK 14, Black)
Bohn Ladies Boy Leg Swim Shorts - Blue and Black (UK 14, Black)
Offered by UK Swim Store Ltd
Price: 23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, 1 Sep 2013
Great coverage and material not bulky, so you can wrinkle them up to expose a bit more flesh if you want to. They do ride up a bit, but I did not find this too much of an issue. I did not find them uncomfortable or intrusive either. I will be getting another pair and I will be trying the skirt from the same company, too.

Made in France: Blackwork of Sonia Lucano on 02 August 2010
Made in France: Blackwork of Sonia Lucano on 02 August 2010
by Sonia Lucano

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and stunning blackwork designs, 1 Sep 2013
This book is full of unusual and interesting designs. It's great for samplers and borders and so on. Easy to follow patterns. I like this book a lot. It is quite expensive though, and quite a big chunk of the book is taken up with arty photography of the projects, which I don't find very inspiring. Some of the patterns are unusual and inventive, and there a re quite a few-enough to keep anyone busy.

Factory Masters
Factory Masters

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Steve, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Factory Masters (Audio CD)
Bloody brilliant. Steve Martland is a fantastic composer, classical, but still accessible. This is also a good way to buy the music, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4