Profile for HumanHarry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
SLX - 27895K - AERIAL OUTDOOR DIGIDOME with Safety Guide
SLX - 27895K - AERIAL OUTDOOR DIGIDOME with Safety Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Small is beautiful......., 5 Feb 2014
During Christmas 2013 we had the most awful winds on the SE coast and my powerful TV antenna with its mast of 2m and all its fins that acted like a galleons sails started to cause problems with the bolts holding the bracket to the chimney, the bolts worked loose with the constant vibration and the bracket started to swing with the wind. Due to the antennas size I feared for my roof and that of my neighbour. So I started to search for a compact, wind friendly solution.
After reading others reviews on how brilliant this Digidome is I placed my order. Well thinking that height probably still matters I bought a piece of 2m long, 55mm PVC waste pipe to make a mast for the Digidome put a blanking plate and F-connector socket in the base and mounted it in the existing chimney bracket with new rawlbolts. I ran the wires on the inside of the pipe to yet again reduce wind resistance. Well the Digidome is about 200mm in diameter and the shape of mushroom....the neighbours have nicknamed it my flag pole.....but I call it just fantastic because regardless what direction I turn it in I get 100% signal strength on all English TV channels and 1080i or 1080p HD depending on channel and occasionally Dolby Digital 5.1 depending on the transmission. Much more though I decided to try to optimise the direction by a little rotation of the Dome and discovered many extra channels once I retuned my receiver and now I have all the French HD channels with Dolby Digital sound as well since I'm only 30 miles from France across the water. I only get max 68% signal strength on the French Channels but perfect picture and sound by just tweaking the rotation of the Digidome small amounts until I received zero bit rate errors....viewed on the receivers transmission detail screen....I think most TVs and Receivers have this function. Well there you go I couldn't be more happy and am about to remove the second ugly metal antenna from my roof in favour of a sleek second Digidome. Happy days!

Luxury Thermostatic Douche Bidet Shattaf Valve Wash Kit Chrome/Brass
Luxury Thermostatic Douche Bidet Shattaf Valve Wash Kit Chrome/Brass
Offered by Trade In Post Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, well made, solid, beautiful and effective!, 21 Nov 2013
This is a really well made, compact and good looking piece of kit. It looks great installed next to the toilet. I have it connected to a combination boiler with good water pressure creating an effective douche. The jet pressure and temperature adjust smoothly between extremes. A great addition to my bathroom, very pleased!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value flexi grip pod...., 21 Mar 2013
This little flexi grip tripod is the best value for money and the most flexible piece of kit I've bought this year. The quick release foot stays on my compact camera all the time....the camera is very compact so I attach the tripod immediately I'm using it because it acts like a pistol grip in the hand, making it easier to handle without dropping it and when I need that extra stability it can be utilised in so many ways. I'm really impressed by the quick release foot....it's small and secure and the legs on this flexi grip pod are more flexible, grippy and adaptable than two other models I've owned. I'm very happy with this flexi grip pod.....

Acctim Galaxias Radio Controlled Jumbo LCD Display Wall Clock
Acctim Galaxias Radio Controlled Jumbo LCD Display Wall Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars So clear....., 21 Mar 2013
It really is so clear to read and the outer frame is clear with a silver grey inner frame so it fits into any colour scheme....mine is in the main living room. I had already purchased an Acctim Stratus which also illuminates at night and can stand on a desk. The Galaxias doesn't light up and is a wall clock but it's figures are larger than the Stratus and more easily fits into a number of home environments as it's a little softer on the eye. I love them both....

'Stratus' Wall Clock
'Stratus' Wall Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read even at night....., 21 Mar 2013
This clock does just what I wanted it to...it's silent unlike electro mechanical clocks, it's always accurate because of the radio time signal, it lights up automatically in the night so you can see it when you're off to the bathroom during the night and of course it tells you the day, date, moon phase and the temperature in your house.
I replaced my clocks with Acctim models because I wanted silence when meditating, no unwanted ticks in the background, all the information you want delivered silently.
I also have an Acctim Galaxius which is a little more stylish for the living room and the figures are just a little larger but it doesn't illuminate at night like the Stratus but I love them both.

To Dust
To Dust

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul, jazz, funk...rich vocals, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: To Dust (Audio CD)
I bought this album because Alice Russell appeared on Jamie Cullum's Jazz Radio Program...I'm so pleased to be introduced to her wonderful, rich and supple voice.....I intend to investigate more of her work, inspired by this album.
I'm no music critic....this album held my attention though from beginning to end, each track shows variation in rhythm and style....there's no room for boredom. I started out this review with four stars but as I really look, it's got to be five star...I loved it.
So you can assess my taste...I listen to: Nina Simone, Etta James, Amy Winehouse, Michael Buble, Madelaine Peyroux, Adele and so many more.

The Very Best Of Nina Simone
The Very Best Of Nina Simone
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the best...., 21 Mar 2013
I have played this wonderful album to young friends who of course identify the tracks they have heard on TV adverts....it's a very feel good factor album...love it.

First4spares Hard Floor Brush For Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaners
First4spares Hard Floor Brush For Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by L.M Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Floor Hard Working Brush..., 21 Mar 2013
I bought this head to solve a problem in our shop/restaurant environment....we kept wearing out Henry heads on our stone clad floor...they would encounter olive oil, bread crumbs and pastry which would eventually block the head and if metal parts were in contact with the floor scrape the surface and wear away the head.
Finally success....this Qualtex Hard Floor Brush Head has been fantastic....it dislodges crumbs stuck to the floor and doesn't get jammed up with bits in the brushes. For us this brush head has been a wonderful tool that saves time at the end of a hard day and does a better job than all the other heads we've tried. I waited for several weeks before reviewing this product because I wanted to assess its ability to cope with heavy handed treatment from some of the staff...several weeks later and it still works like new....it also works well on our non slip matts. I highly recommend this product.

Calorie Counter (Collins Gem)
Calorie Counter (Collins Gem)

2.0 out of 5 stars Calorie tables not scalable on screen....too small to read, 1 Feb 2013
Shame that this hasn't been written for electronic systems....the tables appear to have been copied and therefore are not searchable or scalable....shame.....all the information is there if you could read it!

iPazzPortTM ProMini Bluetooth Mini Wireless Keyboard, Backlit with Multi-Touchpad / Laser Pointer for Google Nexus 7 / Google Android TV / iPhone 4 4S 3GS 3G / Samsung Galaxy S S2 S3 / HTPC / PC / Iphone / Android 3.0 Tablet / Mac OS KP-810-10BTT
Offered by MINI-Remote

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Android compatability for Samsung Galaxy S2........, 15 Dec 2012
Bit of a shock when I first paired my Samsung Galaxy S2 with this keyboard because I use both French and English on my phone the keyboard went AZERTY layout by default forced by the phone...not a keyboard problem but a simple keyboard configuration setting on the phone once I figured it out.
Well I wanted a keyboard to make email on the move an easier option than the touch screen keyboard that has never been a complete winner for me, and now I have all the functionality and more of my Samsung Netbook (which I enjoy a lot for its carry ability) by pairing my Samsung S2 phone with the Anker keyboard...but more (all now in my pocket). All the Media keys work beautifully with my Audio app Powermate and then you can even use the keyboard as a remote for the camera...how good is that. Also tried this out with the Samsung Galaxy S3..better again because of the better screen (clearer mouse pointer).....the only thing that prevented a 5* was that I couldn't get the touchpad to work on an iPhone4. Definately 5* for Android compatability...enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2