Profile for grant mcnicol > Reviews

Content by grant mcnicol

grant mcnicol (scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Ep.#7 - "The Expanse" (The Frontiers Saga)
Ep.#7 - "The Expanse" (The Frontiers Saga)
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT READ, 7 Sep 2014
I have been reading a lot of sci fi fantasy lately,and so it has been a pleasant change to get back to the space opera genre.Ryk Brown is a master at this style of writing .It was good to rediscover all the familiar characters with their engaging personalities and also the punchy-gung-ho dialogue and storyline.Now onto book 8.

Homescapes Faux Suede Arm Chair Booster Cushion, Grey, with Supportive Filling, 10cm Lift for Easy Sitting, Good during Pregnancy, Post Operation or Natal Comfort.
Offered by HOMESCAPES
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Sep 2014
I have a good quality 3pc suite ,but at the moment i have been concentrating on my sofa as the cushions were sagging a bit and i didn't want the springs affected.I had come across the idea of cushion boosters;i had tried a few different types,but something was lacking,until i found this one. This product is as advertised:with a full 4" support and extremely comfortable,in effect i have been given a brand new sofa.

Avenger: The Sanctuary Series, Volume Two
Avenger: The Sanctuary Series, Volume Two
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 2 Sep 2014
This is turning into an entertaining series.All the familiar fantasy characters are here; from elfs,dwarfs,trolls etc.Resulting in a gung-ho sci-fi adventure.There are plenty twists and turns with deceits and double dealings abound,and of course the never ending love story simmering under the surface.Looking forward to the next book.

Merillian (Locus Origin Book 2)
Merillian (Locus Origin Book 2)
Price: 4.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 24 Aug 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book;I don't think STAR WARS at it's most inventive could come up with anything near the imaginative writing of this author.The characters are vividly portrayed and believable.I have read a lot of RYK BROWN and RANDOLPH LALONDE,but none compare to this writer.I have researched the internet but can't find anything about MATARI.I think the price of the last two books is putting people off.If you have an AMAZON account and have PRIME,then you can borrow one book per month for FOR FREE.

Voidhawk - The Elder Race
Voidhawk - The Elder Race
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars All over the place, 13 Aug 2014
A RIPPING good yarn.A bit of a French farce at times ,but it always comes together.The crew are a collection of grateful misfits and the oppressed,resulting in them being fiercely loyal to DEXTER our derring do captain.The end is a bit of a cliff hanger and the epilogue is full of surprises.Once again JASON HALSTEAD has come up with the goods.

Design-Go Medi Store -
Design-Go Medi Store -
Offered by New Health Care
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars well designed, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Design-Go Medi Store - (Apparel)
I'm very pleased with this medi-store,it gives me 8 days worth of medicine in case I'm stuck somewhere.Since the pill compartments are plastic,what i do is stuff soft toilet paper inside,and with the secure fastening this insures there is no noise.As I have a small mobile phone in my pocket there is no noise there either,as the pouch is made of fabric .EXCELLENT!!!!!

Defender: The Sanctuary Series, Volume One
Defender: The Sanctuary Series, Volume One
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 4 Aug 2014
This is another good series from Robert J Crane.Plenty of action here with every kind of creature you would expect from a fantasy novel.As you would expect from CRANE there is always a big romance bubbling below the surface,and together with a lot of dead pan humour,this book provides an enjoyable sci-fi romp.

Black Hull (The Complete Novel)
Black Hull (The Complete Novel)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A crazy funny hard sci-fi bullet, 30 July 2014
A mixture of quantum and relative physics with virtual reality beyond imagination.This book is something different.I have now discovered another good writer.

Omega: The Girl in the Box, Book 5
Omega: The Girl in the Box, Book 5
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars too girly, 28 July 2014
I have been enjoying this series of books,until now.At the start of the series I was intrigued by how this male author could get inside the female psych.It wasn't until I read the acknowledgements that I realized he had a raft of female advisors giving him all kinds of advice, of the hormonal state of any female, from one day to the next.I thought it was a bit sneaky.I have given him three stars as I think he is a good sci fi writer,as shown by the meta encounters.But no more GIRL IN THE BOX for me.

Voidhawk
Voidhawk
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars a funny fantasy romp, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Voidhawk (Kindle Edition)
A good storyline with believable characters.Our hero is DEXTER a Derring do and a complete chancer.There is plenty of magic and sex abound.There are serious episodes, but it is really an adventure story.The thing about sci-fi is that anything goes,it's really up to the reader to decide if it hits the spot.I liked this book I found it a compelling enjoyable read.The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because it was needing a good proof reader,but that's a technicality.So much so I have bought the next three books in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13