Profile for Alipali61 > Reviews

Madonna Truth Dare Naked Eau de Parfum Spray for Her 75 ml
Madonna Truth Dare Naked Eau de Parfum Spray for Her 75 ml
Offered by Scent Warehouse

2.0 out of 5 stars A rash decision......., 16 Feb. 2015
Nice smell but unfortunately it caused an itchy rash behind my ears. I've thrown it away.

Stepbrother Dearest
Stepbrother Dearest

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid I didn't like this book, 27 Oct. 2014
I'm afraid I didn't like this book, especially after reading so many good reviews about it. I thought that the characters were quite well drawn and believable but I considered the dialogue to be clichéd and predictable. I also thought that the 'book' the male character had written was infantile (maybe on purpose to demonstrate his youth) but I thought that it also didn't add to the story as a whole. To give some credit to the author, the book was a page-turner but I felt it lacked literary quality which is a shame as I was looking forward to reading it when it arrived.

4 x Strong Black 50 Metres Polyester Sewing Machine Thread
4 x Strong Black 50 Metres Polyester Sewing Machine Thread

4.0 out of 5 stars It did not break at all so I am very pleased with it, 29 Sept. 2014
I used this thread to gather metres of long satin material for a stage show. It did not break at all so I am very pleased with it.

Rattan Sofa Cover (2 Seater Sofa Cover)
Rattan Sofa Cover (2 Seater Sofa Cover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rattan sofa cushion, 29 Sept. 2014
Lets in water so the cushions are wet after a downpour but keeps the sofa reasonably clear of animal paw prints and wet leaves.

Chrome Plated Brass House Door Numeric Number & Letter Digits Plate Plates Plaque Sign - 4
Offered by OgbDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Am pleased with it, 29 Sept. 2014
Looks very elegant on my new solid wood front door. Am pleased with it.

Chrome Plated Brass House Door Numeric Number & Letter Digits Plate Plates Plaque Sign - 2
Offered by OgbDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Am pleased with it, 29 Sept. 2014
Looks very elegant on my new solid wood front door. Am pleased with it.

Search Inside Yourself
Search Inside Yourself
by Chade-Meng Tan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Search Inside yourself, 16 May 2014
I ordered the paperback version of the book but was dismayed when it arrived as the size of the font was extremely small. Unfortunately, I am unable to read it so cannot comment on the contents. Sorry.

Gillette Venus and Olay Refill Razor Blades - Pack of 6
Gillette Venus and Olay Refill Razor Blades - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Gillette Venus Razors, 15 April 2014
I've used various brands before but find this one very smooth on my skin, especially underarm which tends to be sensitive to rough treatment. Highly recommended.

Brabantia Metal Soil Spear, 35mm - Black Plastic Cap
Brabantia Metal Soil Spear, 35mm - Black Plastic Cap

4.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia Metal Soil Spear, 15 April 2014
Having read previous reviews about the difficulty of driving the spear into the ground, I employed the help of a neighbour who owned a sledge hammer and chose a wet day to install it. It took him less than five minutes so I recommend sledge hammers and wet days to drive this thing into the ground. My washing gig has a 30mm pole which I thought would fit the spear perfectly, in fact, the pole is much too small but that's not the fault of the spear! Probably a 32mm spear would have been a better fit. Anyway, as the spear is firmly fixed I have no intention of trying to get it out so will put up with the leaning washing gig. The spear is more substantial than I imagined and arrived securely packaged.

The One Minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams (The One Minute Manager)
The One Minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams (The One Minute Manager)
by Kenneth Blanchard

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book to give to team leaders, 7 Mar. 2014
I've recently run a leadership course for the team leaders in my company and gave each one this book as a gift. The feedback from my busy delegates has been very positive because of the concise nature of the book and also its easy-to-read format. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2