Profile for Philip E. S. Price > Reviews

Content by Philip E. S. Price

Philip E. S. Price "BlueGoose900" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Cowboys and Aliens
Cowboys and Aliens
Offered by digitalmediadistribution

4.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to be surprised - this is really good stuff, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Cowboys and Aliens (Audio CD)
A sadly under-rated band and criminally ignored. Don't know what happened to band members, but back when they were active they were truly superb! Having heard all of their albums - there is not one that is below excellent. Most artists have a high point in their musical careers - well this bands high point started with their 1st album and lasted till their last....
Utterly, utterly recommended to anyone who appreciates really well crafted, earnestly sung and meaningful rock/pop/electronic music. An absolute must.....

ACF Fiorentina 11/12 SS Home Football Shirt Purple - size S
ACF Fiorentina 11/12 SS Home Football Shirt Purple - size S

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful shirt, 29 July 2012
great style, colour and fit. love it!!! was bought as a birthday gift. think it is my best ever present. thank you so much.

PC2700 DDR 200pin SODIMM 333MHZ
PC2700 DDR 200pin SODIMM 333MHZ
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Item not used - recommended trader though., 16 May 2012
I cannot comment on the quality of the RAM - although I briefly used it and it worked fine. My aging laptop actually died two days after I took delivery of the RAM!! (Motherboard packed up) - so I asked if they would consider a refund if I sent it back. They were very understanding and allowed me to send it back. I highly Recommended the trader "Arch Memory", whose customer service was second to none...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Item not used - recommended trader though., 16 May 2012
I cannot comment on the quality of the battery, as I did not really get to use it. My ageing laptop actually died two days after I took delivery of the battery!! (Motherboard packed up) - so I asked if they would consider a refund if I sent it back. They were very understanding and allowed me to send it back. I highly Recommended the trader "Maxtouch". I hope that their products are as high quality as their customer service.

Last Day Of Summer
Last Day Of Summer

4.0 out of 5 stars less chaotic = pretty damn good......, 7 Mar 2012
This review is from: Last Day Of Summer (Audio CD)
Considering that this was a 'free' album for the fans available from their web-site for a while - you might expect the contents to be of a throw-away nature of quality. Well you would be very wrong indeed. In fact despite its humble origins, this album is actually one of my favourite White Denim albums. It is less chaotic, produced and considered than their other studio work. And it benefits massively from it. The material seems more structured and played in a relaxed manner that lends it an easy-going feel. But once you've listended a few times you begin to find all the hidden gems inside these songs.
I downloaded it free a couple of years back. But because I love it so much I then bought a copy too. These guys deserve your money as they are genuine, talented artists. Check them out live as well, they will totally blow you away.....

Battle For Seattle
Battle For Seattle

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting stuff....., 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Battle For Seattle (Audio CD)
Saw Little Roy perform a couple of songs from this album on Later with Jools Holland. So thought I would invest in the whole thing. I was not disappointed in any way. The core of the songs still remain vivid but they lend themselves so well to the reggae treatment it is a wholly refreshing and satisfying experience. Totally recommneded to anyone who loves reggae, Nirvana - well any good music...

American Goldwing
American Goldwing

3.0 out of 5 stars Continual decline, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: American Goldwing (Audio CD)
Since creating the positively wonderful early albums and their masterpiece "Furr" this band have sadly lost the plot. Quality control has gone out of the window and we find ourselves presented with yet another sub-standard (their own high standard) mediocre album. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this band - I've seen them play live twice and they are very good. But they would be better taking their time and creating some quality material rather than gigging all the time and feeling that they have to produce an album every year - when they clearly have not had time to write decent songs. Never mind. Hopefully the next one will see them back on form.

Safari Leather Credit Card Holder Style 5001 46
Safari Leather Credit Card Holder Style 5001 46

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Aug 2011
I bought this to keep all my cards in tidy shape. It works fine. does not do anything unexpected. Would recommend.

Universal GPS / Sat Nav Suction Mount Holder for GPS Devices and Mobile Phones
Universal GPS / Sat Nav Suction Mount Holder for GPS Devices and Mobile Phones
Offered by Laptop Kit UK

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 15 Jun 2011
This is a reasonably priced and effective replacement for the original satnav holder that broke after a couple of goes.
pretty robust and quite adjustable. Would recommend to others.

SHURE JSH EA210M Orange Foam Tip - Size M (pack of 10)
SHURE JSH EA210M Orange Foam Tip - Size M (pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product - they make all the difference, 3 Nov 2010
These are exactly what you would expect. They are good quality, fit perfectly and can be washed for re-use on several occasions. Slightly expensive, but worth it for the difference they make to the performance of my cheap JVC in-ear phones. Will buy them again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4