Profile for C. G. Ward > Reviews

Content by C. G. Ward

C. G. Ward "Kryssy Boi" (UK)

Blondie 4(0)-Ever: Greatest Hits Deluxe Redux / Ghosts Of Download
Blondie 4(0)-Ever: Greatest Hits Deluxe Redux / Ghosts Of Download
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ... not impressed at this being released with a redux greatest hits although have yet to listen to that part ..., 3 Aug 2014
I have to admit I was not impressed at this being released with a redux greatest hits although have yet to listen to that part of the set the packaging is top knotch.
I bought this purely to own Ghosts of Download, I loved A Rose By Any Name the second I heard it last June and was eager to see what the rest of the album would sound like and I was very pleasantly surprised.
I had bought Curse of Blondie and Panic of Girls on their release dates Curse of Blondie only had only a few songs that stood out to me but still those songs made it a worthwhile purchase in my eyes. Panic of Girls the first 6 tracks I adored the rest I will listen to now and then but not on a regular basis. So with that In mind I was some what wary of spending 15 on this new album which was marked up purely for redux hits and a dvd which in all honesty probably wont watch, however much to my surprise Ghosts of Download was pure gold for content. The second I got home I put it in to play and not once could I find a song I would consider to be filler, all the songs have great pace and were sung wonderfully. Blondie's rendition of Relax was completely gob smacking. This is by far the best Blondie album I have heard In a very long time and I believe it is worth the money just for the album and the presentation for the rest of the items it comes with.
I only hope Blondie keep up the quality of this album in future ones it felt like they had put so much time, care and love into this album. This has made it jnto my top 2 albums of the year so far accompanied by Sophie Ellis-Bextor's Wanderlust.
I cant recommend this album highly enough for any Blondie fan and if you're not a fan yet what better way to get to know Blondie than to get this set with a Greatest Hits? My only low point is that no newer songs were included on the Greatest Hits there were definately some gems on Curse of Blondie and Panic of Girls and it would have made the Greatest Hits look a bit more unique than the other 20 odd released already but thats not a massive issue anyway.

Joker Death of the Family TP (The New 52)
Joker Death of the Family TP (The New 52)
by Scott Snyder
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, twisted and thoroughly engaging, 3 Aug 2014
This graphic novel is awesome. The Joker is so sick and twisted in this. The story is solid the writing is excellent and it was so engageing I managed to finish it in 2 sittings. In my opinion the best stories here are Batgirl, Harley Quinn (although being a fan of suicide squad i had read this story a while back) and Nightwing while all the stories were great these were the ones that stood out the most to me. I highly recommend this to anyone who has read Batman Book 3, if you haven't I suggest you read this first as all these stories tie into it and also give the ending to book 3 away.

Catch You [12" VINYL]
Catch You [12" VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable, 8 Nov 2008
This review is from: Catch You [12" VINYL] (Vinyl)
This 12" vinyl is wonderful for the picture itself, I found it absolutely breathtaking.
This vinyl is a wonderful addition for any Sophie Ellis-Bextor collector as it contains remixes of the song Catch You which as most will know were never released on CD. However if you were thinkin of buying this just for the regular version of Catch You I would recommend you go for the regular CD Single as this also contains a non-album track, Down With Love.

2 Hearts [Cd2]
2 Hearts [Cd2]
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 9.69

4.0 out of 5 stars What can i say?, 8 Nov 2008
This review is from: 2 Hearts [Cd2] (Audio CD)
Before I write this review I would just like to say that I am not a huge fan of Kylie and infact X is the only album I own of hers.
Having said this I would like to say I found this song utterly amazing I've never heard a song that has boasted this womans talent quite as good as 2 Hearts.
If it wasnt for this song I would never have even contemplated buying the album so she has done herself good for releasing it as the lead single.
I am aware that this review is rather late considering the release date but I would like to say to all those people who have been stuck under a rock and not heard this masterpiece of a song that I strongly urge they go out and buy this single.