Profile for Bob Singleton > Reviews

Content by Bob Singleton

Bob Singleton (West Molesey, Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Heavenly Bodies: The Photographer's Guide to Astrophotography (Photot)
Heavenly Bodies: The Photographer's Guide to Astrophotography (Photot)
by Bert P. Krages

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Beginers, 15 Feb. 2007
Although I have been involved in photography a long time, I have only recently taken up astronomy and astrophotography. This book is well written and easy to understand. Full of large colour photos. Reasonably up-to-date.

Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)
Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars 99% Perfect, 20 Dec. 2006
I'll start with the negatives because there are only two and both are minor. The case offers little protection and the iPod itself shows up every greasy finger mark... I'm forever trying to wipe them off.

Now for the positives. It's the most intuitive of all the mp3 players I've seen and makes finding any piece of music a breeze. Connecting and downloading from iTunes couldn't be simpler.

Like all mp3s it's worth investing in a pair of decent headphones (I went for the Sennheiser CX300s in black to match my iPod) and the sound quality is simply stunning. I was noticing instruments that I hadn't realised were there. I can't imagine what an even higher end of 'phones would make it sound like.

All in all an absolute beauty, and if, like me, all you want to use it for is to listen to music, 30gb should be more than enough for most people.

Devolo MicroLink dLAN Highspeed Starter Kit
Devolo MicroLink dLAN Highspeed Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 3 April 2006
From signing for the package to surfing the 'net took about 5 minutes! It's that quick and simple.
Previously I was using a wireless connection which was very much hit and miss depending which room I was in. The router was in the sitting room (middle floor of a three storey town house) and in that room and my "office" on the floor above (and directly over the router), the wireless signal was good. Elsewhere is went from poor to no signal at all.
Now with this kit, I can still move around the house with my laptop if I want to and I get a prefect connection every time.
The house was recently re-wired, and even having different circuit loops going into the consumer unit doesn't seem to have affected my internet connection. I've also tried plugging in direct to a socket as well as via a surge protector, with only a small drop in connectivity using the latter... certainly not enough to make a difference to my internet surfing.
A highly recommended bit of kit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3