Profile for Regular Amazon Buyer > Reviews

Content by Regular Amazon...

Regular Amazon Buyer

GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide (with online edition) - Higher
GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide (with online edition) - Higher
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 2 May 2015
This guide has helped me a lot and has helped me much better understand certain topics. The pages are well laid out so it is easy to find the information you want without looking through the information you don't. The instructions are generally easy to follow as well.

Revise AQA: GCSE English and English Language Revision Guide Higher (REVISE AQA English)
by Mr David Grant

3.0 out of 5 stars Go for the CGP one., 2 May 2015
I bought this and CGP one and I find the CGP guide to be much better. The layout, structure and information is better is the CGP guide. This guide will give you the information, but you will find it much harder to understand.

HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset for PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Black
HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset for PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value For Money., 7 Nov. 2014
Feels like a much more premium product than the price would suggest. (I'm honestly not sure how kingston are selling such a good product for the price that they are!)

The packaging is of very good quality before even getting to the headphones. All cables and a carrying bag are included plus an extra set of ear cups made from a plush material.

The microphone quality surprised me. Sounds much better than sound tests I've listened to of other headsets that are twice the price of this one. The only materials that are used are metal and matte/rubber feel plastic. This helps with making sure you know the product has a reliable build quality and also makes it feel more premium.

There are two sets of ear cups. The leather ones do get your ears heating up quite quickly, however most headsets do this anyway. The leather is so soft on them that even after four hours of wearing them, I haven't had any discomfort on the side of my head whilst wearing my gunnar gaming glasses (which was a problem that I had with my previous headset which was a turtle beach that had similarly soft leather, but not quite as good as the leather used in the hyperx.)

Overall, extremely good value for money and an amazing product. If your on a budget get them, or even if you're not, still get them. If you can spend £200 on a headset, do that. But if your budget is under £200 I don't believe you can get a better headset.

LG G3 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Android, 5.5-inch, 16GB)
LG G3 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Android, 5.5-inch, 16GB)

2.0 out of 5 stars Screen, 9 Sept. 2014
The G3's big selling point is its screen. It was a big let down for me. It had absolutely no contrast at all. Colours very also very washed out. So much so that I felt my eyes straining from only looking at the screen for about five minutes. The phone felt fairly snappy and the interface wasn't too bad. In the end I had to return it and replace it with a Sony Xperia Z2. I could have just had a dodgy unit but I think this is quite a widespread problem.

Watch Dogs (PS4)
Watch Dogs (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS4) (Video Game)
First off I'll say that the game is definatly not bad. Just very repetitive and boring. Most of the missions are either sneaking around or switching between the security cameras. I didn't feel like the characters were developed brilliantly. There were ok but I didn't have any emotional connection with them because I just didn't know enough about them.
The graphics are definatly ok from ubisoft but not really up to the standard that a lot of next/current gen games are at. I think even an old gen console would manage very similar graphics. But I strangely enjoyed my self slightly throughout but I don't think the game really has any re-playability in my opinion. Once it's finished it's finished. And I don't think multiplayer has been implemented very well. DLC has come out, but it's too little too late.

Turtle Beach XO7 Headset (Xbox One)
Turtle Beach XO7 Headset (Xbox One)
Offered by GOLDEALS

4.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre for xbox, excellent for music, 9 April 2014
Not been overly impressed with how this headset performs on the Xbox one.
Complaints:
Makes controller cut out now and again.
Drains controller battery quicker due to effectively being wireless as there are no wires that connect directly to the console itself. This can easily be fixed by using the play and charge kit but I'm waiting for Microsoft to release a proper wired controller.
Dodgy noise during audio silence then transition to sound especially within the menus of the Xbox itself.
No microphone monitoring as many of Turtle Beaches' cheaper headsets have.
Neutral:
The ear cups are soft however the padding is not the thickest so I've found that if I move my head around too much, the inside of the headphones hurt my ears quite sharply. Maybe just my ear shape.
Positives:
When being used on anything other than the Xbox the sound quality is quite good as you'd expect from headphones at this price point. Fairly well balanced but the mids could be a bit clearer IMO.
Build quality is very good, not only do they feel strong but look good. + The braided cable has not tangled.

Overall I'm sure there will be some updates and improvements software wise from Turtle Beach and/or Microsoft to fix these problems that I have encountered but for now I would avoid buying these if being planned to be used with an Xbox One at the current price.
If these drop to about £70 I'd recommend having a look at them again.
(bought from game.co.uk)

UPDATE
Microsoft have recently released a new controller update which has taken out the annoying noises during audio silence. Also, since the new controller update, my controller hasn't been randomly been cutting out either.
Since this new update I would now rate the headset 4/5. The missing star being for the overpricing and lack of mic monitoring.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2014 12:42 AM GMT

Battlefield 4 (Xbox One)
Battlefield 4 (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand all of the complaints, 8 Dec. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm just sharing this review to air my opinion on the game. I've not seen any glitches and not had any lag. My campaign saved perfectly as well. The game has been running perfectly for me since release, so I don't know if I've been lucky or what but I honestly haven't seen any of the things that people have been complaining about. I ordered from game by the way. Also I strangely enjoyed the campaign.

Grand Theft Auto V Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Bradygames Strategy Guides)
Grand Theft Auto V Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Bradygames Strategy Guides)
by Bradygames

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 18 Sept. 2013
Firstly the cover of the book looks stunning before even looking inside the book itself, however the photos of the cover on Amazon don't really do it justice, also the size of the book is a lot bigger than I expected.
After looking through a few pages I can confirm that this book is very in-depth and covers every little thing you could think of and more.
The book comes with a small landscape orientated lithograph picture which I can confirm is unseen artwork, well, at least I haven't seen it anywhere before. It comes in this slide-out envelope style packaging.
The book itself has good illustrations and is laid out well and easy to navigate.
Every thing is 5 stars so far apart from one thing, which personally doesn't ruin it too much for me. The paper used feels very thin like the paper from a cheap magazine, it feels like that if I'm not careful it could rip any second, but luckily I am.
A very good book and it's £6 cheaper than game.co.uk.