Profile for Manika > Reviews

Seven Choices: Finding Daylight After Loss Shatters Your World
Seven Choices: Finding Daylight After Loss Shatters Your World
by Elizabeth Harper Neeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 24 Oct. 2013
Even though this book was written more than 20 years ago, each of the seven steps mentioned in this book were exactly what I was going through right now. There were so many emotions and processes i was experiencing and that I couldn't put words to, and yet the author described them perfectly. My husband also passed away in the same way that the author's husband passed away and was much younger too so I felt that this was the perfect book for me at this time. I had many many 'aha' moments, saying to myself this is exactly what I am going through now. Through this book, the author gave me hope that I would come out of this process alive and well, and she has included many stories from other people that have experienced losses that I didn't feel so quite alone. This is an excellent guide for anyone who is going through the process of mourning/ grieving a spouse.

The Best Dead Husband in the World: A Story of Love After Death
The Best Dead Husband in the World: A Story of Love After Death
by Kathy Reichert

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, 24 Oct. 2013
After the death of my husband, this book made me feel that my husband is still around, yet in a different form. And all the signs I had been receiving were not my imagination, but signs from the other side.. This book soothed my souls in some of my darkest moments.