Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn More Learn more Learn more
Profile for Mr. P. Bradshaw > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Bradshaw

Mr. P. Bradshaw "pjbradshaw39" (UK)

Brit Guide Disneyland Resort Paris 2010-2011 (Brit Guides)
Brit Guide Disneyland Resort Paris 2010-2011 (Brit Guides)
by Simon Veness

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantistic guide, 27 Aug. 2010
Having booked Disneyland Paris for the first time to go with my wife and 2 year old daughter, we were very much stepping into the unknown.
This book proved excellent and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Disneyland Paris as it helped make our trip all the more enjoyable.
Great tips on getting there, where to eat, what rides are suitable, best time to go on them, tips on avoiding queues, how to get a good view for the parades and much much more.
As previously mentioned, although the book itself was superb (and an enjoyable read) we saved more than the price of the book itself in planet Hollywood, by using the 20% discount voucher at the back of the book.

QuickSpot - Nintendo DS
QuickSpot - Nintendo DS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy to play game, 29 April 2009
I bought this for my wife as with a good DS game in her hand she doesn't nag me so much about not doing the housework.
A very simple spot the difference game where the player has to circle approx 8 differences on a vast range of images.
Good graphics and I take it the gameplay is raltively addictive as I never did the hoovering for over a fortnight.

Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun at a realistic price, 3 April 2007
I've owned my wii now for just over 2 months and I still love it. I'm not your typical dedicated gamer as I'm in my early 30's, have a hectic lifestyle so don't have hours upon end to read manuals explaining to how to play the games.(I'm also lazy).

Upon opening the wii I was suprised at how small it was. In the online pictures the console and the wii remote seem larger than they are in real life. The wii is much smaller than my old PS2.

The simple yet fun gameplay is what makes this console. Just load the game in, grab your wii mote and have some fun!

I am loving tiger woods golf at the moment, swinging back the wii mote like a golf club and really feeling part of the game itself. This is much better than simply twiddling with a joystick and feels very realistic.

The wii sports game that comes with the console is a decent enough game and I even had my Dad trying his arm at baseball and tennis!

Unfortunately for me the tv is near my front window, so any neighbours looking in must think I'm totally bonkers when they see me lobbing the ball up with my wii remote and then smash it back down in my attempt to serve an ace at wii tennis.

This console is still in its infancy and no doubt games will get better over time. The use of online gaming when it arrives will also make this a better console but in the meantime it's still definately worth buying if you can get your hands on one.

Plantronics M2500 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics M2500 Bluetooth Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 8 Aug. 2006
This is my first bluetooth earpiece and I am very pleased with it.

The sound quality is very good, (both loud and clear enough) and it is very simple to use.

Simply pair it up with your mobile and away you go.

Comes with a mains battery charger and it only seemed to take around an hour to fully charge the battery.

Glad I bought it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit!, 25 Jan. 2005
I opted for the TomTom GO after reading numerous positive reviews on Amazon and other websites. I toyed with the idea of getting a cheaper system, such as a PDA with additional software, but I decided against that as in comparison, the TomTom seemed to be much more user friendly and reliable.
One of my concerns with the TomTom Go was the fact that my peugeot 307 has a heat resistant windscreen and I had read that this can seriously affect the signal.
To play it safe, I purchased the external antenna, just to ensure that I never had any coverage problems.
When the unit arrived I was amazed at how straight forward it was to set everything up. The unit arrived with a good battery charge in it and the step by step instructions are very easy to follow.
The suction mount simply secures firmly on the car windscreen (anywhere you like) and the TomTom slots on top and can be tilted at any angle to suit.
For basic use, simply power on the unit, enter where you wish to go and you're off! The first thing that amazed me was the accuracy of the 3d map whilst driving, it had almost every road layout absolutely spot on. For safety, the voice prompts alone are enough to get you to where you want to go, without actually having to look at the display.
As for the external antenna, this was extremely easy to install.The funny thing about this antenna is that it didnt even need to go outside my car to improve the signal, I simply have the antenna resting on my dashboard and this doesnt look too messy either.
When I have finished my journey, I simply unclip the TomTom from its suction bracket and either bring it back in the house with me, or if I am on a visit I will leave it in my glove compartment. The unit is also compact enough to fit comfortably into a handbag or a briefcase.
There are a host of other things this unit can do (I have installed the speed camera database onto it which is very useful)however the best way to find out, is simply to read the easy to follow instruction booklet. Even my girlfriend found it easy to use and she struggles with anything that involves buttons and technology.
If you choose the Tom Tom Go you will not be disappointed.
It takes a lot of the stresses out of everyday travelling and this has to be the best £399 I have spent for a long long time.

Yamada DVD 5520 Multi-region DVD Player
Yamada DVD 5520 Multi-region DVD Player

1.0 out of 5 stars The "Russian Roulette" DVD player, 1 Jan. 2004
I am now in the process of packaging my second Yamada 5520 to be returned to Amazon.
The first one I received played ok..for about 5 minutes and then the films kept on stalling.
I sent this back for a replacement which arrived very quickly.
Unfortunately the replacement will not eject my DVD's. When ever I press the stop button all i get is grey fuzz on the screen and I have to power the machine off.The machine will not eject the DVD unless it has been powered off for several hours.
I was willing to grin and bear this, however after a couple of months the films continued to stall again.
By purchasing this machine you are taking a risk as it appears that some people have received good models (although how long it will work is another matter), where as others receive faulty ones.
Personally I would not touch a Yamada product with a bargepole and would recommend you fork out an extra few quid and get a better model from a more well established manufacturer.