Profile for sfauntie > Reviews

Content by sfauntie

sfauntie

Americanah
Americanah

5.0 out of 5 stars I am SO impressed with this work that I am now getting all her other books....., 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Americanah (Kindle Edition)
this author is new to me and I have now ordered all her other work. I thoroughly enjoyed this book; all the characters became real to me and although I nave never been to Nigeria I feel I know the country now.
I really recommend the book. Next one for me is Half of a Yellow Moon and I expect to be enthralled by that too.

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy this author's work but this is one of her best. You have to really concentrate so it is not a book to be reading by the pool or on the beach on holiday but I highly recommend it.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Summer Read, 20 Aug. 2013
It's an easy read (to be expected now the author has been identified) and looks like it has been set up to continue the stories of this detective and his merry band.

100 EMPTY CAPSULES FOR NESPRESSO MACHINES
100 EMPTY CAPSULES FOR NESPRESSO MACHINES
Offered by Computerstar

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but....., 20 Aug. 2013
Try as I will I cannot get these capsules to work properly. the capsule itself gets crushed in the nespresso machine. I have tried filling it lightly and also really packed in but still it gets crushed. it's a shame as I would love to be able to use my favourite coffee in the machine. I have reused a stronger type of capsule available from supermarket - they are purple and they are stronger and don't collapse. so it would be great for me to be able to buy just the tops and I could work it out that way.
Hope the manufacturer reads these notices.

Virtue
Virtue
Offered by onepeecd

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Up Is Good To Do, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Virtue (Audio CD)
Emmy Moss has come up with the goods in her latest album. She is more confident in her singing and her backups are beautifully orchestrated although in a couple of numbers she is perhaps overwhelmed. emmy does so well in her acoustic numbers that with harps and glockenspiels she is pushed into the background in some numbers. However her writing is still topnotch and the album which is "inspired" by the breakup of her engagement is another step up for this talented singer/songwriter. Not that I am encouraging breakups but to come out shining in this manner does give pause for thought.