Profile for davidmccann > Reviews

Content by davidmccann

davidmccann

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
6pack Allcam Dimmable LED GU10 Bulbs 5W Bright Warm White, Replace 35-50W Halogen Lights, 48mm Height, Perfect as LED Spotlight or Downlights
Offered by eHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well as much more expensive bulbs, 4 July 2016
So far so good. Bought these to replace a much more expensive Kensington bulb which blew after only a few months (the Kensington bulbs are about £10 EACH!!). So far so good and it fits into the fitting and makes exactly the same colour/brightness of light as my other expensive spotlights. Let's see how long it lasts, but so far so good

9mm White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings in 14K Gold - AAAA Quality
9mm White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings in 14K Gold - AAAA Quality
Offered by ThePearlSource

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 4 July 2016
Gift for my wife to match a previously purchased necklace from the same seller. Overall she seems very pleased with the item and therefore I am pleased! Pearls seem of good quality and as described and therefore represent a significant saving vs similar items on sale in high street jewellers.

[Magnector X-202] High Performance Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / Z3 Charging Cable - Enhanced Magnetic Connection and Charging Speed (Work for Z3 Compact and Tablet too)
Offered by 11 Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended daily charging cable for Xperia Z3, 13 Jun. 2016
This was bought as a replacement for an identical cable I had bought and used daily for around 18 months (which eventually broke after repeated travelling / being stuffed in a bag etc). This works exactly the same, but it does seem to contain a stronger magnet than my old one (either that or the magnet loses strength over time so a new one appears stronger). I can highly recommend to anyone with an Xperia Z3 as it is far easier to use this cable to do your daily charge than messing about removing the waterproof cover. I also found that this was the only cable slim enough to work with my case logic phone case - others I tried were too big. The trade off is that this is probably easier to fall off and realistically you can't use the phone whilst it is charging (unless you are exceptionally careful). Overall - highly recommended as a daily charger.

Smidge That Midge Insect Repellent 75 ml
Smidge That Midge Insect Repellent 75 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, but only as well as cheaper alternatives in my view, 13 Jun. 2016
We have tried other types - including generic insect spray, deet based sprays, the avon citronella oil based product and now this. To be honest they all work for us at least about the same. They are all effective to an extent, but we got bitten using this and everything else. The only real advantage of this one that I can see is that it is small enough to take on the plane in hand luggage in your toiletries bag, whereas the others generally are too big. I would probably choose one of the cheaper options again in the future if I did not have the hand luggage only constraint.

★ Best Seller ★ Multi-Purpose Small Easel Stand Display♦ solid coated wire ♦ non-slip rubber to protect all of your wonderful collections ♦ scratch-resistant ♦ picture easel ♦ small easel ♦ display stand ♦ art display stand ♦ book display stand ♦ SELECTABLE viewing angles give you more control over your display ♦ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

4.0 out of 5 stars Multi use adjustable frame, 3 Jun. 2016
Does what it says - it provides a freestanding frame which I can see having a variety of uses - in my case it is used to support a 15x10 inch photo frame weighing around 700g which didn't have its own stand. I would say this feels like the very limit of what this stand could comfortably support weight and dimension wise - the screws needed to be very tight to support it.

Globe Collection 30 cm Globe, Black
Globe Collection 30 cm Globe, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking globe, 3 Jun. 2016
Bought as a gift, but the product seems of good to high quality, feels robust and looks very elegant.

Inov8 British Made Traditional Picture/Photo Frame, 15x10-inch, Large Washed White

2.0 out of 5 stars Frame OK but product description is incorrect, 3 Jun. 2016
The frame itself is fine and as described in terms of its size and general features.

However the description says "stand allowing both landscape and portrait positioning". There is no stand however, so you would need to hang on a wall or buy your own stand elsewhere. It seems from a review of a similar product, this is not the only item that has been incorrectly described in the product description as having a stand when it doesn't. When I raised this with amazon they offered me a £5 partial refund, which was generally acceptable as I was able to buy a third party stand (through amazon) for £6.

So it would be a 5* product if an integral stand was unimportant, but I would buy something else if you need a stand.

Adam Linens Luxury 5 Star Hotel Quality White 100%Cotton 300 Thread Count Satin Stripe Duvet Cover + Pillowcase Single, Double & King Size (Super King)
Offered by Day-&-Night

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 27 April 2016
So far so good. We have used this bed linen for a couple of weeks now and generally we are very pleased with it. It looks and feels nice - very similar to the pictures. Only "issue" is that it does get very creased after washing - much more so than other bedding I have used in the past. I assume this is due to the thicker materials than regular bedding. Not a major issue, just bear in mind is going to require extra ironing!

BEDZONLINE Mattress 7-Zone (8" DEEP)Memory Foam Rolled Mattress FREE DELIVERY (6FT SUPER KING SIZE)
Offered by bedzonline

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 27 April 2016
We have been using the mattress for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. It is definitely a "firm" mattress but we like this and personally find it comfortable. It does not have as much memory foam in as we thought it would do (having previously used a memory foam topper on a conventional mattress), but nonetheless has proved comfortable so far. One word of warning - whilst it does come rolled, this is only in one dimension, so the box is as long as the mattress's smaller dimension. In our case, a super-king size, this meant a box that was around 180cm long. We were not able to get this in our large saloon car boot (as we had it delivered to work) and it was difficult to get up a tight-ish staircase. Undoubtedly it was still far more convenient than a conventional mattress, but nonetheless, do bear in mind that it is not as easy to transport as it implies in the product review. Factor in needing a large estate car / van if you need to transport it and probably need two people to get it up stairs.

Super King Size, White, Extra Deep (16"), 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Fitted Bed Sheet, by Viceroybedding
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

1.0 out of 5 stars Item arrived soiled, 27 April 2016
The item I received was soiled (large brown stain) and I had to return it, so I am not able to leave a review of the product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15