Profile for Jeremy Craven > Reviews

Content by Jeremy Craven

Jeremy Craven (Surrey, England)

Betron BT1010 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Earphones for Sports
Betron BT1010 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Earphones for Sports
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars About what I expected for the price, 9 Nov. 2015
Was hoping to use these for motorcycling, but they are too bulky to fit under the helmet so if you are considering this, then don't bother. I'm not sure they would be any use for sports, for me they don't stay in the ear particularly well (despite the dozens of different shaped/sized buds supplied), and there is quite a bit of weight in the battery/controller that is attached on the wire just under the left earbud which annoyingly bounces around your neck when moving and endeavours to pull the earbud out of your ear. But for the price, the sound quality is OK, and the bluetooth connection seems solid, so I will keep them for use when sitting still.

Sony Xperia Z1 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia Z1 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Sam Store US

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets so far, 23 Dec. 2013
I have been using an iphone 3GS for the last few years, and have been quite happy with it. I decided to replace it for a number of reasons, so did a lot of research and agonised over what to buy, after all when buying outright whatever you choose requires parting with a hefty lump of wedge.
I decided on the Xperia Z over other android phones for a number of reasons.
1) Its waterproof. I use my phone as a sat nav on my motorbike, so this is a great feature for me.
2) Expandable memory. 16Gb is not enough for me, my music collection alone approaches that.
3) Good camera
4) Good battery life (only other phone I could find with a 3000mAh battery was the LG G2)

I have had the phone a few days now and so far I am not at all disappointed with my choice. The phone simply flies, launching maps, sat nav, web pages etc in fractions of a second. It's build quality seems very good (but I haven't dropped it yet !) I've taken a few photos and they have been great, and the battery has lasted me all day with almost constant use (since I can't stop playing with it)
It is quite big, there are other slightly smaller phones with a 5inch display, but we are talking a few mm here. I doubt I could type with it one handed due to its size, and fear of dropping it, but really that's about the only negative and really the price you pay for a 5 inch display I guess.
So if you are thinking of buying a new android phone, you could do a lot worse than choose this.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 4:54 PM GMT

In Car Holder for Apple Iphone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 4 / 4s / 3G / 3 and IPOD series 2015 Model
Offered by Best Digital Market

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit wobbly, 17 April 2013
It attaches to the windscreen well and holds the phone well, but there is quite a lot of movement in the ball joint when the car is moving which makes the phone oscillate a fair bit. Still useable but quite annoying.

Mens Brave Soul Adrian Hoodie (Navy Marl) (X-Large)
Mens Brave Soul Adrian Hoodie (Navy Marl) (X-Large)
Offered by Xact Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 17 April 2013
You can get much cheaper hoodies, but these feel quality and the colours are great. I have bought two and might go back for a third.

Aten CS22U 2-Port USB Cable KVM Switch
Aten CS22U 2-Port USB Cable KVM Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 2 Dec. 2012
Was using a cheap clunky mechanical switch, and swapped it for this. It even works with a wireless mouse. Switches in about 2 seconds. Remote button is a nice feature, so you can keep the switch itself off your desk. Very pleased.

Koss The Plug Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black
Offered by DiscountDiscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 23 Jan. 2012
I wanted some earphones that I could wear when riding my motorcycle. I had tried quite a few and all had their issues. I have to say these are pretty much perfect.

The sound quality is good, I can turn my iphone volume down to 30% and still hear good sound at motorway speeds. This results in precious battery life savings.

They go right into your ears and expand to fit, just like earplugs I would normally wear under my helmet to reduce wind noise, this means they stay in place when you put your helmet on and stay in place when you are doing pretty much anything.

Finally, they cost a tenner...unbelievably good value.

A couple of minor negatives
The expandable foam does not last forever, and to keep a snug fit, the foam buds need replacing every few months (I wear them daily) One set of replacement buds is provided.
As with a lot of cheap headphones, the wire connections are a bit flimsy, and one set has failed where the wire joins the jackplug, but the vendor agreed to replace them with no arguments.

*** Update to this review April 2013 *** The cable has failed again at the same point, where it joins the 3.5mm jack. This is obviously a design flaw.