Profile for Miss K. C. Fry > Reviews

Content by Miss K. C. Fry

Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
One Night with a Billionaire
One Night with a Billionaire

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't leave me hanging like this!, 25 Aug 2014
J. S Scott, you meanie! Imagine me arms crossed, scowling and stomping my feet like a petulant teenager. How can you leave us hanging?
We already knew Jason, with the help of Tate and Travis, had come up with a plan to ensnare Hope but we hadn't known the full details of the new years eve party until this book. Their evening together was passion fueled, both of them single finally.
I'm left with more questions than I had before though, so frustrated. Who has hurt Hope? What does she do for a living that she keeps secret from everyone? What is going on with her on again off again boyfriend?
I'm considering staying up until midnight tonight so I can read the sequel as soon as the pre-order arrives on my kindle.
This is the best book of the whole series.

Ten Brides for Ten Heroes
Ten Brides for Ten Heroes

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic mixed happy ever after collection, 22 Aug 2014
Sometimes I want to read dark and sordid books, sometimes an erotic romance but other times I need a happy ever after to brighten my day. When you set out to read such a story you know there will be angst, drama but eventually both of the characters will come to their senses. You will find 10 worthy happy ever afters in this compilation. What I like about a collection such as this is I get to try authors I may not have otherwise discovered and out of the 10 books I really enjoyed 7:

Here Comes the Bride by Theresa Ragan—New York Times and USA Today bestselling author
Return of the Runaway Bride by Donna Fasano—USA Today bestselling author
Destination Wedding (The Decorah Security Series) by Rebecca York—New York Times and USA Today bestselling author
The Army Doctor's Wedding (The Army Doctor's Series) by Helen Scott Taylor—Award-winning and national bestselling author
Single & Searching by Rita Herron—National bestselling author
Tomboy Bride (The Dance 'n' Luv Series) by Alicia Street—National bestselling author
Love Me Tender (The “Elvis” Series) by Mimi Barbour—National bestselling author

I will definitely be reading the rest of The Army Doctor's Series, the book was well written and 2 of my favourite alpha male roles are filled, doctor and military. Heaven. I will also be looking for more of Rita Herron's books. Single and Searching was a witty romance, down right farcical at times but not annoying so. I'm a sucker for second chances and Return of the Runaway Bride was an excellent story so I may look up Donna Fasano too.

If you want a dose of happiness, I recommend this collection.

A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries Book 7)
A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simon is my James Bond, 22 Aug 2014
I loved the previously books in the Masters and Mercenaries series so once I saw this on Amazon, I pre-ordered it. Then as if by magic, the kindle fairy delivered this on the release date and I gobbled it up straight away.
I'd really been looking forward to this book as Simon was the epitome of a suave, sophisticated, aristocratic spy in my mind. All the books have a James Bond related title and if any of the characters remind me of Bond, it's Simon. He will maim and kill in the line of duty and then straighten his tie and dust off his suit as if nothing happened. His go bag has the necessaries for his line of work, new identity, cash, ammo, but he also includes a tailored suit. He is underestimated by many, they think he's a toff, a spoilt brat distantly in line to the throne but he proves himself a force to be reckoned with; don't be fooled by his noble and gentlemanly exterior.
Chelsea lets her past define her, which we all do to some extent, but it's made her bitter, twisted and not realising her own worth. She needs to feel powerful and useful and since she no longer works as The Broker, she is lost. She is considerably naive despite being a criminal cyber mastermind. She can be a bit annoying at times as she knows what she is saying will anger Simon, it's like prodding a bear with a stick. She provokes him and then is unhappy with his response.
Tag was as stroopy and amusing as always, I have a soft spot for him.
This is a funny, raunchy, lightly BDSM, spy love story and I loved it. Bring on Jess and Phoebe's story.

Fierce & Fabulous Volume 1: An Erotic Short Story Collection Of Leah's Lustful Adventures

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable but very short, 22 Aug 2014
The three stories are very short so there is no room for character development, each story is just the depiction of a particular event. Reading the stories I felt as if I was having a few drinks with the girls, sitting around sharing our latest pieces of gossip, as if a friend had a group of us mesmerised telling us about her latest antics in the sauna, on holiday, with her fuckbuddy, while we sat there jealous of her exciting life. It's almost as if I was a voyeur looking on.

The author contacted me via Goodreads and asked me if I'd like to review her book. I was honoured, but, I advised that I'm not usually interested in short stories so I didn't think I'd be able to give a fair review. My personal review is 3 out of 5 stars for this book but that is greatly affected by my feelings about the lack of depth in short stories. If you do enjoy this style, then I believe this book warrants 4 out 5 stars.

Throttled (Men of Inked Book 3)
Throttled (Men of Inked Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 16 Aug 2014
In my review of book 1, where City and Suzy met, I said that I didn't quite believe this couple, they seemed false, and reading this book I still feel the same. I'm not convinced by them, mostly Suzy. When Suzy is laughing and joking with Mia, Izzy and Mrs G, they were apparently hysterical what they were saying was so funny but they just weren't amusing, I didn't feel like.

I'm not sure we needed this story continuing Suzy and City's story, yes they get married but we didn't learn anymore about their characters, he was just as caveman as ever and she was still naive even if she's now learnt how to swear and ask for what she wants.

What I did get out of the story which I enjoyed was seeing more of Izzy, she's going to be trouble in the next book. It also gives more information on Thomas and Anthony and I will read the next in the series as I want to them brought to heel.

Hook Me (Men of Inked Book 2)
Hook Me (Men of Inked Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael is yummy, 16 Aug 2014
I enjoyed this installment of the series much more than I did book 1, both the characters and the plot are better.

Michael is such a romantic, not what I expected. He's kind and generous and respects Mia. Mia doesn't take any nonsense from Michael and is an equal to him when it comes to flirting and witty conversation. I loved his piercing, I didn't know what a Jacob's Ladder piercing was so thank you Google for my education, it looks fun! Michael and Mia make a believable couple, there's chemistry between them and affection.

Tammy is creepy but I did laugh at the scrap book she made. I felt sorry for Michael somewhat that she was stalking him but he did treat her like a piece of meat, as he did most women before Mia, so maybe he was due some comeuppence. I wan't entirely satisfied with conclusion of Tammy's part of the story, would someone delusional just stop once confronted by Mia? I'm not so sure, and, why didn't Mia use her medical background and get Tammy help, she's obviously not well.

I did enjoy the book, Michael was yummy and I look forward to the rest of the family finding their matches.

The Chocolate Garden (Dare River Book 2)
The Chocolate Garden (Dare River Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy every with love, suspense and magical fairies, 15 Aug 2014
This is the first book in Ava Miles' Dare River series, a spin-off from the Dare Valley series. This is a standalone series so you don't need to have read Dare Valley books to understand the plot, its just nice to have a bit of extra reference to the characters, plus, they're great books.

If you want some happy ever after, a wonderful tender-hearted man and a woman who fights against adversity for love, this book will suit you just fine. The part of the book that explains the title is like an adult fairy tale, it's magical. I need the protection of the chocolate fairies from the chocolate garden, it's a beautiful idea.

"Dreams are just visions we haven't experienced yet. Doesn't make them any less real."

John Parker, JP, is a true romantic, it's nice to have a main character who is good through and through for a change, he's not arrogant, he's not shy of his emotions, but don't worry, it doesn't make the story boring. The charm of the story comes in seeing the change in Tammy from beaten down, scared divorcee to thriving, happy new woman.

Part of the change in Tammy is learning to give up the restrictions of her strict Southern Belle upbringing. She is hindered by the teachings Mrs Augusta and her mother drummed into her. The conversations between Tammy and her sister Amelia about this are funny, I can picture them destroying clothing in the pantyhose rebellion.

Rory, Tammy's son, stole my heart just as he did in the first book. Due to circumstances he is more mature than his age and is not afraid to tell the adults where they are going wrong and talking sense into them when they make mistakes.

There's a hint of mystery and scare factor to the plot and there is the continuation of the story from book 1 regarding a press leak. Other family members and business associates are introduced to us just enough to get us intrigued about further books. There is an antagonistic relationship between Tammy's sister Amelia and Rye's manager Clayton Chandler. Amelia is not a woman to give up so Clayton better watch out but how will they survive what Amelia has done? We will have to wait for the next book in the series which has great potential.

So, as I say, you need a bit of a boost? To disappear into the world of lover conquers all? This book will help you do that for a few hours.

Country Heaven (Dare River Book 1)
Country Heaven (Dare River Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable happy ending tale, 15 Aug 2014
This is the first book in Ava Miles' Dare River series, a spin off from the Dare Valley series. This is a standalone series so you don't need to have read Dare Valley books to understand the plot, it's just nice to have a bit of extra reference to the characters, plus, they're great books.

Rye Crenshaw is a country musician with a bad boy image that his agent promotes, unfortunately the image doesn't go in his favour when a public incident causes bad press. He needs to turn around the public's opinion of him. He's on tour and anxious to get some peace and a good meal, he heads to a diner. He meets cook Tory Simmons who he barters with to cook for him despite it being closing time. Tory is persuaded to become his tour cook but wants nothing but a professional relationship with him due to his bad boy attitude and behaviour but she gets drawn into his life, finds out he's not quite who he portrays and meets the people who made him the way he is.

The book focuses mostly on the growth of Rye and had Tory as a supporting character to that growth. He grew up and matured when he was needed by his family, he stepped up to his responsibilities all with the encouragement and support of Tory. This book proves the addendum that 'behind every great man is a great woman'. I liked Rye's family, especially his little nephew, he's quite a character.

Throughout the book there are recipes from Tory's cookbook and song lyrics of Rye's interspersed within the story. It's a nice idea but I didn't find it added to the book for me personally until the song he wrote regarding his love for Tory. I felt Tory's fear of dogs and the explanation of it was a bit strange and I'm not sure it was needed on top of the story of her parent's death, it seemed excessive and didn't quite gel.

It's a happy every after story but with many bumps in the road. It's not the best book I've read by Ava Miles but I still enjoyed it and look forward to reading the next in the series.

Show Me, Baby: A Masters of the Shadowlands Novella (1001 Dark Nights)
Show Me, Baby: A Masters of the Shadowlands Novella (1001 Dark Nights)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Cherise Sinclair book, 13 Aug 2014
I've been looking forward to this book for a while as an avid fan of Masters of Shadowlands Series and I was not disappointed.

Rainie Kuras, one of the trainees at Shadowlands, takes a dog who has been run over to see vet Jake Sheffield, a Master at Shadowlands. He has always seen Rainie as attractive but she doesn't appear to reciprocate those feelings and is in fact rather cold to him. What Jake doesn't know is that he met her once when they were teenagers. Jake is made in charge of the trainees at the club and has the task of helping Raine learn to say no instead of lying or skirting around the issue.

Raine is a larger woman and it's good to read a book where she is seen as an attractive, sexy man such as Jake. She doesn't hide her figure and dresses as all trainees should at the club, in skimpy clothes or naked. My favourite part of the book was the batchelorette party of Sally and Gabi. I laughed out loud at their antics. It was great to see Mistress Anne as part of the group, joining in with their games and the sexy dancing they learned. The Masters all looking on from afar and their caveman behaviour in removing their partners from the club was classic Cherise Sinclair.

Another great addition to the series.

Meet Me in Barcelona
Meet Me in Barcelona

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but was slow to get in to, 13 Aug 2014
Grace Sawyer goes to Barcelona with boyfriend Jake. They supposedly won the holiday although neither of them entered, his colleague Dan said he entered them. She's not sure whether they should go as her mum has dementia and is dying from cancer. Once they arrive little things happen which alone would just be creepy fluke but together suggest they've been brought here for a reason. Carrie Ann, the shamed foster sister, has a plan.

I struggled to get in to this book. Maybe if we had met Carrie Ann earlier in the book or if the strange occurrences started earlier the book would have had more momentum. It felt like we were getting lots of background & scene setting and then when the plot kicked in it was an anti climax. The story is good but I was a bit bored.
I never quite understood Grace or Jake, I didn't sympathise with either of them and Carrie Ann was meant to be weird and volatile but it didn't feel that way. She felt more like a girl having teenage tremor tantrums and mood swings.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20