Profile for Miss K. C. Fry > Reviews

Content by Miss K. C. Fry

Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Edible (Exquisite Series Book 3)
Edible (Exquisite Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of this series, 17 Oct. 2014
I already knew a little about the characters in this series having read Try and Take first and there is so much more to Cole than I thought.
This is the best book in this series. Rachel, nicknamed 'super domme' by Shelly throws out this don't mess with me vibe and Cole can see through it, he can see she's not being true to herself but doesn't know why. Rachel is attracted to the alpha male domineering Cole but that's exactly why she can't be with him, he's the type of man who can hurt her.
I really enjoyed finding out more about Cole, who I had imagined was a rather straight laced suit, and about Rachel who's eccentricity made her a mystery to me.

Entice (Exquisite Series Book 2)
Entice (Exquisite Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 17 Oct. 2014
I already knew a little about the characters in this series having read Try and Take first.
Shelly is the exact opposite of the type of woman Joshua wants and he is the opposite of what she wants, so why are they so attracted to each other? Are they both making incorrect assumptions about each other which are clouding their judgement?
Shelly is awesome. She's sexy, confident, has a wild dress sense but can be stubborn, proud and pigheaded. Josh is just swoonworthy. I can picture him in his tight jeans doing his construction work.
This book is sometimes humorous, sometimes sad, full of love, lust and loss. An enjoyable read.

Exquisite (Exquisite Series Book 1)
Exquisite (Exquisite Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 17 Oct. 2014
Lena is so disillusioned with the world and is punishing herself to the extent she won't allow herself to be happy and it's painful to see such sadness. Mason makes it his aim to see this woman smile and laugh, he can see something special in her.

Safe Words, A Deviations Novel
Safe Words, A Deviations Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to the 1st 3 in series but ok read, 17 Oct. 2014
I loved books 1 to 3 in this series al 5 Stars but I wonder if maybe the series should have ended at book 3.
Out of all the BDSM novels I've read, this series had the most strict D/S relationship. Tobias takes on Noah as a sub after seeing Noah needs something, he's adrift and needs grounding and issues dealt with. Tobias is a sucker for a sub in need and something about Noah entrances him. Noah is not a sweet yes sir sub all the time. It's not all cut and dry D/S split between Noah and Tobias and that does not detract from the power exchange you can feel. Tobias is strong enough to admit that sometimes he needs to swap.
Pham is not a character I'm particularly keen on. He's a bit too over the top happy, childish in some ways. To me Tobias and Noah were perfect as couple and should have stayed that way. Having Pham involved ruins some of the dynamic for me. The book becomes less about the BDSM training and the strict D/S relationship and moves more to how the 3 of them manage a life together. The sex starts to edge more on the vanilla side (as vanilla as menage can be) and I felt the series has lost it's focus and what made it great to start with.

Deviations: Bondage
Deviations: Bondage

3.0 out of 5 stars does not live up to 1st 3 books, 17 Oct. 2014

Deviations: Discipline
Deviations: Discipline

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 Oct. 2014
I loved books 1 to 3 in this series. Out of all the BDSM novels I've read, this series had the most strict D/S relationship. Tobias takes on Noah as a sub after seeing Noah needs something, he's adrift and needs grounding and issues dealt with. Tobias is a sucker for a sub in need and something about Noah entrances him. Noah is not a sweet yes sir sub all the time. During the day he's a police officer and he has to work to weigh up his responsible professional life against his need to give up control in his private life.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the start of their relationship and all the details of Noah's training. Tobias is not a know it all dom and goes to his friend Bradford when he needs to who then uses his dom nature to help Tobias.
The walking to heel training was painful, hands over nipples to protect myself while reading that, I was in awe of Noah's courage jumping in a contract with the infamous Tobias, and watching him flourish was beautiful.
The pride Tobias felt when Noah achieved a task or overcame an obstacle was fantastic, you really understand what he as a dom gets out of training a sub and the descriptions of Noah's feelings explains what he gets out of it.
They are a great fun couple and their rough and tumble and often funny role playing games were hot, sexy and great to read.

Deviations: Domination

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 17 Oct. 2014

Secrets and Ink
Secrets and Ink

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Secrets and Ink (Kindle Edition)
Jem definitely subscribes to the old adage 'Karma's a bitch'. He believes he's jinxed and is waiting for his bad luck to end as his psychic has assured him it will. He meets level head, self-assured, Nick and neither of them realise at first that they've met before in very different circumstances.
Jem is a softie, you'd expect hard and disingenuous based on his past but he isn't jaded, just resigned to his bad luck. Nick takes control in and out of the bedroom as Jem just keeps walking into trouble. We see two men finding love, manipulation and corruption amongst the Hollywood glamour and a reminder that you can't always know what someone is thinking from the expression on their face.

Saving Grace
Saving Grace

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Saving Grace (Kindle Edition)
SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW
Sorry for the hints of plot and spoilers but to explain my rating I felt I needed to include examples.

I didn't quite understand Grace and couldn't weigh up some of her actions against her character. She is seemingly a confident woman, yes she started off timid on the arms of this great author husband Ted, but after 25 years of marriage she is known in her own right as a chef, as a charity board member. Even confident women stay with abusive husbands, that's not my problem, she puts up with his outbursts but when she leaves Patrick and considers going to back to the SOB husband, after all that he has done to her, I just don't get it.
I don't see the need for a recipe each time she cooks, this is not a cook book and I just skimmed past them.
The power of suggestion is strong, and to some degree Beth suggesting to Ted that Grace is ill would work but it doesn't explain the physical symptoms Grace had. The concoction of drugs she was eventually put on would have explained her tiredness but the anger and energy she displayed before hand doesn't make sense.
It may have been improved by hearing some of the plot from Beth's POV. Her actions are sinister but I'm not convinced by her as all we see is her pleasant and innocent persona. If we heard some of her plotting perhaps I'd have been drawn in by the character more.
Lastly, the ending. I wanted some sort of justice and I was left feeling deflated. I understand not everything has to be happy ever after but there was no punishment or humiliation for Beth.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20