Profile for Miss K. C. Fry > Reviews

Content by Miss K. C. Fry

Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
ABEL TRILOGY (Phoenix Club Volume 1)
ABEL TRILOGY (Phoenix Club Volume 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable start to a series, 8 Sept. 2014
I'm in between 3 and 4 stars for this book.
The books in this series are set around The Phoenix Club, a gay dance club, and the men working there. Abel is a dancer who has to go to the emergency room after being attacked. There he is examined by a doctor, Devlin, who there is instant attraction. Their paths collide again when Abel's sister is unwell and from then on, Devlin wants to spend more time with Abel.
The relationship between staff in the club is close, it reminds me a little of LA Witt's Market Garden series. The men look after each other like family but they also have open relationships with each other. Abel has sex with Gabriel and Cole and they are very protective of him.
At times the wording was a bit cheesy for me, Devlin did not sound like an intelligent young doctor and although it's a case of insta love, the rest of the plot rescues it. Overall an enjoyable story and I look forward to more on Kaplan, Maxwell, Gabriel and Cole.

The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles Book 1)
The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 8 Sept. 2014
One rough and ready mechanic meets smart and sophisticated doctor. Dylan sees Alec floundering when his ex is around and jumps in to help but in doing so they end up telling more and more lies. Dylan is straight and is unsure what his attraction to Alec means. With their friendship growing and other emotions surfacing, Dylan is left reconsidering how he really felt about a past friendship and Alec is trying to work out if stability and marriage really is the be all and end all.
I enjoyed the book and the overall story, they were an interesting couple but lacked the spark to make the book complete for me. A good read though.

Twisted Iron (Imperfect Metal Series Book 2)
Twisted Iron (Imperfect Metal Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars exciting read, 8 Sept. 2014
I've never read a book by T J Loveless and from the description I really wasn't sure what to expect but once I started I sat and read the book in one sitting, only pausing to get up and move from sofa to bed as it was already 1am!

How to describe the book - a Rambo like hero living in a small town, involved in a ranch war against neighbours and a mystery antagonist; he has the help of friends with influence or fighting prowess; he is trying to solve the mystery regarding his family history, all while reconnecting with an old school friend who has grown into a beautiful woman.

At the start of the book I was rather confused and wondered maybe if I had to have read the first book in the series to understand. I think reading book 1 would help you understand the relationship between Karen and Aiden and the previous involvement of his ex military friends but otherwise you can read this standalone.

Aiden is a hardened ex soldier and ex mercenary, he kills without remorse, switching off his emotions. Jillian is the opposite, she's an ER doctor, a lifesaver and struggles to deal with this side of 'Squirrel', the boy she knew when younger.

The mystery is compelling as we are drip fed his family history and the reason for the ranch war as he and his friends investigate. There is plenty of action, blood and gore. I'm trying to put my finger on what seemed bizarre about the story, I think it may be that he could kill so many people without there being any official comeback and also that the enemy continued to make weak efforts to attack despite having experienced how skilled he is with his knives, guns, machetes and any other weapon you could imagine. My issues with this did not stop me from enjoying the story and I actually revelled in it as each attacker bit the dust.

The violence eventually changes Jillian and she becomes withdrawn, jumpy and angry. Seeing her this way starts to affect Aiden's ability to go into the 'void' and ignore his feelings. Both Aiden and Jillian grow as characters, one learning to feel and the other hardening up, and they end up helping each other.

This is a slight departure from my usual reading, this is not romantic suspense but more an action thriller with an important relationship developing throughout. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and have downloaded the previous book to read despite it being out of order.

Committed: A Drug of Desire Novel
Committed: A Drug of Desire Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars so so read, 8 Sept. 2014
Damien is at a BSDM weekend, House Surrender, where he can indulge in his dominant urges without risk of being recognised, as a DEA officer he wants to keep his kink to himself. He meets Poppy, a challenge to him as she's a switch not purely a submissive. He is dragged away straight after they scene due to work which to Poppy is unforgivable.
To me, it seemed like Poppy being a switch was her trying to convince herself she wasn't purely submissive. Once she is with Damien, she naturally falls into the submissive role.
The story as a whole was enjoyable but I didn't feel the connection between Poppy and Damien, I wasn't convinced. Her friends were a little annoying rather than amusing.
This was an ok read but does not compel me to try other books by this author.

Take (Temptation Series Book 2)
Take (Temptation Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love, 6 Sept. 2014
Just as good as the first book, Try, but now I'm waiting on a cliff hanger for the last book, Top.

Throughout the book the story swaps between Logan and Tate's POVs so we get both sides of the new relationship. Tate is becoming more confident in what he wants and starts to initiate interactions with Logan and ask for what he wants on the physical side. On the emotional side, Logan also admits what he wants, that he wants more.
Their journey together is impeded by ex's and family but hopefully they are strong enough to survive. I love them as a couple; they are sizzling together when they're in bed and beautiful when simply holding hands or hugging.

No In Between (Inside Out Series Book 4)
No In Between (Inside Out Series Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars surprised story goes on but is written well, 1 Sept. 2014
I really enjoyed the first three main books in this series and then when I read the 3 short novellas after, from Chris and Marks’ POV’s, I thought maybe the series should have ended at book 3, with Ava admitting to be the murderer. Now having read this book, I’m glad the story is continuing

I can’t get enough of Chris and I like that he’s now becoming the strong and certain member of their relationship. With all his dirty laundry now aired (I’m assuming he’s been honest!), it’s now Sara that’s struggling with doubts and worries. Mark is flailing and I’m just waiting for him to crash and burn. He’s hyping up his usual arrogant and forceful nature to hide his pain but Sara and Chris can see through this facade and try to help. I look forward to seeing how his relationship with Crystal develops, she seems to be good for him. I also have a soft spot for Jacob, a small but important character, he’s loyal and trustworthy.

As for the plot, at the end of the book I’m still not certain we have the full truth regarding Rebecca’s death. Is Ryan involved? Is Ricco involved? What about the boy from the coffee shop? Is Amanda going to get hurt? I’m even questioning if Rebecca really is dead.
I look forward to the next part of the story and hopefully some answers.

Then & Now (The This & That Series Book 3)
Then & Now (The This & That Series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 31 Aug. 2014
Candace is widowed and has lost her positive outlook on life. She's just functioning as a mother and not doing anything for herself, becoming reliant on her family for support while distancing herself from friends she blames. Her new neighbour Mason is a young and virile cop. She struggles to understand why he would want to be lumbered by an older woman with 3 kids.
I got a little annoyed with Candace at times and at others I felt I needed to defend her. She let her family talk about her as if she wasn't there, letting them decide what was best for her. Mason made it clear over and over what he wanted, what he felt but she hurt him more than once by not admitting they were together in front of family and friends.
An ok short read.

Apples & Oranges (The This & That Series Book 2)
Apples & Oranges (The This & That Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok read, 31 Aug. 2014
Marisol and Demo are too alike and wind each other up by knowing exactly what to say to tick the other off. Her usual charms don't work on Demo and she doesn't take no for an answer from him, sees him as a challenge. They are fiery together and have many a stand off until they admit to each other there is attraction fuelling the tension between them.
An enjoyable, quick read.

Baby & Bump (The This & That Series Book 1)
Baby & Bump (The This & That Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars a sweet, innocent feeling love story, 31 Aug. 2014
Falling in love with your OB/GYN when you're pregnant with a fatherless baby, while he is dating your friend, your mother isn't happy you're going to be a single mum so tries to set you up and your friends are doing their best to find out who the father is........ Poor Lexie!
The budding relationship between Lexie and Fletch is sweet and touching, little actions shows he feels more for her than just professional friendship, his desire to comfort her when upset by her mother's meddling and keeping her company when she's ill. It's an innocent attraction, not sex driven, admiring each other from a friendly distance as he doesn't think he can breach patient/doctor relations and also she doesn't fit what he's always seen as a partner. There is teasing, joking and support from her two very different friends. Marisol is always honest and says it as it is but is balanced out by Candace's motherly like personality.
I thought the story was really sweet, great characters and a thoroughly enjoyable happy ever after read.

Under the Covers
Under the Covers

3.0 out of 5 stars happy few hours read, 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Under the Covers (Kindle Edition)
A sweet, easy read book about a romance between two people who hate what each other stands for: she hates journalists and he hates marriage counsellors and therapists. I liked her sisters and would have liked to see a bit more of them. The granny and the little girl were also fun characters adding some comedy to the story.
Decent plot and chemistry between the main characters make for a smile inducing afternoon read.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30