Profile for Katy > Reviews

Content by Katy

Katy "Katy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries Book 1)
Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic suspenseful romance, 11 Sept. 2015
I read Stylo Fantome's excellent and very successful Kane Trilogy and was excited to see where she would go next with her writing.

Marc and Lily form a two-part chain in smuggling blood diamonds out of Liberia and into Russia; Marc handles the confiscation of the diamonds and Lily is charged with transporting them to their destination.

With Marc's part of the job complete he is planning on a holiday but not before he has a brief one night liaison with the transporter Lily who needs to proceed with her task. Awakening ready to go their separate ways they are thrown into a desperate mission together to try to escape Liberia.

Now the very independent Marc and Lily who are accustomed to working alone are forced to combine strengths. They are accosted by material and human foes along the way as well as their intense lust for each other, testing their new teamwork to the limits.

The story flows easily and at an exciting pace. Descriptions of the characters and the terrains they cross make it easy to picture the scene and live the book. To accompany the thrill-seeking plot there are hot hot hot sex scenes between two scorching characters and witty lines flowing between the two.

Erotic and romantic suspense is a favourite genre for me and Stylo Fantome writes it excellently. I felt the buzz of adrenalin as the two characters fight their way out of Liberia towards Russia and was kept on the edge of my seat. Fantastic book and I look forward to the sequel.

Resist: Gavin (Sphere of Irony Book 3)
Resist: Gavin (Sphere of Irony Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to this series, 10 Aug. 2015
When I saw an opportunity to read Resist I jumped at the chance. I enjoyed Ricochet by the author and wanted to read more by her.

This is the third book in the Sphere of Irony series about the members of the aforementioned band. Books 1 and 2 were about Adam and Dex who grew up together in a poor an crime ridden area of London. Book 3 and book 4, yet to be published, are about Gavin and Hawke the two remaining members of the band.

Resist can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend the previous books, not just because they're great, but because there are hints at the Gavin we get to know better in this book. In book 1 Gavin was portrayed as the cool, calm surfer dude, then in book 2 it became clear that some of that was a front and he wasn't as happy as he seemed.

In book 3 he's nervous, on edge, snappy and difficult to work with but its understandable considering he has a stalker whose behaviour is escalating. In comes Mitch, ex-FBI turned security consultant and they wind each other up from their first meeting. Gavin is instantly attracted to him and is snappy because of that and in turn Mitch is annoyed by the childish tantrums Gavin has.

The plot follows the increasing threat of the stalker and the sexual tension between Gavin and Mitch.

It's not often a writer composes a series containing both MF and MM storylines; most seem to stick to one or other. Heather writes both relationships equally well, creating realistic characters you can picture easily as you read.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this series so far. I've become embroiled in the world of Sphere of Destiny and am now a total groupie. I look forward to Hawke's story being published and I'm also off to try other books by Heather C. Leigh.

Enjoy!

Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, and Devotion Book 1)
Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, and Devotion Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 8 July 2015
This is a GFY storyline where both parties have shown no attraction to men before.
Since his wife died Evan has moved through his daily life like a zombie, food and sleep are no longer high priority, he just needs to survive. He meets Matt at a colleague's retirement party. Matt is also disillusioned with life after he left the police force which was everything to him. Seeing a shared sense of loss, albeit for different reasons, these men become friends.
They're both surprised when their feelings morph into more than friendship and don't know how or whether they should take it further.
I've read this series twice now and end up both smiling and crying. Seeing Matt and Evan develop is both beautiful and heart wrenching. There some great characters on the sideline too.
This is a fantastic mm contemporary romance.

Guilty Reprieve
Guilty Reprieve

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 Stars at a stretch, 8 July 2015
This review is from: Guilty Reprieve (Kindle Edition)
The plot moved too quickly for everything that was happening. The chatter between Trevor & Michel was rather jovial considering the dire & stressful situation. We are shown a vulnerable young man who avoids attention but then he's suddenly an sexually aggressive character.
The ending, again, was too rapid to cover such a convoluted plot.

Secret
Secret

4.0 out of 5 stars another hit by Kindle Alexander, 8 July 2015
This review is from: Secret (Kindle Edition)
I see a new release by Kindle Alexander and I jump for joy, so when I got a chance to join a blog tour I was thrilled.

As I now expect from Kindle, the main characters are genuine and believable. Tristan is attracted to Dylan but knows it's complicated by Dylan's marriage. The patience Tristan shows is admiral. Dylan lives a lonely existence and I can sense his pain at hiding such an important part of himself.

As always, a heartfelt story by the wonderful Kindle Alexander showing the honour, strength and love of two great men.

Her Unexpected Hero (The Unexpected Hero Series Book 1)
Her Unexpected Hero (The Unexpected Hero Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars For those who love The Billionaire Bachelors series, 8 July 2015
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars.

This series is in the same vein as The Billionaire Bachelors series and indeed features in a minor way characters from the series.
If you're looking for a certain HEA with a little angst, plotting parents and a stubborn confirmed bachelor you will enjoy this series.

New Year in Manhattan (The Empire State Series Book 3)
New Year in Manhattan (The Empire State Series Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 8 July 2015
If you enjoy more sex than plot then this series will be perfect for you. My approximation is 80% sex and 20% plot.
I enjoy character development and a more substantial plot so it wasn't quite to my taste.

A Week in New York (The Empire State Series Book 1)
A Week in New York (The Empire State Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 8 July 2015

The Empire State Series: A Week in New York, Autumn in London, New Year in Manhattan

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 8 July 2015

Layers Trilogy Box Set (featuring prequel Dazzled by Silver)
Layers Trilogy Box Set (featuring prequel Dazzled by Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Set aside a weekend and get reading this fantastic series, 28 May 2015
DAZZLED BY SILVER (prequel) - Exciting and steamy hot.

Gabe is the perfect mix of romantic and sexy for me. He sends Sam flowers to work, he obviously cares and wants to protect her and his sexy texts and flirting is thrilling. She gives as good as she gets, flirting back with as much passion.
Once I found out who Gabe was I questioned whether his interaction with Sam was just to keep her nearby and safe and to help him keep Kendra safe too but later in the story it becomes clear that he wants her. He becomes very protective and realises seeing her even with Kendra gets him jealous. The sex scene with Kendra and Sam is exciting but the one between all three of them near the pool is panty wetting good.Around all the lust and love is the storyline which brings all the characters together. Kendra obviously has kept secrets from Sam, dangerous secrets and her ex Tristan and his security company want to help; Kendra is rejecting the help. She is forced to accept it when Sam is threatened too.

The finale of this book leaves you on tenterhooks as to what's next after he receives a phone call bringing bad news.

LAYERS DEEP (BOOK 1) -

We had a sneak peek at Tristan in bk 0.5 of this trilogy but we only got some very basic info, having read that I definitely wanted to know more about him and what happened with Kendra.

Allie is a strong, confident, no nonsense woman who doesn't need a man in her life; Tristan doesn't want a woman in his life after the scars of his past with Kendra. He wants to recruit for his company from the police recruits where he first sees Allie, or so we thought, he however has already researched her and decided she's the woman he needs. Tristan doesn't know it but she had decided long ago she needed to work for Cross so she can avenge the death of her father, to destroy the man who ruined her mother's life.
I won't spoil what happens but she doesn't apply for the job outright, but eventually she's employed.
The understated tension between Allie and Tristan is potent. She tries to resist as bedding her boss isn't a good idea is it? But, they can't keep their hands off each other. They come to the agreement of no strings attached. Yeah right, eh?
She is involved in the mission to rescue Kendra who at the end of the previous book has just gone missing.
Just as the first book leaves you on a cliff hanger with Kendra being reported missing, the end of this book pushes you to pick up the next. Tristan's actions at the end of the book had me shouting b*****d and quickly downloading book 2.

LAYERS PEELED (BOOK 2) -

I downloaded this as soon as I finished books 0.5 and 1, both finished on cliffhangers forcing me to find out what happens next.

I really like these characters, strong people with weaknesses they try to put behind them. Allie's past comes back to haunt her in this book despite Tristan's efforts to keep her safe. She has a surprise, or two, for Tristan and their personal relationship continues to develop, the lust from the previous book still evident I assure you. The plot started in bk 0.5 continues along side Allie's history.
A great mix of romance, excitement, plot and lust.
Emma, Laura and Julian become more prominent in this book, they're interesting characters and I hope to find out more about them.

LAYERS OFF (BOOK 3) -

Based on the previous 3 books, I hated Kendra, so, knowing this book centred around her I was dubious to say the least. I was wrong.

All we have known about Kendra before now is that she is a manipulative drug addict who has caused no end of pain and suffering to Tristan and Julian and caused havoc in the lives of many others. This book starts with her being looked after by Julian after her escape from the kidnappers. She isn't eating, drinking, speaking, she wants to die. The author explains Kendra's thoughts excellently, a clear understanding of what the desperation of depression and suicidal feelings is like.

We learn about how she met Julian and Tristan and how she ended up in a destructive relationship with Tristan. Coming down from all the drugs she was fed while kidnapped, she keeps dreaming of and getting flashbacks of events she can't recall happening but they are so real. She finds she has talents she never knew about and starts to unwrap her past and her childhood with startling findings.

There's a good plot with twists, excitement, Kendra and Julian are together as they should have always been, Julian telling her many times "I got you" and lose ends from previous books are dealt with well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20