Profile for KolnBrit > Reviews

Content by KolnBrit

KolnBrit

Freecom 33976 2TB Hard Drive XS USB 2.0 3.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black
Freecom 33976 2TB Hard Drive XS USB 2.0 3.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after 2.5 years, used only 6-10 times during this period., 23 Nov 2013
This is a shame.... I remember doing a lot of research at the time re the best HD drives on the market and freedom always got excellent reviews. But now I realise that they are only build to last 2.5 years. Very disappointing, especially when I only used this drive every few months. So it's been used no more than 6 - 10 times.

Spoke to freedom, they shrug their shoulders and say, sorry, out of warranty mate. End of. All data lost, HD in bin.

Not impressed. My next drive will not be a freedom :(

Diamond Star Halo
Diamond Star Halo
by Tiffany Murray
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Diamond Star Halo (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, and that's a lot coming from me! :) I'm usually more engrossed in a movie than novel, but this one had me engaged from start to finish. Recommended!

App Empire: Make Money, Have a Life, and Let Technology Work for You
App Empire: Make Money, Have a Life, and Let Technology Work for You
Price: 10.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but there are better, 20 July 2012
This book is a very easy read, the author is personable and has a clear friendly approach. That said, once you've gotten through all the antidotes and padding, and there are pages and pages of them, there is very little there. The book starts by explaining what an iPhone is and now apps relate to this product, something most would already know! I would hope! (if not, give up now)... and finishes by telling you where you can "now" sell your app empire for millions of dollars! If only it were that easy. Sure, it left me feeling charged up and capable of anything, but its a good sales pitch..... its the standard "I was once like you, poor, frustrated and working in a job I hate and now, look at me I'm RICH" ......"read this book and you will be too" How this got so many 5 Star reviews is beyond me, Chad must have many friends! : )

If you're serious and I mean serious about creating an app empire and want some solid well thought out advice, with structure and guidance. Then buy "iPhone and iPad Apps Marketing: Secrets to Selling Your iPhone and iPad Apps" I'm about 20 pages into it and have already filled out a notepad with useful information..... in comparison I took one idea from App Empire.

iPhone Application Development For Dummies
iPhone Application Development For Dummies
Price: 14.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Packed full of errors and unreadable in places, 30 May 2012
I can only speak for this version of the book as I'm told by Wiley that a revised one is currenty being produced. No idea when it will be released though.

The current version on sale now, May 30th, its packed full of errors, spelling mistakes, grammar problems and general gobbledygoook! I would not recommend buying this book until a new version is release.

Many thanks to Amazon for a no questions refund when I asked for one - ref this problem.