Profile for I. Blatherwick > Reviews

Content by I. Blatherwick

I. Blatherwick "Iain Canary" (Notts)

The Body [Blu-ray]
The Body [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Oriol Paulo
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Body [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I never review films, but we have just finished watching this and I can't remember when I last enjoyed a psychological thriller as much - almost perfect, with a punch the air ending. Just buy it.

White Noise Sound [VINYL]
White Noise Sound [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Revolution Pt 2, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: White Noise Sound [VINYL] (Vinyl)
On first listen, I was a bit concerned at how much the first song, Sunset, was like Revolution by Spacemen 3, which is a bit contrary of me as it was Peter Kember/Sonic Boom's involvement which drew me to this in the first place. I shouldn't have worried as this album then takes that Playing with Fire sound to somewhere entirely their own. Well worth tracking down. Just one quick word of warning, if you buy the vinyl, even if it is on lovely purple vinyl, it only has 6 of the tracks, which is the reason for only 4 stars. Nowhere else seemed to mention this, and having tracked down the other songs they are worth having and do add to how fantastic overall this album is.

Harvester
Harvester
Offered by thebookcommunity

4.0 out of 5 stars Give this a chance.., 25 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Harvester (Audio CD)
There are two reasons I didn't give this much of a chance when it first came out:-
1) Covers albums seem a little pointless when you only know one of the originals; and
2) The one song I did know - I'm Stranded by The Saints - is such a favorite that the slightly throwaway cover here was a bit of a disappointment,
but for some reason I picked it up again and since then it has barely been off the stereo (and there haven't been too many of those this year). Altitude was a bit hit and miss last year (if only they had taken the time to re-record it with the fantastic line-up which subsequently toured it, then it might have been different) so to me this is the first time the revitalised Aeroplanes have really hit their stride..and it is not that far behind Beatsongs or Swagger - honestly.

Anyway, its now time for me to track down the original versions and do the covers album thing in reverse!

Iain

PS Gerard - if you ever read this - I'm still owed a trip to New York - remember Lime Lizard?!