Profile for Mr. A. F. Whitmore > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. F. Whitmore

Mr. A. F. Whitmore (Coventry, England)

Olympus VG-160 ( 14.5 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Olympus VG-160 ( 14.5 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars New Olympus after the Olympics !, 25 Sept. 2012
After having being 'dipped' in London I lost my treasured Olympus VG130 during the Olympics I had no hesitation in buying an Olympus replacement at a similar price - I am most certainly not disappointed ! The Olympus VG160 has a few more features than the VG130 which I have found quite interesting and useful.

My PC "Windows 7" readily recognises the VG160 and they do seem to 'get on together' quite well and between them, once plugged in, handle the downloads for you - 'easy peasy' ! - - For a 75 year 'youngster'-that's got to be good !

Logitech C310 HD Webcam
Logitech C310 HD Webcam

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Beauty !, 5 Sept. 2012
My PC repair expert and friend recommended this Logitech C310HD Webcam; I thought, "I'm not going to get much for £25; Oh well -here goes !"
I was so wrong! - How does that tiny lens produce such a good clear sharp image in addition to excellent audio without the bother of a headset.
I have been in touch with our friend in Costa Rica on Skype who tells me the image is so clear she can almost count each hair on my eyebrows and - tell me about the pictures on the wall in the background !!

Appointment In London [1953] [DVD]
Appointment In London [1953] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dirk Bogarde
Offered by dvdGOLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Appointment in London, 28 Feb. 2011
I have this film already but I bought this copy for a friend who like me is a BBMF Supporter and a 'Hopeless Lancaster Nut' !

Knowing a couple of Lancaster crew 'vets' well into in their 80's and listening to their 'adventures', both frightening and amusing, I feel this film is a true depiction of those WW2 days in a Bomber Command squadron.

( Hands up all those who knew that Kenneth Wolstenholm (TV Sports Commentator) was a Master Bomber in the Pathfinders? My mate, who was a bombardier used to chat to him every night over the target ! )

Look out for the continuity slip - As the taxi drives up The Mall taking the crew to Buckingham Palace - there is a mid-1950's Vauxhall travelling from left to right !
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 11:08 PM BST

Treasure Island [DVD] [1950]
Treasure Island [DVD] [1950]
Dvd ~ Bobby Driscoll
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars "Aha - Jim Lad !", 19 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Treasure Island [DVD] [1950] (DVD)
I saw this film when it first appeared at my local 'flea pit' - I loved every moment of the adventure and still love it some 58 years later ! The part of Long John Silver BELONGED to Dorset born Robert Newton, a wonderful actor; I understand he had a 'problem with the bottle' - perhaps with this and possessing that rich West Country dialect he fitted into it like wearing an old shoe.