Profile for Anita J > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Voyages of the Princess Matilda
The Voyages of the Princess Matilda
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Tears, laughter and adventure. Well worth a read., 27 July 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed every page of this book. I have laughed out loud and wiped away tears as I've read about Shane and Timothy Spall's adventures on board Princess Matilda. Shane writes so well and you can feel her pain and lonliness when she describes Tim's Leukaemia. I really enjoyed hearing about the town's and cities they visited on their way to Wales and some of the people and characters they came across. I'm certainly more aware of how dangerous and unpredictable the ocean is now. You'll love this couple by the end of this book. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab bag., 21 April 2014
This bag is perfect for use at the gym and for swimming but would also make a great overnight bag. It's roomy and stylish and has a lovely big pocket on the front of it. I love the look of this bag and it's extremely practical yet looks good. I would definitely recommend buying one.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read., 13 Mar 2014
Highly recommend this book, it's a fab read and you won't want it to end. George and Ben embark on an end to end trip of Britain with literally just their boxer shorts and not a penny of cash. Their story of blagging, sheer hard work and determination has restored my faith in humankind. The kindness shown to Ben and George is heart warming and hilarious at times. If you want a funny, interesting and different read then this is the book for you. Can I just say to Ben and George that not all Shropshire people are tight and I would have gladly cooked you and your family a roast dinner!!

Road to Rouen
Road to Rouen
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!!, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
If you only do one sensible thing today, make it buying this book. It's a great read about Ben and his family taking a road trip to France. It reminds me a bit of a Bill Bryson book only funnier and involving the whole family. If you've got children you will relate to a lot of the things Ben's children say and do! I loved reading about the different places the family visited and some of the scrapes they got into will bring a smile to your face along with the odd tear or two. I looked forward to picking this book up everyday and having a read, it felt like I was on the road trip with them, living the ups and downs in France. Be warned by the end of this book you will care about Ben, his wife and his children and will want more.

David Jason: My Life
David Jason: My Life
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Jan 2014
This is the best biography I've ever read. David Jason's style of writing keeps you gripped the whole way through the book. It's a humorous and interesting look at his life with some sad times too. Worth buying.

The P45 Diaries
The P45 Diaries
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The P45 Diaries (Kindle Edition)
This book is both funny and sad and reminds me of a more grown up Adrian Mole. You can't help but care for Jay and his family. Well worth a read. Ben Hatch is an amazing writer who hits the mark every time.

Diner Dash (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Diner Dash (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Jan 2014
Lots of levels and more involved than the DS version. Highly recommended. Worth every penny and each level worth purchasing.

Before I Sleep
Before I Sleep
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Before I Sleep (Audio CD)
Excellent CD with great varying songs. Beautiful, enchanting voice, easy to listen to. Well worth buying and worth the money. Really enjoyed it.

Key Words: 3c Let me write
Key Words: 3c Let me write
by W. Murray
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Aug 2012
The Peter and Jane books are wonderful, in my opinion you cannot use better books to teach children to read. My son was struggling to read with the books provided by school but once I bought the Peter and Jane series he was well away. His reading has really come on and he really enjoys the stories and the pictures. The pictures are dated but I think that's part of the fascination for him. Since I purchased this book (and the rest of the set) my son will actually ask me if he can read, where as before it was such a struggle to get him interested in reading. Would definitely recommend this book, especially, if like me you have got nowhere with Chip, Biff and Kipper!

Beautiful Baby Boy's Small Wooden Keepsake Box Christening Gift
Beautiful Baby Boy's Small Wooden Keepsake Box Christening Gift
Offered by Treasured Gifts For You
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful gift, 15 Aug 2012
This is a beautiful box, perfect as a christening gift. It's solid and sturdy and very attractive. Would recommend buying this.

Page: 1 | 2