Profile for C. Watson > Reviews

The Sims 4 - Standard Edition
The Sims 4 - Standard Edition
Offered by Turbotrance

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disapointment, 14 Dec. 2014
Just wanna say first of all that there are so many fake positive reviews on here so watch out for them.
I have been a total Sims nut for over a decade and this game has got to be the biggest kick in the teeth. All the points I have to make are the same as what others have already stated. They are as follows...
In comparison to Sims 3, the textures are sub-par. There is no create-a-style mode anymore so there are only a handful of decorating and create-a-sim clothing options available to you. The camera angles are now much more restricted, not allowing you to pivot the camera on the Y axis any longer. The neigbourhoods are bland and tiny. You can now only pick three traits for your sim, there are no toddlers anymore and the teen, young adult and adult stages are far too similar.
All of this stuff has been done in favour of making the game run smoother, but it runs terribly with frequent loading screens.
There are only two pros that I could really identify - you can now adjust wall height in build mode, and your sims can multitask.
That's it.
What a let down.

Great Value And Quality Skin Care Tools Set With Whiteheads / Blackheads / Acne Pimples Removers / Comedones Extractors By VAGA
Offered by VAGA SHOP UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this all the time now. It's far ..., 13 Dec. 2014
I use this all the time now. It's far more hygenic than using your fingers, and it's helping me to keep my acne under control.

Byron DB301 30m Wireless Portable Door Chime Kit with 1 Sound
Byron DB301 30m Wireless Portable Door Chime Kit with 1 Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars I have the two pieces about 3 metres from one another and the wireless connection works fine. Its nice and loud, 13 Dec. 2014
Does the trick. I have the two pieces about 3 metres from one another and the wireless connection works fine. Its nice and loud, can hear it through the fire door. The button lights up when you push it too, which is a nice touch!

Terracotta Stripe Cheap Non slip Machine Washable Entrance Mat Luna - 9 sizes available

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Dec. 2014
So far we've had this as our entrymat in our hallway for a year and its managing alright!

Set of 3 Ribbed Microfibre Tea Towels Assorted Colours Pink Blue Green
Set of 3 Ribbed Microfibre Tea Towels Assorted Colours Pink Blue Green
Offered by Bargains 4 Ever

1.0 out of 5 stars completely useless., 13 Dec. 2014
Aren't absorbent at all, completely useless.

Frameless Wall-mounting Clip Frames Size A2 Photograph Poster Acrylic Glass (Different Sizes Available A1,A3,A4 and more, see inside)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty cheap looking, 13 Dec. 2014
You get what you pay for. It's pretty cheap looking, but I'm only using it for a photo collage to be hung on the wall at university. It also arrived with a chip in the corner.

Slate Placemat and Coaster Set
Slate Placemat and Coaster Set
Offered by SelectiveGoods

2.0 out of 5 stars They look nice, but because the surfaces are uneven your plate ..., 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Slate Placemat and Coaster Set
bits chip and break off of the edges all the time. They look nice, but because the surfaces are uneven your plate rattles around on them.

tinkertonk MEASURE FITNESS PERSONAL BODY FAT TESTER CALIPERS WITH MANUAL & CHARTS TESTER

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 13 Dec. 2014
cheap, flimsy plastic. Snapped almost instantly.

Thief (Xbox 360)
Thief (Xbox 360)
Offered by S6 entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR Disappointment, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Thief (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I loved the old Thief games and I really couldn't wait for this relaunch! But it has truly fallen flat.
There are many, many problems with this game, too many to cover in this review, but there are 3 major, main issues:

1. The story - There are so many things that are unexplained and it doesn't make any sense! There are so many 'wtf!?' moments, if you don't believe me, just listen to the reactions of the people doing walk-through videos online. It's a supernatural story-line, and not a good one either, I, for one, was kind of hoping for something more sneaky-criminal/stealth/heist based. Hardly any part of the game is actually spent stealing anything, despite the title of the franchise, and when you do steal things it's petty theft of stuff like cups. And, despite the highly publicized game-play videos with Garrett using his bow, you hardly use the bow at ALL.

2. The controls - One minute Garrett can climb a wall, the next minute he won't jump over a box. One minute he won't drop down from a ledge, the next minute he'll fall off a roof and die. This is incredibly, incredibly frustrating.

3. The map - the 'city' isn't open world, so pretty much every time you cross a street you are faced with a loading screen. This doesn't seem that bad at first, but all that waiting really adds up. If you're impatient, like me, when you have to move from one side of the city to the other it can be so annoying you want to hurl your controller at the console. If they managed open-world in other games on this platform then I don't see why they couldn't have done that for this game, even just for the city alone.

Oh and perhaps a quick number 4, it is constantly NIGHT TIME. So unless you are playing in a darkened room on a really good television, you will really struggle to see a lot of the detail on the screen. All in all the whole game was a bit of a kick in the gonads. I'm surprised I even finished it, it just wasn't an engaging or exciting game to play at all.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360)
Offered by Beat The Bomb

5.0 out of 5 stars As a diehard SP fan I am IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME, 17 Mar. 2014
If you aren't a massive fan of SP then you may not love the game as much as the rest of us do, 'cause it is jam-packed FULL of references to pretty much everything that has ever happened in South Park EVER, which some people may not get, or even notice.
The game is visually amazing, it truly looks and feels just like an episode of South Park, and I still get a little kick out of seeing my character in the cut-scenes standing alongside all the SP boys =]
The open-world game-play works brilliantly, it's easy to move around with quick and smooth loading. Its really cool to see the whole of South Park mapped out for the first time ever, too!
Oh, and as Skyrim is possibly my favourite game on the planet (I know it's Trey's, too), I'll just say that all of the references to it in this game win extra Kudos from me as well.
The only thing I would criticize is that the game feels very short. I finished the main quest and all the side quests within a weekend. I dunno, perhaps that's because I have no life though...still, in comparison to other games it did feel like it was over very quickly.
A WORD OF WARNING - There is a LOT of shock humour and gross-out humour, so you know, definitely steer clear of this game if you are easily offended or have ever been truly offended by an episode of SP. I would even go as far as to say this game contains content a lot worse than I've seen in a lot of episodes of SP hahaha! So yeah, just bear that in mind :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6