Profile for Nihcaj > Reviews

Content by Nihcaj

Nihcaj (Coventry, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Ground Coffee 227 g (Pack of 3)
Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Ground Coffee 227 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, I Suppose, 2 Mar 2014
Have had various other Taylor's coffees previously and I have a mostly decent opinion of them when used with a cafetiere, so when there was neither my everyday favourite Cafedirect espresso or any Lavazzo Rosso available, this seemed a good option to try. Immediately thought it was a little coarsely ground for espresso machine - I was right as the water flowed though a bit fast and even when tamped down harder than usual it produced a very mediocre espresso, so much so that first time I inadvertently drowned it with milk (as Cappuccino, it turned out more milky than Latte) so subsequently I had to make more what I suppose you would call a Macchiato which worked to a degree especially if I over load the basket a little to give a heavier bodied espresso first and so that the water flowed slower through the grounds. I can't call it unpleasant used this way, just don't think I will be buying it again.

One For All URC7962 Smartcontrol Motion Remote
One For All URC7962 Smartcontrol Motion Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Best replacement remote I have had, 15 Feb 2014
One slight negative, the "Smartmotion" is annoying - knock it and it mutes the sound, but it is easy to turn off. Good solid feel to it, it is quick to set up, works with a variety of equipment old and new, easy learning ability means 100% compatibility for lesser used buttons, OK not every button is in the ideal place, but you soon get used to it. For the 13 quid I paid at the time, it is a steal, I would have paid more though, and I see the price has risen substantially since I bought it!

Tala Hamburger Press
Tala Hamburger Press

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, 15 Feb 2014
Use with clingfilm or thin plastic bags to stop it sticking, meat in, press: it's a burger! More even, quicker and less messy than moulding by hand. Only way it could be better is with a slight depression in the centre, as I find burgers cook better that way.

Egg Piercer
Egg Piercer
Offered by HOME DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as one I had, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Egg Piercer
Works, bit fiddly and not as good as the old one I had, (but the plastic on that cracked and can't find one the same!) but does the job even though you get the feeling you are going to bust the egg.

UK Micro USB Power Supply Charger For Raspberry Pi - 5V 1500mA
UK Micro USB Power Supply Charger For Raspberry Pi - 5V 1500mA
Offered by The Pi Hut

4.0 out of 5 stars FIne, 28 Jan 2014
Perhaps would have been happier with a separate detachable mini USB cable for better versatility, but otherwise works fine, (not much more to be said, but Amazon requires longer posts!)

New IT Remote for Pi Media Centres
New IT Remote for Pi Media Centres
Offered by New IT limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, 28 Jan 2014
Functional, mouse action not brilliant, but got it to be mainly used with Openelec/XBMC on a Rasberry Pi so will use the lower up/down & left right keys more instead of the "mouse." Something worth knowing - if you intend ONLY to use it with Openelec version of XBMC, you can use your TV remote control to operate the functions if your TV supports HDMI-CEC (modern TVs), so you might not need one at all once you have set it all up using a USB keyboard. Also try Yatse on Android devices & (I believe iPhone too)

Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Offered by NowView

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but screws let it down, 28 Jan 2014
It's the second Raspberry Pi case I have bought, this one is a little bigger than the previous, as it covers the various ports a little more than that one. It is fine, the problems being that the screws are ridiculously over-long, take quite a bit screwing in and I suspect won't take kindly to being unscrewed and refitted many times.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 10 Jan 2014
Lots of things to use one for, but I have it as NAS & basic DLNA server with a 3Tb USB drive, lots of advice out there on setting it up, I am not a skilled Linux user, had only dabbled a bit with Ubuntu before but it was easy enough - OK it's a bit slow, but cheap and adequate for my purposes and once the mass of main files were backed up using USB the network is then quick enough to do the smaller updates keeping my data and also media files backed up and available to TVs and PC on my network, it is silent with low power use and certainly better than the useless Buffalo NAS drive I had before!

Can also boot it into OpenElec (or RaspBMC) and that works so well it also spurred me into putting a version on a PC (available for most OS's) as the choice of add-ons available are amazing :-)

Black Case For The Raspberry Pi
Black Case For The Raspberry Pi
Offered by NORDPC

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 26 Dec 2013
It was cheap, functional and everything fits and delivered quickly, colour means it's near invisible behind my TV where it houses a Raspberry Pi which, with a USB HD acts as a NAS drive fro my media files.

TRENDnet TPL-308E2K 200 Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter (Pack of 2)
TRENDnet TPL-308E2K 200 Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Dec 2013
Cheap, quieter than the TP-Link units I also have (they whine/whistle!) and they work fine with them. Very small size, indicator lights are not too annoying like some.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3