Profile for Karenmc > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 23 Feb 2014
I read this book and enjoyed every page. The way it was written was at first a bit distracting as it was old fashioned but I soon got used to it. I really felt for Solomon and his celebs at being wrenched fro his family were really felt. It's hard to believe how cruel the masters were to their slaves. The author was good at describing all the different characters so that you got a real sense of what they were like. I went and saw the film after I had read the book and whilst enjoyable I enjoyed the book far more.

Trust Your Eyes
Trust Your Eyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Trust Your Eyes (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of Linwood Barclay's books and always enjoy them. I wouldn't say this was one of his better ones but I still enjoyed it. I went from not being sure how I felt about Thomas but towards the end I felt sorry for him and started to like him. I also liked the way that Ray went from finding his brother to be a nuisance to actually respecting him for who he was in the end. He story had a few twists and kept me hooked to the end.

The Confusion of Karen Carpenter
The Confusion of Karen Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 23 Feb 2014
I absolutely loved this book. It made me laugh and it made me cry. The character Michael I could really empathise with as my husband went through a similar thing but luckily he got through it. Karen is great and I really felt for her. This book generally is uplifting but although sad as well doesn't bring you down like some books. I would highly recommend this book.

Hotel K: The Shocking Inside Story of Bali's Most Notorious Jail
Hotel K: The Shocking Inside Story of Bali's Most Notorious Jail

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 23 Feb 2014
Shocking is a good word to describe the harsh reality of Hotel K. It's unbelievable that the guards are mostly as corrupt as the prisoners. In fact I would say they are worse, at least the prisoners are honest about who they are. The inmates are treated appallingly and the powers that be should be ashamed of themselves. Animals get treated better. Whilst people are sent to prison as punishment they should all be treated equally. It was upsetting reading how poor prisoners are not valued because they can't offer anything to the guards yet worse criminals with money are treated like royalty. What did surprise me is that despite the Inhumane conditions several of the prisoners go back in after reoffending. Anyone thinking of drug trafficking should read this book. It may actually put them off from taking the risk. No amount of money is worth the risk of getting caught and ending up in Hotel K

The Realm of Possibility
The Realm of Possibility
by David Levithan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Jan 2014
My daughter asked for this book as she was recommended it. She found it hard to put down and said it is a really good book to read.

AS-Level Sociology AQA Complete Revision & Practice
AS-Level Sociology AQA Complete Revision & Practice
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect study guide, 18 Jan 2014
Perfect book to help my daughter who is studying this at college. She says it is really helpful guide for her exam revision.

AQA AS Government & Politics Student Unit Guide New Edition: Unit 1 People, Politics and Participation
by Paul Fairclough

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study guide, 18 Jan 2014

The Lumineers
The Lumineers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
Bought this cd for my 70 year old Dad and he loves it. I and my daughter also love it too

Casio Gold Plated Ladies Digital Bracelet Watch LA670WEGA-9EF
Casio Gold Plated Ladies Digital Bracelet Watch LA670WEGA-9EF
Offered by tictocwatches

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, poor packaging, 18 Jan 2014
The watch was just what my daughter wanted. I bought one last Christmas off Amazon for her which she unfortunately lost due to a broken catch. The first watch came in a gift box but this year the watch was just wrapped in bubble wrap. I wasn't happy as I was buying it as a gift. Luckily, my daughter still had the box from last years present so I was able to put the new one in that box and wrap it up without my daughter knowing. So, nice watch but poorly packaged.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3