Profile for CathE > Reviews

Content by CathE

CathE (Hitchin, Herts, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 4 Feb. 2016
Perfect for Raspberry Pi projects. Quick delivery.

Conversations with Spirits
Conversations with Spirits
by E. O. Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic first novel, 14 Mar. 2014
A colleague put me on to this book, saying it sounded interesting. So, my curiosity aroused, I got hold of a copy. I was drawn in from the first chapter and I finished it in record time - an indication of how compelling it is. E O's language is beautifully chosen to be evocative of the period and settings and his characterisation engaging. Topped off with a compelling plot, what's not to like? It's left me wondering, when can we expect a sequel?

Alf: Season One [DVD] [1987] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Alf: Season One [DVD] [1987] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 11 Nov. 2004
Well, we've been waiting for this for YEARS ... but it's been well worth it. The DVD menus are excellent - with all-new ALF footage introducing each episode and presenting a unique piece to camera on each disk. I already had just under half the first season on hard-sought video and to be able to purchase the remaining episodes in one go to complete the collection is fantastic! I never caught season one on TV back in the 80s as I came in around the start of the excellent season two, so I am savouring each new episode on this DVD box set - trying not to watch too many in one go. Let's hope that season two is not another ten years in the making ...

Living the Story: What it Was Like to be There - Dramas That Bring the Bible Alive
by Judith Rossall

4.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested. Very usable., 2 Nov. 2003
A Christian drama sketch book with 17 scripts that you can easily stage in a service of worship. As you read them you can tell by the quality of writing that they have been tried and tested - as claimed by the author.
A good blend of monologues and casts of up to 4 actors, the scripts vary in length from short to the quite long. The highlights for me are "No harm done?", a two-hander between Nathan and his wife as he wrestles with how to tell King David that God disapproves of his adultery, and "Yes, Your Excellency", in which a civil servant owing a lot to Sir Humphrey Appleby tries to convince Pilate to co-operate with the chief priests over plans for Jesus' death.
A must for any church's drama group.