Profile for Julia Aspin > Reviews

Content by Julia Aspin

Julia Aspin

CERVICAL COLLAR , Unisex Soft Foam for Comfort and Support, MEDIUM, (P&P 99p)
CERVICAL COLLAR , Unisex Soft Foam for Comfort and Support, MEDIUM, (P&P 99p)
Offered by Prolineonline

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 26 Mar. 2015
Exactly as described. Comfortable. Just what I needed, why pay more.

Lenovo G50-70 15.6-inch Notebook (Black) - (Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Integrated Graphics, HDMI, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 8 Jan. 2015
Excellent value - purchased in the sale. It arrived on time. So far I'm delighted and I have no problems with Windows 8.1 even as a very senior user!

Gigaset A420A Twin DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black
Gigaset A420A Twin DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 9 Nov. 2013
I purchased this set when I moved into a small cottage. It was intended to get me a phone to start off with and my plan was to do more research and buy something better later on. However the batteries last a long time before recharging is needed so one handset upstairs and one down are sufficient and I now plan to keep this set. Very good value!

Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay item but....., 15 Dec. 2012
I bought this to replace my old slow cooker which is not smart enough to take to the table. The first one arrived with a dent due to bad packaging. Amazon replaced it promptly. My main complaint is that it is incredibly slow to heat up. This means that if you want to start it on high and then turn down to low and go out, you have to prepare the food at least one hour before you go. If you start it on low and go out you will need to allow at least 5 hours cooking time. As you can imagine this is not particularly convenient. I get around this problem by heating my food in a saucepan and then transferring it but I don't appreciate the extra washing up. Come on Morphy Richards you can do better than this!

Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - With Special Offers [Previous Generation]

4.0 out of 5 stars delighted, 15 Dec. 2012
I treated myself to this when it was £99. It's very clear to read and I like the idea of being able to check my emails from a hotspot and avoid the cost of a smart phone. I would have rated it 5 stars if a proper printed quick start guide had been included. Although it's quite intuitive, that's only the case if you are used to modern gadgets and I can imagine some elderly folk needing help. It would be a wonderful gift for someone who is in hospital, much easier and more fun to read in bed than a book.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars A quality item but sizing?????, 15 Dec. 2012
I ordered a large men's (usual size) for my husband who has a 42" chest and long arms. This jumper was massive and would have fitted a 46-48" chest easily. Sadly I had to return the item. However the quality was very good but I decided not to risk getting a replacement in time for Xmas and bought one on the high street.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 15 Dec. 2012
I love this colour and the men's medium fits me well (female size UK16), arm length perfect too. I've ordered another in a different colour.

Secret Anchorages of Brittany (Imray)
Secret Anchorages of Brittany (Imray)
by Peter Cumberlidge

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative book, 15 Dec. 2012
Book would benefit from a fold-out reference chart of the area to make it easier to read in the cockpit or on the sofa at home.