Profile for Mr. Nicholas Depledge > Reviews

Content by Mr. Nicholas D...

Mr. Nicholas Depledge "Nick" (UK)

Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and features but terribly uncomfortable, 6 April 2014
As the title explains, great sound quality; 5.1 surround experience is uncanny. The features are outstanding; quick access to mute, volume, individual centre, mid, front and sub controls, detachable mic (the mic has be said is excellent).

BUT and it's a big one, they are rediculously uncomfortable and it's down to one simple factor, weight. Due to the sturdy materials and individual speakers, they aren't exactly light. Couple that with the small surface area of the head band and you get the idea. On the plus side, my wife loves these headphones because it limits my gun time to under an hour! :)

As many have said, I bourght some padded seat belt covers to wrap around the head band. This helps but only marginally from my experience.

Noctua NF-F12PWM Case Fan 120 mm
Noctua NF-F12PWM Case Fan 120 mm
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars One step closer to silence, 6 May 2013
After installing two of these into my system I became acutely aware of how noisy my GPU and CPU fans are! I'm not sold on the colour scheme but everything else about this produce is flawless. Highly recommended!

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit, 6 May 2013
I'll keep it brief;
Pro's: Nice build quality, very secure fit, light and easy to hold.
Con's: With lid shut your kindle goes on standby therefore using a small amount of battery. Suppose I'm being picky but it would be nice if it stayed off when I closed the lid. My personal preference though.

Apple Keyboard
Apple Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Keyboard!, 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: Apple Keyboard (Electronics)
Asthetically it ticks all the right boxes. Its small, solid, easy to use and takes up very little space on the desk. The keys are very easy to type with and produce little fatigue over extended periods of time (Six hours of continuous COD6 should do as a good benchmark!).

There are a few draw backs however... The two inbuilt usb ports are fairly useless. I've got a high spec pc but i still recieve a "low usb power" warning when i plug in a simple usb key. Not to worry though. The only other niggle is that there are some keys which arent present. Delete being a major one! Bringing up the task manager baffled me for a while! However there is a simple key combo: Ctrl + Shift + Esc

Overall this keyboard is brilliant all be it with a few quirks!

Fallout 3: Game Add-On Pack - Broken Steel and Point Lookout (PC DVD)
Fallout 3: Game Add-On Pack - Broken Steel and Point Lookout (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic add-on!, 27 Oct 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'll keep this short and sweet!

I've had no problems, crashes or glitches with this addon (very unusual I know)! The game itself is fantastic, allowing you to continue playing fallout3 past the original games ending. I've been able to explore to my hearts content!

Point Lookout as an expansion is awesome! Some of the enermies are ridiculously hard to the point of being annoying but hey!

All in all i thoroughly recommend this expansion.

PS. please dont be phased by people harping on about DRM. There is a version of Securom on this game however its only a simple CD check (nothing we haven't seen before!). No root kit, no activation limitation and no reduction in pc performance! Nothing! If your still sceptical, check the Bethesda website. Its all there in black and white.

Fallout 3 (PC)
Fallout 3 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe everything you hear! This game is ace!, 13 Sep 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fallout 3 (PC) (Video Game)
You will no doubt, as I did, have read all the negative reviews on this site about how this game uses Securom 7 and the overall game is buggy as hell. Well as I've already said, don't believe everything you hear! This game does infact use securom 7 but its the diluted version. Meaning that it does a simple disk check every time you play the game. This is nothing new and can be legally bypassed by accessing the .exe directly through your C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3. So don't worry! No route kit, no intrusion, just a cd check and your away!

Secondly, there are the unfortunate few who will no doubt have trouble playing Fallout 3. But thats the price us PC gamers pay for the endless choice we have in hardware and configuration. I however have had no such crashes what so ever! I'll post my spec with a view that this might help a few people decide on this title or not:

OS: Vista Ultimate 64bit
Pro: 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo Quad Core 6600 Go Step
RAM: 4GB OCZ 8500Mhz (2x2GB sticks)
MoBo: Asus P5E
Graphics: Asus 728mb 8800GTX
HD: Western Digital 500gb
HD2: Western Digital 720gb

There are a few things to bear in mind though! Don't run steam at the same time and also close your sidebar. Fallout doesn't like these two for some reason?

Buy the game, its fantastic fun!

Anyway, hope this helps!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2010 11:46 AM GMT

Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills
Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills
by Charles Henderson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic depiction and insight into the Vietnam war., 31 Aug 2009
I'll keep this short and sweet. This book is a must read! Gripping, tense and full of astounding true stories about the legendary marine sniper, Carlos Hathcock. Buy, read, enjoy! Then read again! :)

Far Cry 2 (PC)
Far Cry 2 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars DRM riddled rental game! Avoid!, 28 Oct 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 (PC) (Video Game)
I'm a gamer! I love games! I spend an insane amount of money on games each year and I for one was extremely excited about the release of Far Cry 2! I've played the 360 version (for obvious reasons) and its no surprise to say that this game is brilliant! Very engrossing and superbly executed.

Were it not for EA and their rediculous attempt at security then I would in fact part with my hard earned cash. But I'm sorry EA, I will not allow my computer to be infected with a root kit that is intended on sending information back to EA regarding my activity! Several Trojan viruses have already been adapted to gain access to peoples computers using the same ports intended for EA to listen in on us! Its claimed that DRM software is the new standard of piracy protection and was necessary. And thats great! I agree with piracy protection to safeguard future releases and keep the industry healthy. BUT! If DRM software is so robust then how was it cracked within 24hrs of its release? It begs the question, what are EA thinking!?

With DRM software in place, I have been forced to leave this title on the shelf. Let me make this clear that I would gladly pay the asking price for this game were it not for invasive software engineered to spy and us and rid the market of second hand games!

EA, its not ethical and you've shot yourself in the foot! Theres over 150 reviews on here denouncing the game because of DRM software! Thats 150 people, times £29.99, equaling £4498 of cash that you've lost out on!

AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS!