Profile for R. Greene > Reviews

R. Greene

Shrinking Violet
Shrinking Violet
by Lou Kuenzler

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly and Totally Hilarious! An Irrespressible Heroine for the 21st Century., 9 July 2012
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
I've just read this to a six year old and a seven year old and we all cried with laughter! Violet is the funniest, pint sized heroine we've ever encountered. Full of action and laugh out loud gags, 'Shrinking Violet' is definitely no shrinking violet. I can imagine that boys might like this one too.

My Grandpa
My Grandpa
by Marta Altes

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Touching, 9 July 2012
This review is from: My Grandpa (Hardcover)
Grandpa has Alzheimer's but this is subtly alluded to, never overstated. This beautiful and touching story can be enjoyed as simple tale of love between a grandfather and his grandchild, or used as a gentle explanation of why a grandparent has become 'forgetful'.

No! (Child's Play Library)
No! (Child's Play Library)
by Marta Altes

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully Doggie, 9 July 2012
Such a simple story but oh so funny! The illustrations are beautiful. Its impossible not to fall in love with this cheeky little dog. A firm favourite at bedtime, my youngest LOVES it.

The Boy Who Hated Toothbrushes
The Boy Who Hated Toothbrushes
by Zehra Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, lively illustrations., 26 Jun 2011
This is a wonderful book, which is our current bedtime favourite! My daughter loves the humour, and I love the anarchic energy in the illustrations. More than just propaganda for oral hygiene, it is essentially a warm and funny story. But having said that I have to admitt our nightly battles over her toothbrush have got easier. Especially since she now has her very own toothsparkler!

Jake's Cave (Walker Story)
Jake's Cave (Walker Story)
by Lou Kuenzler

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for newly confident readers, 26 May 2011
My six year old son loves this book. We've read it together and now he has just finished reading it on his own! The story is exciting and heart-warming and he really enjoyed the part where he has to pretend the dragon exists for the sake of his little sister. Its just the right length and we're definitely on the look out for more books by this author.