Profile for Annette M Simcock > Reviews

Content by Annette M Simcock

Annette M Simcock

Mind Calm: The Modern-Day Meditation Technique that Gives You 'Peace with Mind'
Mind Calm: The Modern-Day Meditation Technique that Gives You 'Peace with Mind'
by Sandy Newbigging

5.0 out of 5 stars Making meditation accessible, 3 Mar 2014
There is no doubt that Sandy Newbigging made meditation not just ‘acceptable’ but also accessible to me. Whilst I couldn’t ignore the mounting evidence about its effect on stress levels and health (the initial trigger for my interest), I struggled to overcome the image in my mind of meditation being associated with something vaguely religious / hippie / ‘fluffy’, and even when I did give it a go, I concluded that I was failing by not being able to ‘empty my mind’. Over recent years I have not only experienced the benefits I hoped for, but also many other very pleasant side-effects! Sandy’s approach has always been straightforward, with the revelation of aiming for peace WITH mind being one of the greatest enablers of all. It’s perhaps not surprising then that I had high expectations of this new book dedicated entirely to Mind Calm Meditation, but the book has exceeded my expectations. It is clear and simple, making no demands on the reader to be anything they do not want to be, whilst at the same time demonstrating the potential for the unlimited experiences that can ensue from a regular meditation practice. The book is therefore ideal for beginners as well as anyone interested in gaining new perspectives / insights to support their meditation practice.