Profile for Ange > Reviews

Gypsy Boy on the Run
Gypsy Boy on the Run
by Mikey Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly consuming read, 1 July 2011
This review is from: Gypsy Boy on the Run (Hardcover)
Nothing prepared me for reading On The Run. Yes I knew from Gypsy Boy to expect a well written account of Mikeys life, but to go the roller-coaster in this latest instalment has really knocked me for six.
Compelling, funny, honest and the most emotional story telling ever takes the reader from the life of a scared 15 year old boy to a 30 year old man who is still travelling a journey.
Having followed the progress from Gypsy Boy on Twitter - it's every moment of not only Mikeys past you feel but in his words and expressions. Thank you for sharing this largely untold world with us. Your an incredibly talented and lovely person.Andrea xx

Gypsy Boy
Gypsy Boy
by Mikey Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read...., 6 April 2010
This review is from: Gypsy Boy (Paperback)
I read this knowing very little about what to expect and was submerged into Mikey's world instantly. The way in which Mikey tells the story of his upbringing is both distressing to read and compelling at the same time. To read a first hand account of the life that was planned for him from birth was a real insight into a culture I knew little of other than my own prejudices. I thoroughly support Mikey in telling his story his way and hope he fights those who will not officially recognise his work. I will continue to recommend this as a book to read and absorb.