Profile for S. Cook > Reviews

Content by S. Cook

S. Cook "stevetygertiger" (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
HAUNTED: The GHOSTS that share our world
HAUNTED: The GHOSTS that share our world

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 2 Mar 2014
A Good collection of stories told in a no nonsense manner, an easy read for those odd few quiet moments

The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories (Mammoth Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 2 Mar 2014
Pretty good collection, one of those books that you can pick up and read now and again picking through and returning to when you have an odd quiet half hour

The Gene Kelly Signature Collection (2011) [DVD]
The Gene Kelly Signature Collection (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gene Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 2 Mar 2014
What can I say, Gene Kelly is just magic, anyone not captivated by his dancing has no soul, while Fred Astaire was the picture of technical perfection Gene was a more relaxed 'in the moment' dancer.
This collection is a good introduction to the man's endless talent.

Marius' Mules V: Hades' Gate
Marius' Mules V: Hades' Gate

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Fronto, 2 Mar 2014
I feel an affinity with Fronto the main character, as someone who spends his time indulging in very physical combative activities I find it hard to accept that things I used to do easily are going to be a lot harder the older I get, I too have a dodgy knee that collapses at will and find recent changes in my life as frustrating as the newly retired Fronto so these books have a special place in my heart, the writing is good and the action swift and brutal.

Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Travis Fimmel

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, 2 Mar 2014
If you are expecting another Spartacus, (not that I didn't love that series) then you are going to be slightly disappointed as this stays 'real' with none of the 'cartoon' violence. Almost has a documentary feel to it, the character's are believable, the period well represented and the story compelling. Have a DVD day and watch it from beginning to end.

Marius' Mules VI: Caesar's Vow
Marius' Mules VI: Caesar's Vow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 2 Mar 2014
Another addition to what is an exciting and enjoyable series, the character's are constantly growing in what has been so far a series hard to put down

New BLACK Rubber Cord Chain Sterling Silver Necklace 22"
New BLACK Rubber Cord Chain Sterling Silver Necklace 22"
Offered by FASH Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 2 Mar 2014
Ordered this as I did not realise another item that I bought came with a leather cord, however I am pleased that I did because it is of such quality that I swapped it for the original, the fastening is small enough to slip through the smallest of openings.

Ripper Street - Series 2 [DVD]
Ripper Street - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good Ripping yarn, 2 Mar 2014
The writing in this series just gets better and better, the acting is superb, why we can't have more of this kind of TV and a little less 'reality' is beyond me, perhaps it is because this kind of program, Sherlock, Whitechapel and the like requires a little thought. Thanks to Amazon for saving Ripper street from being axed so that we can look forward to a third series.
PS
Mr Jerome Flynn's acting is so good we could almost forgive that Robson and Jerome album...almost!

Thor: Viking God of Thunder (Myth)
Thor: Viking God of Thunder (Myth)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 2 Mar 2014
Interesting book following the stories and beliefs behind the worship of the god Thor, (Thunor) nicely illustrated through out good read for those who's interest has been peaked by the recent Marvel films and are wanting to know a little more

Marius' Mules: Prelude to War
Marius' Mules: Prelude to War

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable series, 2 Mar 2014
This series has been consistently good I always looked forward to Fronto's exploits in past books and find the depiction of Caesar well informed
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 5:28 PM BST