Profile for Twis > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Little Tikes High Backed Toddler Swing
Little Tikes High Backed Toddler Swing

3.0 out of 5 stars A good quality, sturdy swing, 21 Jan. 2015
A good quality, sturdy swing. I'm a childminder and it gets lots of use. Great for younger children but be careful with slightly older/heavier children where you might thing the front guard is enough to keep them secure. If they lean forwards, they could potentially be tipped out of the swing. Always, always use the strap.

Star Wars Millenium Falcon LEGO Carrying Case (Large)
Star Wars Millenium Falcon LEGO Carrying Case (Large)
Offered by Papillon Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present from the grandparents, 14 Dec. 2014
Fab, perfect for a Lego-loving 6-year-old who can now pack up a little bit of Lego for when we're going out. A much loved and well used item.

Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
by Carol McCloud

5.0 out of 5 stars ... understood the idea of 'buckets' and it's provided a good basis for talking about actions and how they affect ..., 17 Sept. 2014
My 3 year old and 5 year old immediately understood the idea of 'buckets' and it's provided a good basis for talking about actions and how they affect other people. Really, really like this book.

Lian Li PC-8N - mid tower - ATX
Lian Li PC-8N - mid tower - ATX
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look carefully at the pictures, 17 Sept. 2014
Note that there are two different bananguards pictured. I wanted one like the main picture, which fits bigger bananas and matches the bananaguard we already have. What I received was one like the one of the other, small pictures. It's a bit small. I'll have to buy bananas to accommodate this.

500 Pieces White Snap Lock Pins Loop Price Tag Fastener 7" 180mm
500 Pieces White Snap Lock Pins Loop Price Tag Fastener 7" 180mm
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Aug. 2014
Not a cable tie. You can't tighten them. No use for what I needed them for.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Really vibrant colours and easy to use, 30 July 2014
Really vibrant colours and easy to use. I'm a childminder so needed extra gloves and aprons beyond what was provided, but on the plus side five children have dyed t-shirts and I've got enough dye left for the other three who are still to do this activity.

10 Minutes a Day Maths Ages 3-5 (Reissues Education 2014)
10 Minutes a Day Maths Ages 3-5 (Reissues Education 2014)
by Carol Vorderman

2.0 out of 5 stars I've worked in educational publishing and I'm now working as ..., 5 July 2014
I've worked in educational publishing and I'm now working as an early years educator, and I am not sure that a lot of thought has gone into the activities in this book. I was hoping for something that would help my son consolidate what he should have learned by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and this book isn't it. I originally bought the age 5-7 book but that's too difficult (and requires a higher reading level than an end-of-reception child generally has) and this book is too basic. The most valuable exercise is the occasional dot-to-dot, and I really do wonder how the colouring in pages contribute to maths skills. I wish I'd had a chance to look at this book before I bought it because I wouldn't have spent my money on it.

10 Minutes a Day Maths Ages 5-7 (Reissues Education 2014)
10 Minutes a Day Maths Ages 5-7 (Reissues Education 2014)
by Carol Vorderman

4.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for an end-of-reception age child, 29 Jun. 2014
Definitely more for the 7 year olds than the 5 year olds. I bought this for my son who's just finishing reception (and is 5 and 3/4 years old) and it's too difficult. To be able to do the work independently, your child will have to be able to read sentences like 'Write 26 in words' (the first question in the book). I've bought the book down to see us through the summer holidays and consolidate the knowledge from this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 8:48 PM GMT

Eyelevel Tots Heart 2 Girl's Sunglasses Yellow One Size
Eyelevel Tots Heart 2 Girl's Sunglasses Yellow One Size

3.0 out of 5 stars Small. Even on a just-turned-3-year-old, 17 Jun. 2014
OK, fold up well and reasonably cute. But surprisingly small. My nearly-two-year-old niece (who was on holiday with us) would have found these too small.

Kathmandu Self Inflating Regular Mat Hike 38mm - REG
Kathmandu Self Inflating Regular Mat Hike 38mm - REG

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the children, sound sleep in terrible weather!, 17 Jun. 2014
We did a practice camping-in-the-garden to test out the new mats, and my son slept through three rainstorms and two sessions of the local foxes fighting. This mat is good...

It seems a bit more non-slip that the slightly bigger and thicker different-brand mat I've bought for me.

It's early days, but I like very much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4