Profile for Trad Boffelson > Reviews

River Cottage: Summer's Here [2009] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better, 23 Nov. 2011
Hugh manages to keep things fresh and interesting even after several seasons. I enjoy spending a few minutes retreating to Hugh's idealic farm and lifestyle. The show is funny, relaxing and instructional. I like that the shows are broken into segments that allow me to watch a little each day as i unwind at night.

The Naked Chef : Complete BBC Series 1-3 [DVD]
The Naked Chef : Complete BBC Series 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Oliver
Offered by Rapid-DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars naked and a bit raw, 22 May 2011
This was our first time seeing the first series and it took us a couple of shows to get into it. But get into it we did and enjoyed the series. The recipes are a bit more complicated with more ingredients than in later shows. We particularly like the stories that go along with each episode. It makes us wish we were young and just starting out again.

Mrs Fry's Diary
Mrs Fry's Diary
by Mrs Stephen Fry

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't read in a library, they'll kick you out, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Mrs Fry's Diary (Hardcover)
I'm not a laugh out loud sort of person. I don't even like the LOL abbreviation. Still i did LOL on nearly every page. I keep the book in my car and read it when i have a minute or two. I recently drove some colleagues to lunch and one of them (more reserved than me), picked it up and LOL several times on the drive to the restaurant. The things that make you LOL are the unexpectedness of the humor. It is a book of wonderful imagery and titillating prose. My only complaint is with me. I didn't grow up British and imagine I would be laughing out loud even more so if i had.

Fry's English Delight: Series 3
Fry's English Delight: Series 3
by Stephen Fry
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Meanders a bit, 7 Dec. 2010
Having thoroughly enjoyed the first two series, I was a bit disappointed in the third. I did not find the topics as interesting and lost interest in the topics before they were completed. Some of the guest experts seemed to meander a bit. Still there's a richness to the topics and perhaps a second listen might yield better results.

Alan Davies: Urban Trauma [DVD] [1998]
Alan Davies: Urban Trauma [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Alan Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars funny (doesn't resort to profanity or crudity), 6 July 2009
I purchased this after seeing Alan Davies in a couple of different tv series (Bob & Rose, Jonathon Creek). Although the show started slow and i had to look up some of the references (eg Bananas in Pajamas) it soon picked up and was funny and entertaining. I laughed so hard I cried. I think if i had a better vocabulary of british slang i would have laughed even more.
What i particularly like is that the humor does not resort to profanity or crudity to be funny. The stories themselves and the way they are presented is what entertains. Alan Davies gives us a unique look on ordinary things, such as signs at the airport or the behaviour of cats. I recently flew on a trip and found myself laughing as the pilot came on the intercom and when the plane landed (i won't spoil it by saying more). It's a funny feel good hour plus of entertainment that will stay with you and even change how you look at life.