Profile for me > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Clarks Women's Marble Opal Combat Boots
Clarks Women's Marble Opal Combat Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice casual boots, 20 Jan. 2014
Bought these in black, size 5. As usual with Clarks shoes, great quality, perfect fit and very comfortable.

Disagree with previous review. I have very wide feet and have no trouble getting these on and off. There is a zip down the side, and if your really struggling, you can take off the leather/chain "stirrup" (not sure exactly what to call it) which gives you plenty of room and easily clips back on.

A great buy, especially at the price!

Nad's Brazilian & Bikini Kit 140g
Nad's Brazilian & Bikini Kit 140g

5.0 out of 5 stars The best home wax I've used...but NOT for the beginner!, 10 Dec. 2013
First Up - If you've never had a Brazilian wax done professionally with hot wax, I don't recommend doing this at home. Working with hot wax is skill and the product really should come with this warning. It's messy and can be very painful if you get it on the wrong "bits" and attempt to pull it off!

If, like me, you've been having a hot wax done professionally for years and feel confident that you can DIY it, this is the best DIY hot wax I've come across so far. I can genuinely say, having had both done, hot wax is the LEAST PAINFUL Brazilian method. In comparison I find waxing with strips almost unbearable.

Tips:
- You might need to heat the wax for longer then the stated amount of time - I did - a whole minute and a half more.
- The instructions say make sure hair is less than 5mm, this is no joke. If the hair is longer your in for a very painful and long process of hair removal, ouch.
- Apply talcum powder to the area and keep applying it throughout - this really helps ensure that the area is dry and the wax adheres to the hair and not your skin which = less pain.
- If the wax is hardening, put it back in the microwave. I often need to do this at least once when doing a full Brazilian. It's important that the wax is easy to spread and not too thick.

As I said, home Brazilians with hot wax are not for the beginner - a bikini line might be OK - get it done professionally for a while first!

Clarks Women's Kimber Azizi Ankle Boots
Clarks Women's Kimber Azizi Ankle Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Boots, 23 Sept. 2013
A lovely, soft, quality leather, so comfortable and true to size. I have quite wide feet and they're fine for me with a pair of thin socks. The ankle is narrow enough to fit under my bootleg jeans without bulging or bunching at the bottom. I know I'll get loads of wear out of these as the colour will go with nearly everything.

East Coast Clara Dresser (Antique)
East Coast Clara Dresser (Antique)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks better than in the picture, 7 Aug. 2013
I'm really happy with this changing table. The wood finish is beautiful and the finish looks far smoother in person than in the picture. Functional design and will be perfect height for changing baby (I'm 5'4).

It was very easy to put together - only took about 20 minutes. Can see this being used for years to come.

Piha Tropical Daisy Balconette Women's Bikini Multi Size 14DD
Piha Tropical Daisy Balconette Women's Bikini Multi Size 14DD
Offered by FACTORY OUTLET PRICES

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 13 Jun. 2013
I really like this bikini top. Admittedly I had to order a slightly bigger size (I'm usually a 34B Bra but I needed a 10C bikini top) but the top itself is a lovely style and print. Good quality clasp on the back and adjustable straps. The picture doesn't show the nice pale blue that's around the top of the bikini, in the picture it just looks white but there is a pattern.

4 stars due to small ish sizing only.

Rocket Dog Women's Mendy Flats
Rocket Dog Women's Mendy Flats
Offered by SOLETRADER-OUTLET
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars My experience differs from some of the negative reviews..., 27 Dec. 2012
OK... so I have wide feet. Alright, alright, I'll admit it, I probably have some of the widest feet you've seen, and these are a snug fit, but I do find them perfectly comfortable with a pair of "normal" socks on. Yes, I agree I couldn't wear thick socks, but given the warmth of this winter in Ireland (8-10 degrees), they're perfectly suitable for me! I'm not sure why the other reviewer couldn't, but I can certainly wear them with skinny jeans, I have two pairs, Lee and Tommy Hilfiger, and they both go under nicely. Very happy with my cheap purchase, 4 stars simply because they mark easily, but you can also clean them easily.

Ornami 9 ct Yellow Gold Glamour Accent Pendant with 46 cm Chain
Ornami 9 ct Yellow Gold Glamour Accent Pendant with 46 cm Chain

2.0 out of 5 stars Nope... not for me!, 27 Dec. 2012
I see that there are other reviews that rave about this necklace, but no, its not for me. Bought it for my mother n law for chrissy, but ended up returning it instead. The pendant and chain are so tiny that, well, to me it just looks cheap. I know, I know, it gives the measurements in the product description and its exactly as described, but it just looked so pretty in the picture I couldn't resist!! Just a word of warning for those who see the 5 star reviews as I did and say they'll give it a go, despite the measurements - take out a ruler and have a good look before purchasing. Still giving it 2 stars because I realise its partly my fault.

Dune Women's Adderley Di Black T Straps Heels 0085503940232010 6 UK
Dune Women's Adderley Di Black T Straps Heels 0085503940232010 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful shoe, but beware of the sizing and slippery-ness!, 27 Dec. 2012
These shoes are beautiful, a lovely shiny patent black. Good heel height - I can't walk around in heels too high but I was fine with these on Christmas day. The reason I've given them a 4 star is that they're very, very "dainty", and unfortunately, my feet aren't. I'm a fairly standard size 5, always have been, never had an issue, but my feet are probably wider then "average". Purchased the size 5, and because of the slight point in the toe and the narrow "danity" shoe, my toes were too squashed. Had to return,but bought the size 6 because I really like the shoe. Size 6 feels a bit too big but it'll do! Also, you can't wear these on carpet... there is zero grip, I was slipping and sliding in front of the mirror. Tiles/Wooden floors/concrete are fine though.

French Connection Sign Language Men's T-Shirt
French Connection Sign Language Men's T-Shirt

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware - The white colour isn't really white..., 27 Dec. 2012
The shirt itself is lovely, the pattern quality, size etc is fine. Its a nice soft feel cotton, albeit slightly thinner then I would have liked, however, the picture shows a crisp WHITE shirt - this isn't white, its a creamy colour. My husband suits white shirts, but he did NOT suit the off white so I had to return it. Just a word of warning - if it had been the white as expected would have given it 4 stars. 3 stars for quality, size, fit only.

Adrianna Papell Tier Party Strapless Women's Dress
Adrianna Papell Tier Party Strapless Women's Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars This dress is far nicer then in the picture!, 5 Sept. 2012
I just received this today, Kudos to Amazon for the speedy, reliable service.

I didn't think the dress looked great in the picture - to be honest, I bought it as a back up for a wedding on Friday as I'm worried another dress I had ordered from a different website was going to be late. I now think this might actually be my first choice.

The fabric is beautiful, soft and feminine. The dress is actually an iridescent colour, which you can't see in the picture - the dress itself is blue as in the picture, but in the light its a shimmery blue/purple chiffon. Its very comfortable, not tight at all and the fit is a standard size 10. The top is fitted - the sweetheart neck is very flattering. I'm 5ft 4 and its slightly above my knee.

This dress comes highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3