Profile for S. J. Lowe > Reviews

S. J. Lowe

Commando [DVD] [1986] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Commando [DVD] [1986] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Region 1 Directors cut, 15 Mar. 2011
I recommend fans of the movie considering the R2 dvd or blu ray to avoid and get the Region 1 directors cut. It is the most complete version of the film you can get being totally uncut which is the main reason for avoiding the British versions, but also has bonus features plus original American theatrical version. The picture and audio quality are great upscaled on my blu ray player.

Red Heat [Blu-ray]
Red Heat [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Red Heat [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I will assume you already know the movie and are trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to blu-ray. In my opinion the transfer is fantastic, both picture and audio quality are excellent given the age of the film, making this the best version you can get and well worth the upgrade considering the price if you are a fan.

If you already own Raw Deal on blu ray the extras here are the same so it might be worth getting the American version which is region free and has different and possibly more interesting features.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2012 11:40 AM BST

Les Miserables - The 25th Anniversary in Concert at the O2 [DVD]
Les Miserables - The 25th Anniversary in Concert at the O2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfie Boe
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Jan. 2011
A truly amazing production, Alfie Boe is incredible as Valjean. I have become an instant fan. The rest of the cast also shine especially Matt Lucas I thought gave a great performance. The downside for me was Nick Jonas, the producers seem to have chosen him in the hope of gaining a new younger audience for the show. As a pop singer I didn't feel he was suited to such an important and challenging vocal role. His voice lacks the power of the cast members he was singing with and didn't really do justice to the solo songs. At the end of the show Michael Ball doing the same part seemed to put him somewhat to shame. Having said that I have given 5 stars as the rest of the cast are fantastic. This DVD is well worth owning for fans and people new to the show but I think the 10th anniversary show will always be the best in terms of the incredible cast. I would recommend owning both versions.

Michael
Michael
Offered by mrtopseller

2.0 out of 5 stars not bad, not great, 30 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Michael (Audio CD)
As a huge MJ fan I was disappointed that the album was released in the first place. I believe as many others that $ony are just cashing in, especially only releasing 10 songs when they own hundreds. Just another opportunity to release more and more in the future. For this reason I don't own the album and probably never will. I believe MJ's legacy is more than good enough without songs that were cut. Having said that, I have heard all the songs on YouTube. Most are ok, not great, I don't like rap and don't think it goes well with MJ's voice. I'm not sure I agree with the three 'fake' songs conspiracy. I don't think $ony would hire an impersonator when they own so much unreleased MJ material. I think that the songs are very digitally manipulated and that MJ probably wasn't at his best because he knew the songs wouldn't make the cut or was under pressure to record more material quickly to release after the this is it shows.

There are much better unreleased songs out there, go to YouTube and search On The Line, Hot Street, Got the Hots, She Got It, Nite Line. to name a few. There is much better material in $ony's possession, I don't understand why they released sub standard tracks that have been messed about with with technology to try and make them worthy of an MJ album. The more I listen to the tracks the more I believe MJ would never have agreed to this album. I personally will be sticking with the previous albums and the Jacksons albums.